What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Diary of a God

One of the trinity

Naqu2o

Author
This is a rewrite of my Bad Guy quest on Spacebattles.

On the night the sky blazes up with star, the gods fall.

Silence.

Yes. A darkroom would help with concentration. Meditate on what happened.

20 years ago the sky lit up with falling star. Falling gods. Long before man come the gods have been fighting. Divided into two sides, the eternal battle rage between beings that would later be called god. The memory is falterin-

A chariot races through the sky announcing the coming of dawn.

-Fuck. Again with the distraction. My power works best at night so I hate the dawn so

Anyway, in actually, I, am one of the so call gods. In fact I belong to an extremely prestigious faction that may perhaps be the minority, but everyone know about. The so called evil gods. There is only three of us for a faction, but that faction have been fighting a long time against the other faction of "the good gods".

It is unfair how many people chose to align to the other faction rather than our faction. Perhaps it was because they protest joining the "evil faction" and the rest just simply follow the one with the most fraction.

But

In the final battle between good and evil, the two factions collide and everyone got butchered anyway so it is all good. The reunion date is determined to be a billion years later when the cosmo has stabilized. Then the souls of all the gods fall down like stars to the nearest life bearing world.

The problem is that 'I' somehow got mixed up with the "good faction" and reincarnate early with them.

They out number me ninety nine thousand nine hundred ninety nine to one! That is bad even if I am restore to full health! That is also approximately the number of reincarnate gods in the world. Exactly one hundred thousand, and they count me as one of them. That is not good. Not good at all. What if someday the person I have replaced show up again as a baby? They will instantly know who I am.

By the end time the number of Gods fighting is approximately billions. Countless, endless. I feel a bit of regret that soon enough, all inhabitants of this planet will be replaced with our own. They can't even stop it, since effectively from this point on, every child that is born is replaced with one of us. However, I am more concerned about being surrounded on all sides by enemies.

Well, maybe the other two of the trinity of evil can arrive so we can get this war going again.

But now, the local inhabitants have mostly accepted that gods are real and living among them. Some calls it aliens or something. But mostly we have celebrity status, and with the wisdom of an ancient being countless aeons old, some have assumed seats of power, maybe being the controller of all the power behind the scene even. And with that the early arrvivals created a world hospitable to the gods. And with that I am currently living in a high class neighborhood surrounded by the other new incarnation.

This is not good.

If only I have the memory and power of my old form, then maybe I can be less insecure. But the variety of power from all these "good gods" are scary, I have mostly stabilized my position as "one of them" right now. Lack of memory, lesser power. I don't want to destabilize that position too much that they detect something is wrong with me.

So, let see...

Even now the world has changed into something out of mythology. Something like a chariot pulling the sun is now a reality. And all kind of mythological happening occur, at least in this part of town.

Something like your old hammer falling into the lake, suddenly a beautiful lady come out and hands you a new hammer, an even newer hammer with magic imbued and your old hammer. If you are greedy the goddess will punish you and drag you down the lake to drown, if you are honest she will give all three.

Something cheesy like that can happen in every part of life. It is a bad thing that my memory cannot come back, or else even without my full power I could use the estoric art to be able to at least put up a fight.

Another thing is how we are portrayed in the media. One of the leader of the old faction reincarnate early and has slowly subverted the propaganda in our favor. Supposedly the Gods are "touched by humanity" and "have changed" to be innately human. But no, we all stay the same, and soon enough this civilization will be replaced with our.

We stay the exact same person as we were before, and now that the normal inhabitant is gone from this exclusive town, we just revert back to their nature.

Despite that...

Despite that...

Why did those damned fellow gods and goddesses create such a troublesome thing such as school just to follow the local culture? We just establish that everyone is the same person after all, except for some memory loss.

Why are they doing thing like dressing up as super hero anyway? It is a stupid fad. And the whole school for gods and goddesses, it is called a school for superhero!

"Bro, you are gonna be late for school if you keep doing your god stuff." The call was of the sister. My local inhabitant sister that I convince the "authority" to allow her to come and stay in this higher class residential zone. It is hilarious is what it is. Everyone is the same, but now they was "born" again and have family. Just like old time. We stick to our own until the "family" grow old and perish in the inevitable war.

But I know I can't be as carefree as them, I have lots of enemies on all side.

I want to be safe.

I want to live.

I want to erase my enemies.

I want to be whole again.

I want the other two to reincarnate safely so I can achieve all of the above.

"Bro?"

The girl with short hair knocks on the room twice. She is wearing baggy shirt and shorts even though the living conditions are good now and we are not short on money.

But... at least the facade of family will lessen the others' suspicion.

However

"That shirt is too short. Too short!"

"Hau!"

With a scolding I chase her out of my room.

Damn it.

When will the other two reincarnate?

Ooohhh, this sounds nice. I'd like you to continue it.

This a fanfic or...?

It was an original quest. So it's an original fiction

Ah, okay then. That's nice.

Please continue this, I am interested.

Curse and worm
Curse of erasure.

The power to curse something to death.

It is the power of my curse.

At the end of the first war, after the boss was dethroned by the relentless attack of the higher gods and their victory was at hand, a surprise was waiting for them. At the height of their victory, at the peak of celebration, when nothing can impede the eternal victory of good, that is when my surprise sprung.

The attackers, weary after defeating the boss and subduing him for sealing was attacked by a mysterious curse. They know it is me, a part of the trinity, but they didn't care at first because the boss was the one who have the most power, and he was already defeated.

Or at least that was what they thought.

However that is why I chose to attack then, to see the despair of defeat in their eyes when they were just on the curb of victory. Just after they were assured that everything was going to be fine.

That is the most delicious despair.

My appearance was that of a worm. In the old unknown the first curse instrument was the hatching of a worm. Digging into the skin, to the nerve system, the first curse was crude, only meant for inflicting pain. The evolution of curses created a better version of that first curse, one made from many many tiny unhatched worm egg. This evolution is said to be able to control the mind of the one afflicted by it, while still retaining the painful torture angle.

Why was worm the first curse instrument? Different from its current incarnation, the ancient worm was said to be one of the first creature to emit poison. And it was an insidious kind of poison, not the one that would kill its prey, but one that entrap it in pain forever, effectively paralyzing them, making them food for the worm.

My first incarnation was that of a worm. Tiny, easily trampled on by the bigger gods. Then I grew wings to instead tower over other gods. Evolution force me to grow bigger and bigger till one day I trampled on the one who trampled me. Then, I, as incarnation of an evil god, grew horn just as the boss and the other evil.

The Old Root was the other member of the trinity. There were three, the boss who hold power over all of us, the Old Root, and me. However in the end, the Old Root was defeated long before the boss.

There was only me left.

So then, the battle was going to be short?

The battle was short. Most of the Gods died that day. The curse fell over them, attacking their sense and dissolving them outright. My poison bit into them, paralyzing them in agony. For the one who survived the first wave of curse, that was the kind of poison that await them.

In the end however, it was actually very short. Most of the gods who have no answer to the curse and the poison die. However, the one who survive would kill me easily.

They killed me with as much prejudice as I was killing them. On the dawn of their victory

"I... curs...e y...ou..."

A voice rang out to the cosmic battlefield.

Death curse.

The most ancient and powerful of all curse.

"I curse... yo...u"

I remember laughing in tears that day.

Even if I die, I am taking them with me

Death curse.

"I curs...e yo..u..."

One... Two... Three... the voice rang out.

The confusion on that day was slowly replaced by dawning realization.

The Gods realize the despair that was me.

I, who is the lowest of the low.

I, who is the weakest of the trinity.

When everything fell apart just on the dawn of victory, when all of their sacrifices to defeat the boss was for naught.

That is the most delicious despair that I would give my life for.

A sea of mud drags everybody that is an acceptable recipient of my curse toward my body, screaming as the pain take them to the abyss.

Everything that is my enemies. Everything that I hate. Everything that despair.

Death curse.

That was the curse of a lowly insect who rose to the position of power. That was something that I brought to the trinity. Forever cementing my place among them.

"Arghh ha ha ha..."

The first war ended with everyone dying.

After that. Again and again I died. In every engagement. Again and again did everything get cursed to death. No exception. This is my power, the power of a lowly worm that got trampled upon. A power that would destroy even a high god like Ra or Thor. The power that causes the most casualties.

Everything died, then everything got reborn again. After aeons, my name was finally cemented in the consciousness of the gods.

Eraser

-Or at least that is what I remember. There was more thing at play, and at my current situation, I don't think I will be able to understand the "me" that was at the peak of my power. It is a different "me" with a different perspective before many reincarnations muddle everything up.

And despite all that fear and loathing, despite all of my power, today I have to go to school because it is mandatory. At that moment, something caught my attention, drifting in the wind.

"Benevolent "Gods" or invading species?

The United Humanity Front created after controversy

'The end of our species', the UHF's statement-
"

It was some propaganda flier created years ago when the gods' population was new, and the push back from the "a whole town for gods only" was strong. It does not matter presently, the human worship the ground the gods walk on now.

