What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Economic Liberalism Discussion

Except, the big multinatonals cry "why do you hate the global poor?" when told they can't record trade unionists being fed to pigs. But hey, the Moloch of the Free Market needs to be satisfied.

Strawmans, strawmans everywhere.

Strawmans, strawmans everywhere.
Globalism is basically something with upsides and downsides.

The key is to make sure you can counter the downsides.

Autarky is as dumb as people who think free trade is always good and has no downsides.

Globalism is basically something with upsides and downsides.

The key is to make sure you can counter the downsides.

Autarky is as dumb as people who think free trade is always good and has no downsides.

I mean ya.

But claiming what he claimed... Well, no. It's a windmill. Forgot that fallacy existed.

I mean ya.

But claiming what he claimed... Well, no. It's a windmill. Forgot that fallacy existed.

Ask the people of el mozote or Indonesia or the Amazon sometime, especially since big businesses have flocked to bolsonaro instead of justin trudeau

Ask the people of el mozote or Indonesia or the Amazon sometime, especially since big businesses have flocked to bolsonaro instead of justin trudeau
...didn't the Indonesian members like @Jakarta come and say you were full of shit in regards to globalism and Indonesia?

I don't know where to put this so I'll leave it here - changes in SWIFT transactions currency usage from 2015 to 2017. It really surprised me:
USD fell from 43.89% to 39.85% and EUR role increased from 29.39% to 35.66%. USD is still leading, but if the trend continues, it would be very interesting to see the 2018 numbers (which I didn't find).

ArzsoVh.jpg

Source: RMB internationalisation: Where we are and what we can expect in 2018 (by SWIFT), page 9.

"Ha only a first world white leftist knows what SEA is like, screw what the actual people from that area think."

No it's more like "Patrick Bateman and Jordan belfords are the true beacons of civic virtue because they truly love the global poor!" Which is what neoliberals actually believe.

What the fuck is wrong with you.

Because let's be honest about the hyperrich and the ceos. They are often psychopaths who would think nothing of starving babies if it felt they got a bit more money out of it (look up nestle and how they screwed over ethiopia) and would cry about how they hold up half the sky and truly love the global poor if even a whiff of regulation is hinted at. For them "Rule of law" is "i spend money to get laws written in my favour and if not then if I am accused of anything I can use biglaw to intimidate the plebs into silence" (big tobacco). As far as I am concerned the Iceland option should be used as a first resort (I.e. we are throwing you in jail freezing your assets and lolcaptial controls!) When it comes to tackling inequality.

Because let's be honest about the hyperrich and the ceos. They are often psychopaths who would think nothing of starving babies if it felt they got a bit more money out of it (look up nestle and how they screwed over ethiopia) and would cry about how they hold up half the sky and truly love the global poor if even a whiff of regulation is hinted at. For them "Rule of law" is "i spend money to get laws written in my favour and if not then if I am accused of anything I can use biglaw to intimidate the plebs into silence" (big tobacco). As far as I am concerned the Iceland option should be used as a first resort (I.e. we are throwing you in jail freezing your assets and lolcaptial controls!) When it comes to tackling inequality.

And then the world gets thrown into turmoil, commiefornia goes bankrupt, and you're the first sent to the gulags.

And then the world gets thrown into turmoil, commiefornia goes bankrupt, and you're the first sent to the gulags.

Commiefornia? Seriously? Yes California has issues with unsustainable inequality and environmental conditions, but it would be more capitalism than anything else.

Besides what makes sociopaths who spend all day at martini lunches and cocktail parties the true beacons of civic virtue? As it is, the way things are going, we're heading towards climate catastrophe, and the last thing we need is the "input" of sociopaths who only care about their wealth and opulence and scream that everyone else should be grateful for the scraps.

Last edited:
Commiefornia? Seriously? Yes California has issues with unsustainable inequality and environmental conditions, but it would be more capitalism than anything else.

Besides what makes sociopaths who spend all day at martini lunches and cocktail parties the true beacons of civic virtue? As it is, the way things are going, we're heading towards climate catastrophe, and the last thing we need is the "input" of sociopaths who only care about their wealth and opulence and scream that everyone else should be grateful for the scraps.

The last thing we need are sociopaths don't don't need a damn thing screaming that everyone with money is evil.

Bipartisan Bill Would Stop States From Denying Occupational Licenses Due to Student Loan Debt
In at least 18 states, unpaid students loans can be grounds for denying someone an occupational license—even if the applicant is otherwise fully qualified.

Under these laws, state licensing boards can prevent applicants from earning the money they need to repay the loans that disqualify them from licensure. It's a nonsensical cycle that can lock qualified workers out of good-paying jobs. There's no benefit to the public—consumers' health and safety is not threatened by workers who owe student loan payments—though the policy does, like much else in the world of licensing, serve the interests of existing license-holders by limiting competition.

Sen. Marco Rubio (R–Fla.) calls it a "Catch-22" that resembles a "modern-day debtors' prison." This week, he teamed up with Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D–Mass.) to introduce a bill that would prohibit states from denying occupational, teachers, or drivers licenses due to unpaid student loan debt.
Senators Marco Rubio and Elizabeth Warren are teaming up to bring in a bill that would prohibit states from denying the individual licencing due to unpaid student debt.

If what Reason said is true, what made lawmakers in these states think it's a good idea to limit a person's ability to repay the loans?

Last edited:
So Ilhan Omar and Alexandra Ocasio Cortez are sociopaths then?

Ya actually.

Bipartisan Bill Would Stop States From Denying Occupational Licenses Due to Student Loan Debt

Senators Marco Rubio and Elizabeth Warren are teaming up to bring in a bill that would prohibit states from denying the individual licencing due to unpaid student debt.

If what Reason said is true, what made lawmakers in these states think it's a good idea to limit a person's ability to repay the loans?

God only knows

So what makes ceos the tribunes of civic virtue who hold up half the sky?
The sweet fuck makes this actually say anything about Capitalism, fundamentally? Like, what the fuck does this have to do with the Finnish economy? Or the Swedish economy? Or basically any European economy worth mentioning? Hell, try the US's increasingly-fucked mess. You're complaining about people taking advantage of cheap labor, constantly, and never actually making any other rejections of the value of Capitalism. It's fucking constantly about the Gilded Age level horseshit that has been banned in the developed world for literally a fucking century because it did, in fact, implode before.

Can you point to a single fucking occasion where anyone in this thread has actually supported that stuff?

The sweet fuck makes this actually say anything about Capitalism, fundamentally? Like, what the fuck does this have to do with the Finnish economy? Or the Swedish economy? Or basically any European economy worth mentioning? Hell, try the US's increasingly-fucked mess. You're complaining about people taking advantage of cheap labor, constantly, and never actually making any other rejections of the value of Capitalism. It's fucking constantly about the Gilded Age level horseshit that has been banned in the developed world for literally a fucking century because it did, in fact, implode before.

Can you point to a single fucking occasion where anyone in this thread has actually supported that stuff?

Considering how all the big businesses all flocked to bolsonaro at Davis...

It's fucking constantly about the Gilded Age level horseshit that has been banned in the developed world for literally a fucking century because it did, in fact, implode before.

Yeah see problem is some (rich) people want to see the stuff unbanned and we're approaching a point where the rich get richer whilst noone else does. And if it implodes again it won't be pretty.

Yeah see problem is some (rich) people want to see the stuff unbanned and we're approaching a point where the rich get richer whilst noone else does. And if it implodes again it won't be pretty.

What a load of horse shit.
World-population-in-extreme-poverty-absolute.svg

No one else getting richer? Ya, sure. I believe you.

Back
Top Bottom