What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favorite street foods

Possessing Street food implies there are streets were I live.

In one of Copenhagen's little dark back alleys there is a street cart that sells all manner of things BBQ'd on a stick.

Satay chicken is definitely one of my favorites, especially when coated in that fucking delicious peanut sauce.
satay-chicken-18097-1.jpeg

I can't find an image of it currently but they sell some sort of lizard on a stick that is probably one of my favorite foods of all time, BBQ'd and then deep-fried in a spicy garlic and chili batter. It'll make you shit lava for a week straight but goddamn if it ain't the best thing I ever had.

In one of Copenhagen's little dark back alleys there is a street cart that sells all manner of things BBQ'd on a stick.

Satay chicken is definitely one of my favorites, especially when coated in that fucking delicious peanut sauce.
View attachment 1145

I can't find an image of it currently but they sell some sort of lizard on a stick that is probably one of my favorite foods of all time, BBQ'd and then deep-fried in a spicy garlic and chili batter. It'll make you shit lava for a week straight but goddamn if it ain't the best thing I ever had.

Satay is nice. Chicken, beef, lamb, intestine if you're adventurous. Yes, several styles of pork satay as well for those so inclined.

View attachment 1145

I'm sorry but that's not sate, that looks like budget sate, like the vendor don't have enough sticks to put more chicken into the plate or don't have enough money to pour in more sauce, also, veggies? in a sate? wut?

This is a Sate:
sate-ayam-ponorogo.jpg

sate-ayam-tokomesin-x.jpg

You better have way, way more sticks in the plate and the peanut sauce covering the whole bottom of the plate, also add in sweet soy sauce on top. That's how we do it.

I'm sorry but that's not sate, that looks like budget sate, like the vendor don't have enough sticks to put more chicken into the plate or don't have enough money to pour in more sauce, also, veggies? in a sate? wut?

You better have way, way more sticks in the plate and the peanut sauce covering the whole bottom of the plate, also add in sweet soy sauce on top. That's how we do it.
Street vendors over here sell them in bundles of 3 sticks for dirt cheap with a little sauce cup, it isn't supposed to arrive on a plate :p

Street vendors over here sell them in bundles of 3 sticks for dirt cheap with a little sauce cup, it isn't supposed to arrive on a plate :p

Yeah... that's a pretty crappy Sate stand. I know a bunch of sate stands (hell, just stop at any one at the roadside) back home that sells way more for the same price.
medan-heritage-Sate-Padang-Simpang-Waspada-1170x780.jpg

Another one good option is to have a rice stall if you're in Indonesia. Even simple stuff like Nasi Kotak or Nasi Campur is really nice.
14937326-medan-mixed-rice-nasi-campur-medan.jpg

Nasi_kotak_gudeg_Wijilan.JPG

LEPAT UBI KAYU 01.jpg

Lepat ubi (cassava with flour and rice flour)

lepat pisang.jpg

Lepat pisang. (Banana with flour and rice flour)

I'm not sure what the Indonesian name is for these guys. I think you guys call it lemek, if I remember correctly.

Now, for something to drink.

3 layered tea.jpg

3 layer iced tea. Bottom layer - palm sugar, middle layer - unsweetened evaporated milk, top layer - black tea.

Back
Top Bottom