It bothers me that the head gods are organizing an exchange of idea with human. Using godly power, the Gods would perform public services, healing the sick and stuff like that. They never bother with things like that, and most likely don't care as far as I know. But the push for normalization with human are strong. Most likely it is not for the sake of human, but for the purpose of identifying the gods who reincarnated.

It is as if this is a test or something.

Fortunately for me, erasing illness from the body is like erasing life. It is just more tiring doing what I'm not used to. After all, thing like virus and bacteria are also life right? I can't heal wounds though, it is too different...

However, with just the first part, I can prove that my identity is not something offensively bad. A healer could not possibly be bad right?

"Hey!"

An unfamiliar male voice calls out.

I stop in my track completely

It occurs to me that this person is from my class and is probably my "handler" for the next three years. He is scouting the crowd for the rest of my classmates. Judging by some of the old memory, it is probably just a trick of the Gods. He is there to watch over the class and identify possible problematic element. He is larger than me, wearing the school uniform. I, on the other hand, am wearing a sweater and normal pants since uniform is not strictly necessary.

The thought of someone being "in charge" of me makes me itch for the old time.

"Myron was it?" He asks.

"Myron, Myron Stepherd." In addition to my sweater, I went for a messy hair and glasses combo, to radiate that "pathetic, lowly worm" look. I greet him shyly, keeping my head down, hoping to get it over with.

"Not bad for a lesser god to have a healing power." He laughs, probably after seeing my tired face.

The highest kill count of the war. Lesser god your ass.

I steal a glance at him again. I don't recognize him at all. I immediately laugh pettily inwardly.

Someone I don't recognize is definitely unimportant.

"But still, healing wound is your limit eh?" Again he smirks arrogantly, patting me on the back. "Barry. From today on you will be learning from me. Got it?" He introduces himself.

"But it's good isn't it?" A female voice interrupts us, causing Barry and me to turn around.

"He could remove most of the diseases but not the wounds. It was because of your aspect, wasn't it?" The goddess dresses in a toga, with her hair ties up in traditional style. If my "leader" and me at least bother to appear like a normal human, the woman didn't even try in the first place.

I nod hoping to get it over with. The goddess is healing multiple person at once, healing is probably one of her aspect.

"That is good. You are doing thing I couldn't." She sighs. The human she is healing has a look of bliss before a person in waiting takes him away to another god.

"Why did they even ask us lesser gods to volunteer to heal the human anyway?" I ask the "leader".

He scratches his head.

"I wouldn't know the working of the higher ones. However I only need to know that they have plans waiting for us. Even if it means dealing with these human."

The goddess of healing chastises him for that.

"I think it is a test to weed out the evil gods." I say absently. They look at me.

"I mean the evil trinity must not know anything to do with healing correct?" I add hastily after saying something vaguely conspiracy-like while laughing all the way inwardly.

The woman shakes her head.

"No, if it was a test, then wouldn't all the weaker gods be listed as a suspect for the role of evil?" She asks, glancing at the worthless losers standing on the sideline. There was many of them. They are gods, but I am sure they would be the first victim of my curses in most scenario. Too weak to put out any resistances.

"Even if the evil gods are among us, none of them would even try to show their face here. Who would walk alone among the enemies line just to die?" Barry adds somewhat seriously.

However there is exactly one who would do that.

It's me. I am standing right here, goddamn you.

I am supposed to die and drag most of them with me in every cycle. Especially if I am standing among them like this. In the best case scenario I would die right here right now, and this planet would go with me, just like the many time the other two have sacrificed my life to ensure their victory in the past.

That is just the role I was given to equalize this war.

However, A) I don't fancy dying just yet, and B) I am not sure it would take out the most of them, especially with me being powerless like this.

The Goddess and the "leader" go away. I steal a dark glance at my "leader", hypothesizing the best way to make him miserable. It is petty, but no one would care if someone like that die, and he is a good subject for my experimentation.

From along time ago, no one is allowed to look down on me. No one can trampled on me. Everyone who do so is an acceptable recipient of a curse. And a curse does not need to be blatant to make the rest of such a lowly god's life miserable.

Last edited:
Good job establishing the main chara. Looking forward to reading this more.

Message from higher up
Barr- or was it Lutian the sun aspect god chases after the healing goddess after dealing with Myron.

"Ah, sorry, I didn't get your name." Barry smiles. The lady was very close to his aspect in the past, before the cursed worm god took it away after cursing him again and again through many cycle. Even as a mid tier god, Lutian has lost most if not all of his previous splendor and memories.

However, due to that ancient aspect, he always makes good impression with those who are similar. The goddess pauses for seconds, before an eternity later, she smiles.

"It is Entune."

Lutian grins. It is his lucky day.

After chatting up the goddess, a phone call disrupts the conversation and he excuses himself. He scowls looking at the caller.

"Hi ma. Barry's speaking..."

At that moment he was not Lutian anymore, but Barry. While Lutian hates the disruption, Barry did not. Barry loves his family and his mother. His family is a happy one, his parents have a happy marriage, and build a warm home that lacks nothing. While Lutian shouldn't have attachments to them, Barry loves them for it.

...However, he will never allow them to interfere with the life he is currently living. Lutian wouldn't allow it.

After informing his mother on his current living condition, he hangs up the phone and walks back to the administrator to report on the new students under his care.

The pause was long as the administration god scans the report. Lutian sweats at how long it takes the other guy to do his job. Was something wrong?

"No no, it is good work." The voice was neutral, the figure is bland without any discerning features.

"However..." The figure traces his hand over the paper, glancing down at it for a long while

"...I see that we will be relying on you more in the future." The figure nods and hands him back the report.

Back to the general assembly area, he lets out a yep in celebration. The administrator says they will be relying on him. The higher gods would do something like that. It is a cause for celebration.

In a good mood, he walks into the Myron guy again. The guy was watching everyone from a safe distance, almost as if he is curling around on himself.

He walks toward the guy and slaps him on the back, introducing him to some of his friends. The guy refuses the social call, however

He was smiling while Barry walks away in a joyful mood.

Or was that Lutian?

I scout out the talents among the lesser gods. Only lesser gods go to school, because apparently "High Gods don't need it".

It is such a blatant thing, but no one can say that to their face. However the rumors have that among the High God, some chooses go to school, a mockery of the local culture to have "fun".

I have nothing to say about that when all the gods with clairvoyance grumble about how unfun the school year will be. It is good that they can see the future, now they can experience it all again to maximize the suffering.

Though that is just a few of them. Most can't see past three day into the future. Which speaks a lot about their abilities.

The gods with "prophecy" aspect stand on the side, grumbling together. There is even a booth for fortune telling, which everyone takes as a joke.

Among the most notable students, I saw a tree has sprouted in the middle of the yard, accompanied by a flowerbed, which is surrounded by many gods and goddesses. In a corner of the school, space suddenly stresses and that whole area seems to extend out three or four time its original size.

I have more thing on my mind. Scoping for threats to my secret. Planning for the two evil gods resurrection. Planning for more power.

To quietly gains power with no one noticing, I need to seek an opening. An opportunity for that to happen. I don't see anything like that yet. Seeing nothing of use, or a threat to me, I walk away, since attendance for the opening ceremony only counts the entries.

I glance darkly at everything.

This is not over.

"Thank ma." I talk with my mom about the schoolday and my sister's study. I don't really need to do it though, because the family is at least aware of Godhood. I sit all of them down once before and explain it to them. Then I told her I was taking Laslie, my sister with me, because she has a better future here. Because I was born a God, I got instant acceptance, Laslie has to take remedial for a few months before that happen though.

She is my sweet sister. I don't know what I would do if something happens to her.

Thankfully the city of the God is mostly safe. Security has chased out most of the unrelated normal human.

The street is mostly empty except for some shop, the population of the city is only around 100,000 after all. We have an entire city to ourselves, because the higher Gods will it. The sky however is not empty, with creatures like Griffin and Kirin taking the skies along with at least three chariots for three different sun gods.

For defense, I expect.

After all, everyone of importance is gathered in one spot... We will need some air power in case something happens after all.

"How was school?" At home, Laslie asks after I hung up the phone. Our mother talks all the way from school to home. It is an achievement alright.

"It was fun. We volunteer to heal some patient and someone grows a tree among the school yard."

"Ah, can I go see that tomorrow?"

"Sure, after your registration is over."

Laslie is always excited about Godhood, though I try to let her down as gently as I could many time in the past. It's nothing special I told her. Just a civilization stuck in an eternal cycle.

...I didn't tell her the last part.

At least I try to make the novelty of Godhood as normal as it could so that Laslie doesn't get blinded by it. She may get disappointed in the immediate future after all.

"Also Laslie, don't interrupt me tonight okay?"

"Doing your god stuff again? Fine fine, I don't have any reason to anyway." So saying she flops over to the sofa and turns the TV on. The news reads

"One again the terrorist organization UHF's attack was foil by a single god passing b-"

I tune the news out. It would be concerning if it wasn't so sad.

A messenger God has controlled of humanity's media network by now.

So again with my power at its peak, I-

Meditate on thing to come.

In deep meditation I saw something stirs in a bottomless abyss. It is a little girl.

