What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Every Sabaton album ISOTed released in... 1939.

Mark Poe

The majestic cock
Writing Champ
On April 1st, 1939, every place that sells music on the continent of Europe and North America suddenly found themselves with some new inventory: every album by the band Sabaton (in period appropriate format of course, so don't try to point out "they don't got no DVD players back then"). This includes every language they released in.

So, how badly will the music be received? Will anyone get clued in on the tidbits of historical knowledge?

Hoo boy. I can actually see the Nazis laughing when they hear 'Attero Dominatus' as by 1939 the idea that the Russians would ever raze Berlin is utterly preposterous. Laughter that, if they go ahead with the war will slowly turn nervous before it stops.

War still seems likely, by this point Nazi Germany was well into the third bottle of their own kool aid and let's not mention Japan who got a head start on everyone with China...

Can't help but feel that 'Nuclear Attack' is going to send chills down the spine of everyone who hears it when 9 August 1945 draws ever closer...

This is, of course, assuming that anyone relevant would pay attention to the songs at all, given I have doubts on whether late 1930s people would even give the genre of metal a chance...

Having seen Sabaton live about four times I am definitely pleased with this thread.

It's a shame that it wasn't ISOTd earlier to before the Great War.

But I think the Germans might spend more time in Poland this time around giving all the songs about how badass the Polish are

Last edited:
This is, of course, assuming that anyone relevant would pay attention to the songs at all, given I have doubts on whether late 1930s people would even give the genre of metal a chance...
Well there is absolutely nothing like metal on the market. While the older generation are likely to have shit fixed taste, I can see the youths snap up everything and anything Sabaton related really fucking quickly - there's a reason the genre is a worldwide phenomenon today. It speaks to something primal and powerful. High quality metal is on the same level as ancient classical pieces that still inspire, thrill and grip audiences today. Or at the very least they attract the same kind of person, which gives the genre an enduring appeal. Once metal is born, that's that.

You can't kill the metal.
The metal will live on.
Punk rock tried to destroy the metal~

I think when the veterans of World War I are exposed to the song I listed above, people will take notice.

Well there is absolutely nothing like metal on the market. While the older generation are likely to have shit fixed taste, I can see the youths snap up everything and anything Sabaton related really fucking quickly - there's a reason the genre is a worldwide phenomenon today. It speaks to something primal and powerful. High quality metal is on the same level as ancient classical pieces that still inspire, thrill and grip audiences today. Or at the very least they attract the same kind of person, which gives the genre an enduring appeal. Once metal is born, that's that.
But the youth, then, as is now, were irrelevant in terms of geo-political influences and capabilities to affect matters (after all, their purposes in wars are to die in large numbers while old geezers in the halls of power profits from them). So even if some of them took an interest it's not like they could do anything about any future info that they could gleam from it.

Back
Top Bottom