What's new

Children of a Frozen Earth: A Post 'Day After Tomorrow'/'Frostpunk' style Apocalypse Timeline

Aaron Fox

SB's Minor Junker Descendant and Hunter of Nazis
I like it. You downplayed psychics (the way some timelines so eagerly put psychic abilities in it seems like a copout at some point). Solid in your worldbuilding so far.
I curbed psionics with an immense caloric cost from Mass Effect of all places, just jacked it up to eleven as it were. Hell, I simply had it start out as part of a subconscious 'psi-net' before humanity literally stumbled on the genes that made it continuously active. I left with some room to grow but it isn't outright superior to things like very advanced gene-tech or cybernetics.

Aaron Fox

Whatever fits better-
That's what I'm trying to find out. What would be simple to me might be complex for others.
I'd go with the new one, simply because the spreadsheet is easier for me to comprehend.
Anything of the old system that you like because the new one isn't 100% complete yet.

The thing with this is that I'm going to have a lot of VLOOKUP and Data Validations no matter what I do... which will require a lot of equations and functions to do well.

Aaron Fox

For anything more, grab a copy of 'Children of a Dead Earth'.
I'm not that far with the game, and hyper-realism isn't what I'm aiming for...

... can you send me a copy of Python when your done with it? It sounds interesting (unless it requires a license, then I'll have to wait)...

Warringer

Goto Wogon for Hard SciFi
I'm not that far with the game, and hyper-realism isn't what I'm aiming for...

... can you send me a copy of Python when your done with it? It sounds interesting (unless it requires a license, then I'll have to wait)...

You do know that Python is a scripting language? Open Source at that...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)