"What is a little girl doing in my dream?" I ask nobody in particular. But then the little girl looks at me-

"-cowardice is his main trace."

Faceless gods sit around in a circle discussing something important. Their face is tight in concentration. I can tell this is happening in real time. This is a meeting between the High Gods.

"-cowardice is Eraser's main defining trace, while recklessness is the Old Root's. The Original Evil does not have anything resembling a personality for us to analyze or identify. It just is-"

A cold pit settles down in my heart. They are talking about me. The high gods know there is an evil god among them. They just don't know which.

Again the scene fades away back to a more familiar scene. The school where I am going to. I am standing high up in the sky, like in old mythology where the gods look down on the mortal. But in this case, I tower even the gods.

There is only one being in all of existence that tower the Gods though...

And from that vantage point I see a beating heart in the middle of the city, right at the center of school before it spreads out to the whole city. The blue print of a beautifully designed barrier appear in my mind. It drains everything that stand inside it stealthily with noone the wiser. And in my vision my can see it feeding a giant poisonous worm, wrecking havoc on the city below.

That worm is not me for it does not have wings, or anything resembling divinity. It is just a dumb beast, which belonged to me.

I take a note, that such a creature would be useful.

The scene changes again to a massacre. A train station massacre.

There is a foreboding feeling in my heart as I walk down the isle.

Blood ooze out from the seat.

The foreboding feeling intensifies.

There are human corpses as well as Gods.

Now who could be this cruel?...

The little girl again, appears, playing on a swing while the corpses of High God and Goddess litter around her. There is only one being capable of this.

I test the word on my tongue easily

"Boss."

She puts out a tentacle while slowly turning toward me, exposing the horror beneath the facade. Unconsciously taking a step back, I realize what I am doing and snarl back. She knows I wouldn't back down or let anyone threaten me! I am Eraser. One of the Trinity. The hierarchy of power is not the same, but she knows that even if I die, I am taking her me . She has no answer to my curses.

The tentacle slowly morphs as something is carved onto its surface. The picture of a crystal ball appears in blood, the symbol of prophecy and wizardry from a long time ago.

I back off from the stand off as the boss is still looking at me. Still in the form of a little girl.

That was convenient.

The message is clear.

"Find a god of prophecy."

I awaken from the meditation, sweating.

The boss stirs restless.

That was a message. I am going to need to reincarnate him soon.

The highest of the high, the being in control of the trinity of Evil, the nameless horror, the eldest, the father.

Known to me as the boss.

After that I bang the door on my sister room three times just as a chariot race across the sky.

"Oh my god it's 5 in the morning!" I hear a shout and something hitting the door.

It's good to wake up early and exercise.

There is also a reason I wake Laslie up early. The sign is clear on the face of everyone else.

There are dark circles under everyone else's eyes, everyone is stuck in a perpetual irritated state, scowls form on their face even as they start to feel an emotion they haven't felt for a long long time.

Fear.

Nightmare. Reminiscent of the bad old day that they have seemingly forgot. There was no victory in sight for anyone, and their enemies, the Trinity, that is us, was seemingly omnipotent.

It may seem like I'm bragging, but that is the closest thing to the truth. The good Gods victory was nothing short of a miracle, and the fact that they manage to repeat it again and again was amazing. However the result remain the same, despite all of their overwhelming number they have never won one.

After rudely waking her up, I ditch my sister in the convention hall. It's not a bad deal since she is always excited about the Gods, so having her interacting with them is probably her dream. It's not like interacting with her "ungodly" brother who always try to give her a reality check.

Walking toward the tree in the middle of the yard, I nod. Laslie should meet up with me here anyway.

At that moment something in the leaves rustles and falls down on to my shoulder.

I look down for a moment.

As expected from my vision. I'm probably better at prophecy than every other gods of prophecy in the school with the boss's assistance right now. I already expect this turn of event.

Its scientific name is Bombyx Mori, given to it by Carle von Linné, who formalised the modern system of naming organisms. Or in layman term a silkworm which is descended from the wild silkmoth.

Both it and its ancestor have mostly been domesticated and is incapable of emitting poison. The closest thing to this but is also poisonous is caterpillar. However in the old day, the great poisonous ancestor of the worm is closest in appearance to the silkworm.

I stare at it unblinkingly for almost a minute, wondering if it would bite me and inject its poison even though I know it cannot.

This is fate.

Keeping my eyes on it, I pick it up slowly, just like handling any other poisonous creatures, one hand on the side readied for any alteration, and one hand picking it up with a handkerchief.

"Ah I'm sorry."

A voice breaks me out of your concentration, and I almost drop the creature, who was wriggling in my hand. A maiden walks out from the tree unexpectedly.

"The caterpillars have been scaring students lately when they falls from the tree. It's my fault, but I can't control the caterpillars that would appear on the trees I grow."

I look to her slowly while still handling the creature in one hand.

"It's a silkworm, it can't hurt anybody."

"Ah you know about it. Most would just scream and run away." She smiles.

Now that my attention is fully on her, I can already tell what aspect she is.

A maiden with long black hair, wearing a green traditional oriental shrine maiden outfit.

"It's my aspect." I nod slowly while still keeping one eyes on the creature. It is calm. Yes. This is fate.

"Anyway, why was you in the tree?" I ask distractedly while analyzing the creatures. She takes that as a cue and start talking.

"Ah, I love seeing people resting under the canopy and admiring the flowerbed, all the while talking with their lovers."

She blushes. I look at her wondering if that is a fetish before shaking my head to get back to the main topic.

Most gods of nature are strong, especially mother goddesses, and while they are not combat strong, they are strong with just how much life force they have. Like the girl right here. She is just bursting with energy. I wonder if the rumor about high gods walking among the students is true.

Finally I look at her.

"Can I keep this." I gesture at the silkworm. She looks at me weirdly.

"...it's an aspect thing." I finish.

"Ah, sure sure. Come back anytime." She smiles awkwardly, wondering if I am the kind of gods that is her natural enemies, caterpillar that eat the leaves.

"Myron" I finally say.

"Sophia."

... Oy. That is a high goddess name. The highest of all in some circles.

The Goddess of Genesis.

I walk away quickly in the other direction.

But Sophia is not an Oriental goddess. I think to myself, and I wonder if I have seen that shrine maiden outfit at least one on TV. Something about children cartoon...

Back to work.

Last edited:
You Still Continuing this? I love this story, would hate it to see it die.

You Still Continuing this? I love this story, would hate it to see it die.

All of it is already written. I'm just too lazy to fix the various mistakes in the story. It is a short story, only around 67k

All of it is already written. I'm just too lazy to fix the various mistakes in the story. It is a short story, only around 67k

YUSS!!!

Myron's sister and a good-natured god
I start construction on the barrier the vision boss showed me. The barrier that drain others' power to feed me but can't be detected.

"Yes... Yes. Grow. Grow so that none can hurt you anymore."

While I was making the barrier, I started another side project. I coo slightly as the silkworm in my hand bulges dangerously, still keeping its original size, but now there are veins like patterns on its skin and muscles-like swelling in different place.

It is also poisonous now, my kind of poison, injected right into its anthropod body. The poison is not meant to kill it. It is meant to make it suffer. The silkworm is in excruciating pain it has never felt before, and it is trying to lash out at the world.

I keep a steady stream of power to keep it alive. Eventually the pain will turn into hatred, and hatred will give it a rudimental sentience that would lash out at everything.

I pocket it, concentrating on the job at hand.

The barrier is designed to be a star-shaped pattern, with five crucial point that need to be made. The northwest, north and northeast point is at just the edge of the school, surrounded by a forest, it is the perfect place for stealth insertion of magical material.

However, compared to that, the southeast and southwest point of the barrier will be right at the center of city where many pedestrians come by. I have to wait till midnight to even think about doing anything there.

I apparate quickly to the northern forest, making sure I'm not followed. Even though I lost most of my power, I still remember certain esoteric arts, something like short distances teleporting is nothing to me

There are many nature gods who could sense disturbance to nature, so I did nothing to disturb the trees. In a clearing where there is a bit of sunlight, I take out a shovel and dig a hole. It is not a deep hole, but it has to be big, in a perfect circle.

It takes a while for the hole to be completed. Then, I diligently carve out curse words into the circle with a tree branch, filling it up.

A curse to the environment, a curse to the people, a curse of lethargy, a death curse.

The whole thing is a death trap. And when I finish all the other points of the star, it will turn all the area inside the barrier into a giant trap.

However, that is not what I wanted,what I wanted was something undetectable.

If I blow the whole thing up right now, a lot of people are going to die, but the stronger gods will survive, and they will hunt me down, killing me before the boss is summoned. That is not the point of this operation.

I wanted to drain the lifeforce of everybody unnoticeable. A literal mosquito bite to the soul so to speak. With that, I need to be subtle, not even using my power to dig the hole.

After finishing with the first circle, I use the shovel to fill it up with dirt. It is magical curse words drawn into the sand, it will not disappear easily due to just a bit of dirt covering it. Even as I speak, the circle blazes into life, but most of the magical light is hidden under a layer of woodland...

