What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Europe Built a System to Fight Russian Meddling. It’s Struggling.

Kinetic

Vivere est militare!
BRUSSELS — The European Union launched an ambitious effort earlier this year to combat election interference: an early-warning system that would sound alarms about Russian propaganda. Despite high expectations, however, records show that the system has become a repository for a mishmash of information, produced no alerts and is already at risk of becoming defunct.

Indeed, even before the European Parliament elections this spring, an inside joke was circulating in Brussels about the Rapid Alert System: It's not rapid. There are no alerts. And there's no system.

Source: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/06/...odule=Well&pgtype=Homepage&section=World News

P.S. oO

Oh I know what's going on. You guys have intentionally stopped meddling in our politics and are waiting it out, until we decide to scrap the system. But we won't be fooled, I say! We need to expand the system, make it more sensitive and give it more funding. And then even more funding. I'm sure that if we try hard enough, it will detect something, and then LIGO will pale with envy.

Seriously said, from the article it's clear what is the problem: there are still too many rational people in European politics. So all we need to do is wait, this problem will solve itself in some time :)

What this obviously means is that the Rapid Alert System has been infiltrated by the Russian propagandists from the start and everyone involved in setting it up has to be purged with extreme American progressive prejudice.

Oh I know what's going on. You guys have intentionally stopped meddling in our politics and are waiting it out, until we decide to scrap the system. But we won't be fooled, I say! We need to expand the system, make it more sensitive and give it more funding. And then even more funding. I'm sure that if we try hard enough, it will detect something, and then LIGO will pale with envy.

Seriously said, from the article it's clear what is the problem: there are still too many rational people in European politics. So all we need to do is wait, this problem will solve itself in some time :)
Well there always is Anne Widdecombe :p

Well there always is Anne Widdecombe :p
And we thank the British people for her, but for how long can she defend us from ourselves? We can't count on her alone, or rationality will be our undoing...

And we thank the British people for her, but for how long can she defend us from ourselves?
Brexit-as-Putin.jpg

Once again the Euro Atlantic democracies are outsmarted by the insidious forces of oriental despotism... this is what happens when you don't let Ukraine into NATO and preemptively launch all out nuclear strikes against Mordor.

Back
Top Bottom