What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Famous Flat Earther Becomes Flattest Earther

Lerticus

Senile Old Coot
☭ Communism ☭
...after his steam-powered rocket crashes. 🚀

Hughes was scheduled to launch his homemade rocket for a new Science Channel series called "Homemade Astronauts," according to the Discovery Channel website.

Hughes and Waldo Stakes built a steam-powered rocket with the intent of launching Hughes 5,000 feet into the air, the website said.

He eventually hoped to develop a rocket that would launch him 62 miles in the air to where the Earth's atmosphere meets outer space, according to the Discovery Channel.

This seems like the predictable conclusion to a long series of very bad decisions. Man hates science, so he makes a rocket out of mad science, gets the "we need to show something, just get us content" Discovery Channel on board, then science gets its revenge.

*Shrug*

That was a long time coming.

I vaguely think that such a thing would not have been allowed to get that far in any other country but the US or perhaps Australia> then again I may be wrong.

*Shrug*

That was a long time coming.

I vaguely think that such a thing would not have been allowed to get that far in any other country but the US or perhaps Australia> then again I may be wrong.
Parts of Africa would also work.

Well, it's not as if it was rocket sc... oh, right. At least, he died doing what he liked and after a reasonably long life, which is a better eulogy than most people will have, so may he rest in peace.

There's that, yes.

The article doesn't tell us what he was trying to do with the rocket. I'm assuming it was intended to be unmanned, and radio back info?

There's that, yes.

The article doesn't tell us what he was trying to do with the rocket. I'm assuming it was intended to be unmanned, and radio back info?
Nah, he wanted to go to the stratosphere and parachute down. That makes him much ballsier than all the idiots online who fantasize about nonsensical ideas and political programs and are too cowardly to do anything about it.

Nah, he wanted to go to the stratosphere and parachute down. That makes him much ballsier than all the idiots online who fantasize about nonsensical ideas and political programs and are too cowardly to do anything about it.

That would be the stratolayer, if he was a serious Flat Earthist.

(meanwhile, normal people say "atmosphere" even when discussing the air inside a spaceship)

I wonder if he understood how long it would have taken him to descend?

Back
Top Bottom