It takes until afternoon when I finally finished with the fundamental framework of the tra- barrier. The southwest and southeast point have to wait.

To be honest, digging with a shovel was more taxing than any other works. I hope after this, the boss will reward me handsomely. I am a god, I don't just do any dirty work like a common minion.

I establish a connection with the barrier to finally finish up.

Then it hit me.

Pain.

Excruciating pain
in every inches of my body.

I feel like something foreign has entered my innards and then burns it up, shaking everything sideway and then try to burst out. The barrier was made to drain gods. However, that does not mean the gods' energy agree with me.

Gaining my true power is a risky move. Due to the gods' monitoring, any fluctuation of power is dangerous.

However, with this barrier I am not pulling out any more power from my own self, but from other gods. At most it looks like two or three lesser gods staying near each other. Which is indistinguishable when I am at a school where all such lesser gods gather.

However, there was complications, the unnatural energy pains me. It just does not fit.

I could consume it eventually, but it will hurt.

However, pain is something I am used to.

I sway back and forth before leaning heavily on a nearby tree, rubbing my body on its rough bark, trying to feel "real sensation" on my skin instead of the phantom pain inside my body. I squeeze my eyes shut.

Pain may not effect me as much, but it is a real hindrance.

I have experienced worse in my past. Being tortured is normal to my past self, but this is not my past self's body anymore. I know it is nothing but...

It will be a while before my body accumulate resistance to this.

Closing my eyes for a moment, I feel the sunlight hitting my skin.

No good. I need to get back before lunch or Laslie would notice I'm gone.

I ignore the pain for a moment before standing up. Trying to make it back to the school.

At that moment in my vulnerable state, something walks up to me

Ah. Coincidence is really something huh...

It was a boy barely younger than me, in a top hat with a bowl cut, while carrying a camera and a bag on the side like some kind of photographer. His hair covers his eyes, but I know he can see me. He backs away from where I am standing due to his surprise.

...It really was a coincidence. If it is like that then...

"Ah hello, I have something of a situation and wonder if yo-"

"A-abomination!" He stammers back, before pointing a gun at me.

I flinch for a moment hearing the word "abomination" and suddenly remember days old past. I freeze, calculating if my cover has been blown.

The boy holds out an amulet angrily as if it is a protection and suddenly shoots at me. I realize that he did not call me abomination because of my true secret, but because I am a god, it is that simple.

These are the people who call gods enemies.

A human who is deep inside Gods' territory, who carries weapons and reacts angrily to a god.

It is the UHF.

Coincidence is really something.

No, this is good. I need something to vent my frustration and anger. It is just the UHF.

Right as he holds the amulet up in the air chanting something and shoots even more bullets at me, I didn't even care that the amulet may have hold another god's power, or that these bullets may be different somehow, meant to deal with gods, I just attack him.

I assault his head rapidly and laugh in glee as something snaps. The bullet should have done something, but it didn't. So right now, he should have known better then to bring a gun to fight a god.

Before long something is laying on the ground unmoving.

It was really refreshing taking out my frustration on a human. I hope I get back to school soon, my sister is waiting for me.

...And that UHF bastard didn't bring any vehicle with him either. He went on foot silently in the forest, it is probably a stealth operation just like what I was doing, but he is dead now.

I dispose of the body in a nearby creek, kicking it one last time for good measure. There is also the business with the amulet he was carrying, I feel a faint magic running through it. It is suppose to be magic, but it has no reaction to me, even though he specifically used it to get to me. And his gun too.

I pocket both of them as objects for research for another time. However right now I need to get home.

Cleaning my face with the creek water, I look up at the blue sky.

A wing beats. One, twice.

I glance at it from my position. A lone rider and a griffin. I should have noticed it earlier but it has always been patrolling here, like it is waiting for something, or someone.

I am not prepared to lose my cover just yet. I walk away, noting the miraculous coincidences that seem to plague my day.

It is a miracle that I manage to get back before 1 o'clock. It would be difficult to explain it to Laslie, however she is still my sister at the end of the day, I will be fine with a few suspicious action.

"What were you doing anyway?" She asks.

"I was busy."

"And the 20 missed calls?"

"I forgot my phone at home." I lie. I don't bring easily traceable thing like that with me while doing shady work.

While the gods have supernatural power to track people, technology is also part of their arsenal that could be brought to bear. The cell phone and the internet for example are really insidious, last I heard, Hermes himself was monitoring it. At least that is the name this world known him as anyway.

My sister continues to argue, petulant about the whole waiting thing. However I deflect it with the lamest excuses possible to annoy her. She knows she is not getting anything from me if I don't want her to know.

It is a brother and sister thing. I was right, it was really easy to explain it to Laslie, what with being the older brother and all, I am used to dealing with her on the daily basic. Also my higher position in the social hierarchy help.

It is bullying, but in most situation I am always at a higher position on the totem pole, drilled into the mind of the populace for the last 20 years, and in someway Laslie is unconsciously aware of that. She pouts angrily, finally giving up.

I look at the boy standing next to her. Apparently a god decided to be a good samaritan and helped her look for me. His tanned skin glister in the sun. The way his shirt hug his body leaves hint of powerful muscles underneath. The confident way he handles himself rankles me somewhat. However I introduce myself with a smile, hiding my true self.

"Myron Stephord." I wonder if he will use his human's name or his original name.

A beat later.

"Dominator." He introduces himself.

For a moment both me and my sister froze. Then I grip her shoulder and slowly inch her behind me. For her part she moves obediently, still frozen in her smile.

So the random student that she was running around with was named Dominator. I was leaving my sister with someone named Dominator...

A ha ha... My mother is going to kill me.

For his part, Dominator sighs for a bit.

"They always have that same reaction when they hear that name." Again he sighs "You can call me Ahmed instead." He provides.

"Well then, thank you Ahmed, for taking care of my sister." I regain my composure and shake his hand. He smiles back.

Apparently while I was running late, Laslie was running around like a worried mother hen looking for me. Ahmed saw a little human girl running around without anyone to help and was afraid that some gods may take advantages of her. While most of the one studying here should have had a human family once upon a time, the mentality of some Gods are still the same as they were in their previous life and Ahmed knows that.

Say, some may make a liking to Laslie and took her away on a seven color cloud or something like that anyway. And what happened after the god take her away?...

In case of human, the gods regarded them as another "mortal race" just like every other "mortal races" that were created and then perished in many war cycles past. They really don't care if the human suffer. It was like taking care of pets mostly, we, the gods may hold sentiment now, but after we gain back our million years of memories, the sentiment will disappear. It is just a fact of life.

That is why I try to have a happy family life now, because in the future, I won't care about any of that any more. I won't be the current me, I will be the true me.

Though on that thought, I was really careless. I totally forgot about Laslie's circumstances, god on human violence is totally legal, so something really could have happened, and this Dominator helped to stop this. He has a bit of morality in him I guess, but just who is this guy?

Memory of Dominator from age past resurfaces in my mind.

Ah.

What should I even say?

I suddenly remember exactly just where I heard that name. I remember exactly just what kind of mythological figure that person was in this world. I even remember fighting that guy, he was a noteworthy figure.

While Hermes is managing the complete surveillance of the world wide web, in front of me is fucking Zeus. God damn it, did I really leave my sister in the vicinity of this fucking guy?

Last edited:
The music of you
After that I take care not to arouse any more suspicion from Laslie and try to do most of my work at night whenever possible.

I also try to steer her away from that dangerous, dangerous man.

At dinner the mood has lightened somewhat. I decide to tentatively pick up a conversation.

"So how was the day with Ahmed." I carefully try to avoid that other name, imagining him in an S&M outfit. While most of the gods' names are just names, some of them are literally the description of their aspect or their achievement in the past.

"Well he was nice." She sniffs.

"At least better than some people." she decided. "Though he was also searching for his sister, who I guess is just like somebody."

"His sister huh...."

I decide that the past should really stay in the past. Or at least I should not get involved with him in the future. I know him, or at least I know his name.

The closest mythological connection to Dominator in this world's native myth would be Zeus.

Or at east I think so.

I wonder what the Hera-like figure is like...

After dinner I quietly clean up and close the door.

Then I climb out of the window to go about my business.

I were just so innocently walking by an empty park at night when I encounter another innocent human minding their business. I exchange a greeting before going on my way.

In another dark alley I were just innocently walking by, I also meet another innocent human minding their own business. I exchange greeting again and go on my way.

The third time that happen, I grit my teeth and wish for death to all of humanity.

All of them are wearing a familiar amulet on their neck. Some of them hid it under their clothes. Some of them wear it blatantly. It is the same amulet that UHF boy I killed was wearing. And they are all idling around the same location where I would put down the cornerstone for my barrier.

I decide to wait for an opportunity to arrive.

The opportunity did not come.

After two night, even with the UHF patrolling around the premise, I am already done with the preparation while seating in a dam dark ditch for two nights in a row. And somehow when I check back to the three previous locations, the UHF would also be right there.

Big coincidences really.

