What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Modern Celene's random findings and curiosities

C

Celene

Hey, so Recently I tend to find weird quirks of war and interesting tid bits. I thought I'd use this place to share them. as well as ask questions to those knowledgeable

To start us off.
frank.PNG

This was a Japanse KI 84 Hayate taken by the Americans tested intact. eventually fitting superior fire systems onto it. The planes performance seemed to have at least made it test worthy up into 1946 which isn't surprising giving the potential output of the Homare engine the KI 84 had. Which would have probably been a malfunctioning curiosity for american engineers and such.

I find it weird the British didn't give much consideration for the Owen gun. It's simple to build, reliable and from what I saw in several Youtube vids, an acceptable shooter.

300px-CompletedOwenGun1942.png

A corpse of a random Wermacht dude we've been using as a road sign in 1942. Don't ask.
photo_2018-12-07_04-18-07.jpg

The insides of Halifax after a sortie, 1942.
photo_2018-12-07_16-41-07.jpg

Hiroshima, before and after you know what, 1945.
photo_2018-11-16_15-44-58.jpg

Q5GZ21Q.png

Japanese early planning Battleships. 8 Eighteen inch guns, these were actually going to be built, so they had certainly moved past the design stage at least somewhat.
thf3CNT.png

Folding wing JU 87 made for carrier service, which for Germany never really came to fruition.

ynzFC.jpg
As you can see here is the Zuiho with its Interesting camouflage. In the vein of a battleship when seen from above.
08x9K.jpg
I've always liked the iterations of Nagato's mast.
CfzWC.jpg

Back
Top Bottom