What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cloakie's Ideal Stance on US Immigration

Why not? They shut down Obama, destroyed his legacy, dropped 2 supreme court judges, got their tax bill, what part of their program has proven ineffectual?

The part where the economy is meant to go well and people like them. Also basic human rights, international alliances and handing corporations keys to the internet.

The part where the economy is meant to go well and people like them. Also basic human rights, international alliances and handing corporations keys to the internet.

You're missing the point.

First three? They don't give a shit. International Alliances? Only matter in terms of getting what they want, so you're right that Trump is fucking it up. Handing corporations keys to the internet? That's the whole god damn point.

You're missing the point.

First three? They don't give a shit. International Alliances? Only matter in terms of getting what they want, so you're right that Trump is fucking it up. Handing corporations keys to the internet? That's the whole god damn point.

Yes, but they did it so badly that they've gained negative publicity where they could otherwise have made gains.

For example, the whole spat with NATO could have been spun a lot more positively if it didn't seem like trump was pulling facts out his arse while being petty and calling Montenegro and agressive nation. (I mean seriously, its Montenegro, what are they going to do to start ww3, argue with Albania about a lake again?)

Yes, but they did it so badly that they've gained negative publicity where they could otherwise have made gains.

For example, the whole spat with NATO could have been spun a lot more positively if it didn't seem like trump was pulling facts out his arse while being petty and calling Montenegro and agressive nation. (I mean seriously, its Montenegro, what are they going to do to start ww3, argue with Albania about a lake again?)

You're right that trump is a fool (Which, honestly, I'm pretty glad for. An America without the soft power to convince the rest of the world to fucking shit on another country is a much safer America), but for most republicans it's worth the trade. 2 Supreme Court Judges. They've been explicitly working to stack the court to block social progressive legislation for decades, and they've fully succeeded.

I found the article

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-secrets-of-leonard-leo-the-man-behind-trumps-supreme-court-pick

"
"Leonard Leo was a visionary," said Tom Carter, who served as Leo's media relations director when he was chairman of the U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom (USCIRF), in an exclusive interview with The Daily Beast. "He figured out twenty years ago that conservatives had lost the culture war. Abortion, gay rights, contraception—conservatives didn't have a chance if public opinion prevailed. So they needed to stack the courts."

Amazingly, said Carter, Leo has succeeded in this mission with few people taking notice.

"The Christian right has been written about a lot, but hardly anyone talks about the Catholic right," Carter said. "Four Supreme Court justices—they're more successful than anybody: the NRA, the Israel lobby, Big Pharma, no one else has had that kind of impact.""

Back
Top Bottom