So much for disposing of that body, right now the UHF much have found the corpse of their compatriot. The barrier is not disrupted yet. None of the cornerstones have been found.

But... I am worried.

There is definitely a god backing the human organization.

I look down at the amulet. It is specifically a curse against "God" in general.

However I am not a "god" but an "evil god". And I am not sure if there are curses usable by human that can effect you. They are just not that good of a conduit and would die before the curse is realized.

After three sleepless night, I stagger back to my bed exhausted. A goodnight sleep is enough.

Tomorrow. Tomorrow... Yep, definitely tomorrow. Tomorrow I would finish with finding out just what the UHF is up to, please the Boss, watch the misery of Barry who is letting Lutian take over his life, find the orb....

Yes, tomorrow...

*Bang

My sweet rest is immediately interrupted by a loud banging on the door. I look at the clock.

"Bro. Today is your first day at school. Wake up and prepare."

It is 5 in the morning.

The next day at school was as boring as I expected

"Recall that a quadratic equation is in standard form if it is equal to 0:

ax2+bx+c=0 ..."

I tune that out in favor of scanning the surrounding. My fellow "students" all keep to themselves in an effort to maintain their dignities.

It's not working.

After an exciting first day where everyone was free to show off their power, the second day is positively mundane.

Half way through the lesson I realize exactly why the older gods create this school. To make the later generations suffer just as they have. Or at least I think so. And the worst part is that this will extend for three more years.

I, however approve of this. From what I gather the one who is forced to do this is mostly lesser gods, and the resentment is on their face. No one would tell that to a higher class god however.

The last time, due to the threat of me, the Old Root and the Boss, everyone was forced to unite, and only in their unity did they find a way to fight both the boss and the old Root.

However, in such a time where there are no existential crisis and no suspicion of enemies among their rank, it is good to dissolve that unity. Or at least take out as many gods as possible. It is unprecedented that it was not the boss who reincarnate first. I mostly only show up at the end of the war.

The break period is also relatively mundane. Everyone is keeping to themselves just like in class. Not dignifying this whole farce like a normal human being would.

Sophia somehow went to the same class at me. She smiles when I greet her, but Barry seem to not know that she is a High Goddess yet.

I am extremely uncomfortable.

----------------------

I ignore the other classmates and went to the roof. Mostly there are probably going to be someone there, it is expected of special snowflake existences such as gods, they like high places.

However, at least it is going to be more quiet than the rest of the place.

When I went to the roof however, suddenly there was a sound.

It was quiet noisy and chaotic.

Ah, what the human consider music. I hate it so. It is not because I am playing to stereotype being an evil god and hating good thing like music, I actually just hate music.

And more importantly, it is like a band up here. It is so annoying. So, so annoying.

I cover my ears and look up at the guy cover in sunlight.

He was blond with messy hair, he was tall yet thin. Slowly, he turns toward me, with the biggest smile ever.

It is so annoying,...

Because the smile was genuine. This is the kind of person I hate dealing with the most. The kind of person who is genuine in what they are doing.

"Oh I was disturbing you bro, sorry I was playing music."

I blink at him with two eyes before uttering without another thought

"Don't call me bro. At least keep your damn dignity in a human form please. What is this trashy way of talking."

I say before I realize what was happening. It must have been the music.

When I realize what I just said, I cover my mouth, however that guy does not seem angry. Well even if I did not mean it, that comment serves him right. What is with this stereotypical character type?

However, some people do say Gods are character type, the original type in fact, from which everyone copy, but at least keep a bit dignity when you do it. And the kind of music he played was some kind of trashy modern sounds human call music.

If anything, I would like sometime alone with a string instrument. Now that is music. In this world, the closest thing is the violin, but it seems in this life I lost all my previous life skills and could not play anymore.

They say you can only criticize what you know, and since I could not play the string anymore, I won't directly comment on somebody taste in music.

"Sometime it is good right?" That annoying guy says. "We have a new life. Perhaps it is time we change to fit it."

The guy says with a more serious voice.

The music keeps changing as if fitting his mood.

Wait, is this one of those background music . The music fits his mood and personality.

Perhaps this guy is a god of music, and he could do this.

I don't actually mind him, I just need some alone time away from that Sophia woman. That girl is incredibly dangerous for me right, a high goddess versus the lowly me who don't even have memory of that life.

So I went to a corner and close my eyes.

The music is in the background, it just keeps beating. After a while, it starts to become easier on the ear. Some romance stretch and some high note. When you go high, it is extremely high, when it is low, it is very low. It could be intense when needed to be and heartbreakingly haunting at other time.

Well this is nice, if it was any other person but me, this would have really been perfect. A resting place with accompanying music, is there anything better.

However, I open my eyes. The music seems to fit my taste too well. I look at the guy

"Damn bro, I did not know you could make that kind of sound, was you a god of music in the previous life or something. But you could not make that kind of sound in this life anymore could you? I hear you. Just let me play those sounds out."

How did he-

"The music fits each person, let me just show you what your background music are like."

Suddenly the guy says

When the first note come out, I immediately attacked him before he could react.

It was an extremely low notes. So low that it didn't even exist.

On a spiritual level it does but it is not a sound that exist in reality. When a human heard that song, they would die. It is what call a negative note

That was the first note of the song of my life.

At first I din't pay much attention to him, but this guy is dangerous. He has randomly stumbled upon my secret.

My background music was extremely deadly even on the first note, but it shows clearly who I was.

So I attack him instantly

Grand theft planning
I absolutely maul him before I realize what happened. My heart was beating in my chest because I was afraid. He just discovered me-

Oh shit I almost killed him.

The God of music was laying on the floor, unmoving, blood is leaking out of his mouth. While I am not in my top form, my physical prowess is not a slough, at least compare to some musical pansy. At the same time, oh shit, I almost killed him.

What do I do? What do I do? What do I do?

My first instinct is to kill him. Kill him than dissolve him with my liquid curse.

Then I slap myself for my stupidity. Don't stupid. Killing a god is one thing, using curse mud will instantly lead it back to me. I have to do it in other way that is not related to my nature, my curse and my poison.

I continue to think of way to dispose of the corpse.

Then it struck me.

Laughing like a maniac, I grab the bloody mauled body that is still barely alive. My hand grew exoskeleton that causes that injuries.

Then, from those exoskeleton, I spit out a white liquid. It has the same properties as my exoskeleton, that acts like a god's bone. The liquid cover the musical god. Where it touches, the wound close.

But it not actually healing the wound though. It is grafting my power onto the musical god.

And finally, I have to split a part of my power. With the god unresponsive, I can do it. I have done this before, corruption.

In the past, I could bleed onto other god and corrupt them slowly, they will get better next cycle though. But if I tries hard enough, I could make them absolute monster. Like a caterpillar entering a cocoon and exiting a different person, I could do that to God.

But the current me cannot do that.

I can try in this situation though.

I push the orb of pure darkness into the scrub's head. For a while he will be undergoing a personality meltdown soon. Who know what he might do to his surrounding?

Laughing, I escape from the scene smoothly. Nobody is on the roof I hope.

To create an alibi, I try to socialize

"Ah. You are Sophia." Someone exclaims.

It it not a good idea.

Everywhere around me, there are girls gushing at Sophia. I was just trying to create an alibi, but seeing how uncomfortable Sophia is, I think it is a good time to mess with a high God.

The High Goddess smiles one time.

The girls flock around the High Goddess while speaking and smiling like they have been friends for a long time. It makes sense from a point of view, in some traditions Sophia is all of their mother.

The "mother" on the other hand looks uncomfortable.

I smile. Barry is gone, looking distracted with his phone. This is a good time.

I walk over, taking out the worm from my pocket and cut the feed of poison to its body. The creature immediately relaxes.

"Oh hey Sophia, thank you for the worm the other day. It's still going strong." I demonstrate while pointing at the silkworm. Sophia looks at me uncomprehending.

Most of the girls part way immediately upon hearing the word "worm".

It is not just "girls being girls", caterpillar and silkworm would immediately bring a feeling of primal disgust to them. They are nature gods, like those trees in the yard.

Sophia smiles.

"Ah Myron, I'm glad it worked out." She greets.

"Yeah I'm really glad. This is a really good silkworm. I feed it everyday." With poison. "And it has grown magnificently" by pain of torture.

I gesture at it, talking enthusiastically.

"In some asian countries, this is a delicacy you know, with roasted caterpillar..."

I take over the conversation and talk naturally, leaning on the seat.

Hearing such a strange conversation weird most the bystander out and cause them to leave.

Later.

"Thank you." She finally says.

"Though I don't try to distant myself from my old self, it is really overwhelming."

Her.... old self? Oh this is good. A high goddess buying the whole "humanity" overriding divinity.

"I don't understand but what did they want you to do?"

"Well some of them wanted to see their favorite flowers from their past life again." The flowers that have long since extinct, let alone existing on an entire different planet.

"So I make the flower bloom." She says.

"Some of them ask me to go visit the school garden with them after school to take care of the plants there. I haven't decided yet."

"But you should go right." I interrupt "Well I mean, you can go home if you want to, but they are your friends right?"

