What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dream thread

Tithed_Verse

What's bugging you?
Author
This is a thread to share your dreams. Last night I had a couple. In one dream, it was a MLP based dream.

I dreaed that I was a specter in a castle that had become full of changelings. As I told the changlings "I'm a specter, not a ghost. I'm not dead, just damned. If someone found out a way to break the curse on me, a normal pony would be left behind, not a corpse."

And when the changlings asked how it felt to be a specter I said "Imagine that you're trapped at the bottom of the darkest pit in the universe." "Oh, that would be O.K then." "Oh, right, you're bugs. You like the dark. Let's try again. Imagine you're stuck in the brightest pit in the universe." "Ah, now I see your point."

I was a grey colored pony with black maine and white streak in maine, who wore a red cape with golden epaulets, and the changlings in the castle were under seige from a different group of changlings outside the castle. I was helping them for no real reason, just because I could.

I quoted sweeny tod often. "In this world is a great big pit, and the filth of the world all live in it, and the name they gave it was london."

_____

In my other dream, I was a small town sherif in a post apocalyptic setting. Except my group of refugees had been teleported into the post apocalyptic world from a cyber/scifi future sorta like Ghost in the shell or Dirty Pair.

Anyway, it started with me in a trailer park using a six-shooter that fired shells the size of a watermelon to fight with a pair of anime-esque android women. I shot the one, and she went down, so I focused on the other, but she kept catching them until I ran out of bullets and the one who went down got up again and laughed at me. Then it turned out we had been on the same side, and I was blaming them for the fact that we'd been exploded out of our world and into this one.

Our small town of sci-fi anime rejects found an empty bunker near the decayed trailer park, and set up there. After that we got into a conflict with a bunch of psychics who blamed us for a biological plague that had been unleashed on them. It took a lot of effort and some killing to get to their superiors and explain that, no, we didn't know who unleashed the plague, but we were willing to dedicate our resources to fixing it. The leader looked like the Russian primere from Command and Conquer Red Alert 2, and even though we were talking calmly, outside his men and my men were still fighting, and he refused to call a cease fire until we were done talking. He was a dick.

I had a dream i led a multi site campaign to purge forum based sites of mods. SB, SV CV, etc were all conquered and were made troll havens.

I had a dream that I was the woman in Texas Chinasaw Massacre being chased around in circles around this house by this maniac with a chainwas and then I escaped by climbing over barbed wire fence and slicing my hands open. Oh wait that's more like a nightmare. Nevermind. Maybe I should make a nightmare threa.

I had a dream once where vampires existed but for some reason water restored blood. Steve Irwin and some cartoon crocodile from this old brand of candy were a duo of vampire hunters.
I also had this dream where my childhood crush and I were dating. It was a nightmare.

I think it may have been a night where I went to bed after being in a thread here about it, but I had a dream about people, including a woman pregnant with a gene-edit embryo, being hunted by GovCorp and collapsing society around them and war and have to escape on a chopper and end up crashing as the woman gives brith and everyone but super-baby dies because he's a superorganism

two dreams.

Dream 1 was somewhat weird, I was basically a drag queen working for a circus. I think it was inspired by that "Republicans freaking out about drag queens teaching kids" thing because I had antler prosthetic that I wore for some of the performances. Also had some interesting scars. A long jagged one up the front of my right foot, starting at the third knuckle of my middle toe and going up to the top of my ankle was the most noticeable one.

Anyway, it was a fairly nice dream. My performance was essentially assistant to various other acts, including a stage magician, and an animal tamer, and I had to do quick costume changes in between acts so that the audience wouldn't catch on that it was the same person each time. Typically this was accomplished by quickly washing off my body-paint, and getting a new outfit + body-paint in a different set of colors. Which I had to do in about 8-12 minutes. So that was a little stressful, but the outfits were made to be easy to get on and off, and the paint was water soluble, except for the last act which involved water and swimming. That paint was very much not water soluble.

I was typically presented for the acts as some sort of fae creature, but this was a dream world without real magic, so I was just a human in elaborate quick-change costumes.

Interestingly, part of the reason for the Drag Queen deal was to make my character harder to identify when he wasn't working, so that he wouldn't need to keep his 'stage face' on when offstage.

The circus was interesting setting. Lots of soft velvety curtains and thin colorful see through curtains all billowing around. The circus was a semi-permanent structure, not a traveling circus, with several standing structures, and large tents draped from wires running between them. The mess of wires (which often had nets strung between them) doubled as tightropes, and circus performers would travel using them, to avoid crowds, while the thick velvety sheets prevented people from ducking between sections easily, and the thin sheets were layered to create mysterious feeling but less material partitions... often raised or lowered to reveal performances, or simply used to create a path for a queue.

Dream 2 was basically based on Eureka. A government project to produce advanced research was being privatized and sold to a corporate bidder, so all of the projects that were 'uneconomical' or 'unproductive' were being shut down, and the people being forced to move out... including for some reason a collection of ghosts. Or at least translucent, blue colored people who can touch each other, but can't really be touched by someone who's not one of them.

Big long hallways and people being guided out by armed guards. I didn't have a body in this dream, and wasn't a ghost. I just sorta wandered around and watched little moments of humanity while the people were kicked out: A bigger kid offering a smaller kid a doll. Some ghosts getting up to mischief. A husband and wife making plans for the future outside of the space. It was kinda sad.

I guess I was supposed to be some sort of AI monitoring/security system, because a handful of people seemed to notice my presence and ask me what I was doing there? They called me something that sounded like an AI name, and not like a human name.

Back
Top Bottom