Superficial friends that she just made, just like me.

She hesitates for a moment.

I smile.

"It is natural for them to be awed at the power of a High Goddess at first sight, but I'm sure if they know you better they will understand."

I address her concern.

"After all you are friends." I end it at that.

Friends who are only interested in her due to her high power.

She shakes her head cutely for a moment, the long locks of hair shake in the air. She ties them with a yellow bow today, making it the very image of an oriental beauty.

However again I am sure that Sophia is not an oriental goddess.

"You are right." She shakes her fist in the air. "I'm going to get to know them!"

Sophia says with determination.

It is going to be a start of a tragedy.

Since school started, and I have already finished with the barrier, I leave the UHF alone for now.

The barrier is finished.

It is painful, but this is good. I am going to do so many thing with this. The first thing I did just like my mediation is to hook my silkworm to the barrier.

Tentative name: Silky.

The barrier now feed both me and the worm. However in Silky's case, it amplifies the pain thousands of time worse, making it twitches catatonic. I have to be careful now, it is an extremely dangerous creature.

With the power the barrier provided, I start drawing curse right in my own house, granting a rudimentary protection on the house. Many of the curse are small, mean to trip up invader or set misfortune upon them, however I am glad to have an evil lair back.

In the future, if I want, I can unleash Silky to wreck havoc on someone. It is small now, but with the energy it can grow large and nightmarish in no time. A good giant distraction on my beck and call.

It will probably die lashing out blindly like that while poisoned, but oh well, I can just feed another worm.

"Bro, are you feeding your silkworm again?" Laslie looks over the glass box I built, curious.

Thing have gone well in the last few day that those first unhappy coincidences does not bother me as much anymore.

On the news, the TV announcer says

"The 5th anniversary Peace Day begins on the 18th to celebrate 10 year since all war ended..."

Nothing new. Nothing about the United Human Front or whatever, everyone seems happy to celebrate the holiday.

This is the best time to do "things".

"Hey Laslie have you seen the Orb of Truth at school yet?"

"Oh isn't it that Orb that let you see your future husband the girls were talking about?" She laughs.

Future husband!?

"They say that the orb can see future and past romance that some god of Prophecy left there so people can stop bothering him for prophecies, they can now wait in line instead."

Future and past romance!?

"A-ah. Okay."

While it isn't completely accurate, the weird thing is that it isn't completely far from the truth.

In school there is a low God of Truth, though he is a Low God, his power is one that I would list as "dangerous".

It isn't even about seeing the future or past and possibly seeing me or the boss manifesting, it is impossible for a god of Prophecy to do so. When a member of the Trinity comes into play, all visions become null and void.

A vision of a happy ending?

Gone.

A future where there isn't any gods of Evil?

Gone.

It isn't even possible to predict me as I am right now. I mean it is possible, however what they will see is a vision about "Myron" the low god. They can predict everything I do, but when I turn into an Evil God, then they cannot.

However they can still predict what "Myron" does, at the same time they cannot predict what "Eraser" will do.

The logical conclusion is that they can never see the future where I turn into an Evil God.

It is not that they cannot see my future, it is just that if I fully incarnated, the future immediately change into something they cannot see.

However this god is some one I would call "dangerous".

The God of Truth's most precious treasure is a ball, the crystallization of his power. Most lower Gods have lost their memories after reincarnating due to their weakness, he is trying to help them regain their past, and maybe their power...

Gods of prophecy cannot see my past, the Orb of Truth however directly looks into my memories.

...just what I needed.

The God name is Myrrin, and for as long as he lives he has made it his business to help other Gods regain their memories.

He says that their state of loss of memories are the greatest tragedy and would always struggle to make every gods take a look at that Crystal Ball.

I of course delay it for obvious reasons. MY memories of past life is not so innocent. The only way I would agree to it is if I were alone with the treasure.

It is a good mean for safely regaining my memories without tapping into dark power, my memories would hold greater curses and even more knowledges on how to resurrect the other two. It is too bad that I have to pass on it.

Except not.

"Also, I heard it was mandatory or something for my friends' brothers and sisters. Did you go yet, is it a god thing again?" My sister asks.

In the last few day, security triples for the simple God of Truth's simple auditorium. Spells that I don't even know existed are woven around that whole damn thing. I was there once, trying my luck at stealing the Ball, I took one look at the thing with hands outstretch and immediately withdrawn my hand and retreated.

And to add salt to the whole dish, the security was specifically made to ward out gods.

Coincidence, that.

Well not that much since this whole city is populated by Gods, and most of the probable beings capable of taking that Ball in the first place would be a god, but this is still too much of a coincidence.

Right when I consolidate enough power to do something, my next objective's difficulties are enhanced.

However the enchantments are specifically use to ward out gods.

And my sister is not a god...

In fact it seems the human girl is treating it as a girl's game...

...I can figure something out on your own.

Why? Because my sister is easily traceable to me. (Also I would be a pretty pathetic god if I had to have my human little sister carry out my evil plans. Could my reputation ever be the same if anyone found out?)

Yeah. It is only because of those reason that I don't make her. Only because of those reason.

Lotus Eater Machine
I focus intently on the matter at hand, fixing my glasses to get a better look of the amulet.

"What are you doing?" She asks.

"You won't understand." I dismiss her easily. This is my burden to take. I close my eyes and calmly finish my dinner. Fifth day at school, nothing much have changed. The curriculum seems mind numbingly normal. The guy whose name I forgot is still doing well...

I think his name was Barry. Anyway, my curse feedback has told me that everything is on track. I am slowly nudging the bad aspect of his personality. His competitiveness. His classiness. His arrogant. His ambition from when he was a god.

My little Silky is ready to turn into an Kaiju every passing day.

If I am not going to involve my sister with this, I have to plan carefully.

First I am going to manage my power. From the barrier to another source. I need to get jacked up for this.

I am going to need to go for a hunt tonight.

Then, I need a plan.

However I don't see anyway around this.

Tomorrow is going to be the last day. Ever since security has been enhanced, for some reason the school authority has made the session with the Orb of Truth mandatory.

It may have been that "God of Truth" loon finally getting an in with the higher up and push for universal memories restoration plan, however this seems more sinister.

Also there is the business of the UHF. For some reasons the UHF seems to have a God's backing. And not just any god, someone who can get them inside the city safely.

And for those reasons, and the fact that coincidences in my life seem to rack up aplenty lately, I am going to need to make a move soon.

I have a plan.

However...

In the morning a low goddess disappeared forever into the void, waiting for the next incarnation. She was not the first casualty, however it is notable in that she is the first victim of an Evil God in modern time.

She was weak and unnoticeable, her power was lost through who know how many cycle. However, lost does not mean she isn't a goddess anymore. With the lost of her control over her power, she has been increasingly bothered by her aspect of "Mirror".

A minor goddess of mirror, who has no control whatsoever, sometime she would get stuck day on end inside a mirror with no one coming to save her. After a while, she has finally resigned herself to beg for the mercy of the other Gods when her power act up again and trap her inside a mirror.

One day she would end up in an accident with her power again, but luckily there was a God nearby who was washing up for the morning.

She appears in front of him, inside the mirror to ask for help.

That morning the one who was once known as "Eraser" has something else other than sandwich for breakfast.

Similar instances of disappearances occur all around the world, however those are random human that no one would care for. A child looking on as his mother abandon him, a beggar with his guts spilled on the sideline. Those are the targets, those are food. This is the first instance of a Goddess being "food" for the one known as "Eraser".

I have a plan.

I were tracking down an UHF member when everything suddenly stopped.

However...

When I were tracking down an UHF for the first part of my plan, I were stopped.

A black sword is pierced straight through my heart.

When I were tracking down an UHF member, I were stopped. I were stopped when I tracked down an UHF member and all that is left of me is a beautiful corpse.

I have a plan.

"I sense an evil presence."

The High Goddess who was watching says with a dark glance as she stares me down.

I have a plan.

Laslie Stephord has been basically lazing around these last few days. It's not that she is lazy, (far from it!), but the truth is that she doesn't have anything to do.

Her class start a week later than her brother, and she also doesn't have any friends in this new city.

It would be distressing, if she let it get to her. At thing stand though she has mostly coped with it by going to online social meeting lately. She has an idea about "dangerous offline meeting" but the city's security is pretty safe.

It is hard to socialize when the person on the other side is a literal God though.

So she stays home today watching TV again.

Before he leaves, Myron also left her a cryptic note about feeding Silky at specific time or something like that. But it is not time yet, and Silky can endure for an hour or two.

She decides to go to town for the social meeting. She takes Silky with her so she can feed it.

She grabs the box specifically made to carry Silky with her. The silkworm is still sluggish, which she found strange, but otherwise it is obedient. It only eats leaves right? If so she could make do with random trees on the way, the city plants many trees for the shade.

Apparently it is an accommodation thing, many Gods prefer being surrounded by trees, so there were trees, simple as that.

She places Silky inside her backpack, which her brother assured her as fine and takes it with her. Usually he put it inside his pocket anyway.

It's a social meeting, first impression count so she can't be tardy, she changes into a dress and straighten her hair before heading to town. On the way she wonders who she will meet, who XXwindblade will be and who the God that they bring with them are.

In her thought she didn't even notice as someone steps in front of her.

She bumps into him.

"Alright. It's alright. This won't hurt one bit.... not one bit... Die so that the world can change."

Her vision is blurry, a distinctly copper smell filled the air. The stranger looks at her with the cruelest eyes, with the most malicious expression that she knows and...

He stabs her.

No. More correctly, he carves out her heart.

She wants to scream about why no one standing on the sideline would do something, but her lungs are filled with blood.

"Are you okay Laslie?"

At that moment a girl waves her hand in front of her. She was feeling surreal about someone doing something meaningless like that at this moment, but then she realizes she knows the girl.

"Maddison?" She asks, stuttering a bit.

"Yeah it's me. Now are you going to go to the meeting or not. You have been standing there daydreaming for a while, people are waiting you know?"

The boyish girl with short hair taps her feet in impatient.

Laslie is still feeling surreal. What is the other girl talking about in a situation like this. Where is the man?

She looks down. In place of torn dress and bloodied wounds, it is the normal pink cloth that made up her dress. She is shock to silent.

Just what is happening.

"Laslie?"

Another voice breaks her out of her concentration. It was a male voice, though it seems familiar. Ah, it is that guy again, Dominator is his name. Right away Maddison stands in front of her, folding her arms like she is confronting him. It is as if she realizes something is wrong with her friend and is blaming the next person who could be responsible.

"You two know each other before, right Laslie?" Maddison asks with a testy voice. God or not, she is the organizer of the meeting. It's her responsibility to keep people in line, especially if those people use magic or something to prank each other.

According to some rumors, Maddison is a relative to one of the High God who is in charge of the city.

"N-no. That is not it. Someone was..."

Again she feels everything becoming blurry. The leaves start falling one by one, like it is decaying. The wind stops. Space seems to shrink until it seems she is the only one left.

And on the other side of the street, someone emerge. It is also a boy, a bit older than her. He also carry that "divine" regalness like all Gods have. But most importantly she realizes this person.

"Bro?... What are you doing here?"

"Laslie?" She hears Maddison calling on the sideline but she doesn't see her. And then she also feels something that distinctly feels like Dominator's presence looking at her in concern, but she doesn't focus on any of them.

What held her focus was...

Her brother standing with a bloody shirt, and jagged spike coming all over his body. His eyes were just as cruel and malicious as the previous figure who killed her. He looks like he is laughing but he is also crying a bit.

"It's no good. The world is too cruel for my sister to see." He says, and immediatel-

Pain.

Pain erupts from her eyes. Her emptied, emptied eye sockets.

"Let me spare you the sight sister dearest, so that you can come to the other side not knowing of the horrors that would soon befell the world."

And again she feels her heart being carved out.

"Laslie!" Maddison yells again.

"I can't... see. My eyes. My eyes." Light hits her eyes even though it is impossible. A warm power caresses her but she ignores it. Wounds of the mind cannot be healed like the wounds of the body.

"Do something!" Again it is Maddison.

"I'm trying." Dominator says, desperate.

"It's my brother." Laslie mutters. "He... he... he..."

"He what Laslie? Stay with me here. Laslie! LASLIE!"

In a panic, the group takes her to

I found my action disagreeable with my very being as I sacrifice my sister for the resurrection of the Boss. Or the old god as they call him.

No.

No.

In fact, it actually hurts. I am in pain emotionally. As the body hit the floor, I tried to shield her eyes from what I am becoming.

But that have hurt. Emotionally.

I sigh as the illusion of the world come to an end abruptly at the birth of an evil god.

During the last few days I have been noticing strange phenomena. At first I thought it was a trick of a mind but it was something more. And it all started when I finished the plot to steal the orb of truth.

I have been mixing my power for the last few day awaiting for the theft. Not only the power of Gods, I have mixed the soul of random innocent from the human world into myself in order to fool the enchantment. The Goddess of Mirror was a good snack. The power of lies is a good counter to whatever the God of Truth is.

However, after that events seemed to have jumbled up into a mess.

I remember not having set up the barrier yet even though I have. In the event that I have not yet set up the barrier, I wouldn't have been able to power up Silky as I would like, and I have killed it in boredome.

Then, I were on the hunt for more souls and the orb of Truth. Due to my actions early on, the security is not in place yet and I procure the orb easily. With that I regained my memories and learn the ritual to summon the two other Gods.

At that point, the UHF also attack simultaneously right when I have obtained the orb. For some reasons they have also wanted the orb for themselves, and also knowing that most of the enchantment in place was to prevent gods, not man.

After a chaotic melee I you play the part of the "good guy" helping with the fighting, I manageed to put the blame on the UHF.

Apparently they have somehow managed to "disable" the power of Gods temporarily and their movement for the last few days were the ritual to do that. It reminded me eerily of my "Evil" aspect.

But, due to not being a "God" I manage to fight them effectively and become the turning point of the battle.

I managed to pin the blame on the UHF, effectively having a scapegoat for my theft. However a few day later, the UHF starts a worldwide broadcast declaring war upon the Gods, in "your name". Or:

On the TV screen, a man is spasming with evil liquid pooling around him, chanting about "his" coming.

"We serve the God. The truth God. All the pretender beware. "He" is coming. It is "HE".

Eraser comes.
"

Which made my whole life worse than ever before. I realized that I have never involved myself with the life of them, and that the rat bastard who I put the blame on, have put the blame on me.

But the power that they wield is real. Somehow.

After that the events are jumbled up.

A High Goddess who identified herself as "Dominatrix" come, purging the Low God against all reasons. She is the sister and lover of the god "Dominator", and is also supposedly a "Slayer of an Evil God" in the past.

Due to the Low Gods being the only one whose identities cannot be confirm (because of their lost memories), and the only mean to do that (the Orb) have been taken, all Low Gods are under suspicion of being "Eraser" in hiding, the hysteria of my "supposed power" does not help.

Apparently I am quite famous among the the Trinity, to the point that the transmission stirs an uproar among the High God, and the Goddess take matter into her own hand.

After that everything was blurry. Dominator informed me that the UHF has taken my sister, I hurried up to catch them and ended up in some kind of other worldly cave where the rituals are carried out.

At that point I learned that the UHF has somehow managed a mean to leech off "my" power, and the leader has taken on an appearance worthy of an Evil God. He is conducting a ritual to do the same with my boss and the Root, and virgin sacrifices are a must for those kind of ritual.

For some reason the Root did not come, but the Boss answers the call.

None of the sacrifices are enough however, none of them are a worthy vessel for an Evil God.

But when my sister was sacrificed, it worked.

I were pissed enough for the first time that I changed right there and rampaged. That destroyed the world.

The illusion world.

The second time I realize that it was an illusion, I tested the property of the world.

It is an accurate simulation of the future, however, it is impossible to do that with the appearance of the Evil Gods, and I realize that these illusion are from my own power. I have no trouble seeing the Boss and myself after all.

I am being hooked to something that create these vision from my mind.

However, this is the future, I have no doubt about it. The visions I am seeing is the future.

So for the second time when everything loop, I tried out the ritual to summon the Boss by sacrificing my sister.

It works out perfectly. Apparently my sister is a shortcut to summon the Boss.

After all didn't she already sent me a vision? Her first appearance in my meditation is an innocent female child. So the criteria are there.

The child also needs to be accustomed to "Evil Power" so that it won't kill their vessel immediately.

The horrible realization is that due to exposure to me through out the years, Laslie is the perfect vessel.

Again the illusion world disappears when an Evil God appears.

This is a Prophetic power alright. They still haven't fixed up the flaw that the Boss drilled into them years ago. They cannot see the future after an Evil God has appeared.

It seems without my knowledge, I was stuck in some kind of illusionary world. This is a worrisome situation.

I am not worry.

Falsehood and lie
When I were 13, there was a game that was a sensation to the world. A VR game that actually immerse you into the game world. 10 years ago that was impossible. It is clear where the technology comes from. At that point Gods were being rounded up by other High Gods so that they can all be together again in one place.

And while most of the Gods have joined, there are still a few who is in place unknown.

Despite all of that, during that time I was engulfed in normal school life, planning future death and causing miseries.

In the normal school life routine when I pretend I were a human, that game was a big hit with my "friends" and so it was also something I play.

"Alright, keep up Myron, we are infiltrating the Demon camp on a secret mission. Keep up."

"Eh! This is my first day asshole. Are you sure we should be doing something high level like that."

The other boy slapped my head.

"Don't be stupid. This is an espionage mission. If we do this right there won't be combat anyway. This is my perfect plan to get you up to speed with me. Super special level mission."

Well it is true that only in game that I can become super powerful just by sneaking around right?

I was still sneaking around the demon camp, patiently stealth killing one by one. Apparently stealth kill are instant kill, so it was a way to kill opponent that massively out level you.

But shouldn't higher level enemies be able to resist that? I jolt that down for later for bug reporting, right after abusing the hell out of it of course.

Diligently stealth killing day and night (in game), it actually turns out to be days and nights outside of game. Sometime I met a few player, but after a while they just give up. The demon camp is supposedly too hard, or too easy depending on some people.

On the third day, Laslie of all people interrupt my gaming session.

"Myron. Mom is worry. Come down for dinner."

The little girl barely older then 10 yanks at my sleeves. She was such an angel back then, rather then the slob right now. I carefully take off the visor while (in game) hiding behind a well.

"5 more minutes."

She nods. I were being truthful. It was the end of the demon race. The final stealth mission.

Each character can gain stats upon level up and distribute among the main stats. You can min max and all, but most of the time it leads to a hilarious under balance character that would be overly weak in one area.

I am one of those min max character that is kinda useless in main conflict.

I put it all into the poisoning skill.

[Mission complete: Demon Camp annihilated]

[Bonus experience]

[Demon Race Dominated]

[Level up... level up...]

5 minutes later I go down stair for dinner because that whole thing was dumb.

Apparently if you genocide every member of a race in game you get a bonus, a fancy tittle and that specific mobs stop spawning.

Yeah sure realistic and all, but that was dumb.

That was really, really dumb game design that provide perverse incentive to spawn camp everything to get that super special bonus and denied other player from being able to farm from that spot again.

It's as if the game designer takes what seems to be cool and then run with it instead of thinking what an actual MMO is. Like it is as if they were only thinking about bringing a world to life instead of thinking on actual game design.

You decide to stop playing and go outside instead.

[Title: Bug? Demon camp stops spawning]

I glance at the computer screen one day, checking if the game designer has been arrested by the God police yet because it is becoming increasingly obvious who he is. Instead, it gets me busted as a god.

[Lol only a god would have that much patient]

I furiously type back

[Not true. It was just bad game design.]

[Lol. Yeah. Who the fuck thought a mechanic to let a newbie permanently stop NPC from spawning is a good idea.]

[Who thought a mechanic to permanently stop NPC from spawning is a good idea. The trolls are already at it making it difficult for us.]

[This game award you for Genocide? Why did no one tells me this before...]

At that moment the creator of the game stares out of a high rise building, the city light gleaning on his face. It's time for dinner, but his mother and father know better than to bother him when he is working.

For a definition of father and mother anyway.

He sighs, leaning back on the expensive sofa.

School day is starting.

He knows full well, just like most of the people in the know of what that mean. The reunion of the gods are coming. And the High Gods are gathering everyone close.

Whether the other Gods like it or not.

He knocks on his father's door.

"Father. My other compatriots are gathering people like me. What do you think about it?"

A look of surprise, and then

"Ah. Of course. You should do what is best for you son."

It was a distraction. The game was. A way to become rich and powerful that was too easy nowadays for people like him.

There were people who turn a barren desert into a lush kingdom under their command. There were people who returns the ocean to its primordial cleanness because they want to.

And there was him, 12 years old, knowing better and making more than his parents would ever do.

He feels furious for living a lie such as this. Wasn't he the God of Truth once upon a time? Than what is this treachery, this lie.

"I will be going then." Just like all the time they let him does as he please. But he adds

"And I will not be going back."

He doesn't even look at the surprise face of his "father" before getting back to business. The old man cannot help anyway.

A few day later...

"I TOLD you too much gaming was bad for you!" Laslie points at my face when I receive the enlistment paper from the Gods, recognizing me as one of them. Apparently the shitstorm I stir on the game forum gather too much attention.

The God of Evil discovered because he indulged too much. The past just keep repeating itself...

I kneel on the floor, with the piece of paper on my face, doing what a 13 years old would do.

"Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy"

"Now now Myron. It's a good opportunity to get acquainted with your past." My mom scolded.

"It's also a good learning experiment too. And it says right here that you can come back anytime you want as long as it does not interfere with your study."

More like literally walking into enemies territory.

Literally.

"But I don't wanna."

"Someone is in trouble~" Laslie teases. MY mother has sadness in her eyes at she waves me goodbye. I would be seeing them soon enough anyway.

And I really don't want to go.

I get on the bus. It's the last few students. The gossip has something ridiculous like "Game developer and Gamer discovered as Gods during gaming scandal" so I know I am probably meeting the game designer that get me in this trouble.

The bus stops at the offender's home. He lugs his luggage alone. A loner looking boy who come from a rich family.

I ignore him.

The boy stops in front of me.

"You cause me so much trouble." He says.

"It was bad game design." I say nervously keeping my persona. And it really was.

And it was the beginning of a friendship.

A few years later, we still are friends with each other. The trouble of an Evil God approaching are brewing among the students.

Laslie did not go and study with me , so I have more privacy to work with.

Lately there are curfew and mandatory patrol in the street. I mostly don't care about that.

I stumble onto the mess hall, adjusting my glass and find a seat.

He is sitting there, alone as always, keeping my seat.

"H-hello." I say. "Is this seat empty?" I ask.

He nods like our usual ritual.

"Too much trouble lately." I say.

"Oracles are detecting disturbing vision of the future. Some of the High Gods ask me to use my power." He says darkly.

"Uh, ignoring my ignorance for a moment. What power is that?"

"Idiot Myron. It is the power of memories. It shows the real memories." He sighs.

"And the future are going to be memories one day." He says. "I don't want this. I want my power to help people remember their true selves. But if it is to find the Evil God, I will do it."

"And why do you want people to find their true selves?" I ask a rhetorical question.

"See you later, [______________]" I say goodbye.

There were so many good memories we have during those years of friendship. Like that time I sent a picture home, and Laslie has a crush on the rich loner looking boy in the picture and asks for contact detail and I intimidated him into turning her down gently. Or like that time Entune goes on a date with him and Barry got jealous, so I and Barry stalk them their whole date.

Ha, those were the time.

The boy seat in the corner, the question still in his mind.

"And why do you want people to find their true selves?"

A gentle wind rips through reality.

"Your mother is dying." his father phones him one day.

"I'm sorry [______________], but we really need your help, one of your friends ca-"

He slams the phone into the bed. All the money wasn't enough and now his friends? And what is death among the gods? All mortal die one day.

One the wall, a picture of a happy family slightly rips because of the pressure.

I step forward gently to consult him.

"Shh. It's okay. It's okay."

He looks up at me.

"Some time you have to let thing go."

The scene suddenly changes back to the inside of a building. It's game time now. In front of me, he seats on the floor, with a Crystal Orb in hand.

"Sit down, and put your hand on it Myron. Let get this over with." He rolls his neck, clearly tired from the day work.

"Buddy, old pal, is it okay if I borrow the Orb for a bit." His eyes glaze over.

He yanks it out of my hand.

"NO!"

Reality snaps back into place.

Two men sits opposite of each other. One of them is sweating profusely.

"How are you doing this? How are you manipulating the vision that I created?"

"Is it that hard to imagine? A memories simulation isn't it? And it is my memories." I state back, finally looking at the boy that I have been sharing memories with.

I remember now.

"You are the only one left." I stated.

Instead of choosing the stealthy way to get the Orb of Truth, I brute force it, killing every guards, and burst down the enchantment with the human souls I trapped previously. I were planning on blaming the UHF for the crime later, but eh, I hit a snag on the way in.

At the final obstacle, I were about to kill the God of Truth one and for all, when he caught me in this memories. I were careless and reach out for the Orb before killing him, and this is what I get.

"You can't even move to warn other can you? You have to stay here to maintain the illusion." I stated the truth.

"You are really scary you know. As a student you were really good at keeping that timid appearance. But now. You are really scary. Is this your true face." He sweats profusely.

"I don't have to answer to you." I challenge.

"Please Myron, as your friend I beg you, please don't. Don't do this. Memories of the past is not what defy you."

I stop him there.

"I'm sorry, but I don't know who you are. Have you even meet my mother? Do you know what her name is?" I laugh at his numbed face. Manipulation at this level...

"And what is the matter with you. Isn't this what you wanted? The memories of Truth. Isn't that why you abandon your family because they were not your actual family. That what you are now is not your true self?" I turn and question him.

He stays silent.

"N- no." He finally says. "That did not happen. My mother is still alive happily. That was not my memories."

"Is it?" I challenge. "As a God of Truth, you seem to be unable to distinguish truth from lie. Are you sure that your mother is alive right now? Are you sure that you didn't abandon your family? Are you sure that that is not your stated reason?" I inches closer and closer to him.

A spurt of poison hit him in the face, eroding it immediately, causing untold screams in the chamber.

"NO! That is not the truth." He snaps. And reality snaps back into place, with me still unable to remove my hand from the orb.

"Aww. I thought I got you." He frays back and forth, shaking his head as if to anchor his reality together.

"There will be a check up soon." He states in his daze state. "And they will catch you."

It is really hard to mind fuck a God of Truth in compliance. I really thought I had him with the poison spurt but what do I know. I was more death curse and poison anyway, the Old Root is the one who is good at manipulating people.

Still, I'm quite proud to say that I have quite thoroughly ruin the opposite party's mind with false memories preying on his vulnerabilities that they can't distinguish reality from fiction anymore. But I'm still stuck here though

Back
Top Bottom