What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bren gun's are superior than Spandau's (and every other machinegun by default!)

Ma Deuce for all your unaliving needs.

Pros:

Bigger caliber
Shot Krauts
Shot Chicoms
Shot Charlies
Shot hajjis
Made before Brens and Spandaus and still outlast 'em both
The mother all bad guys deserves
Slap a scope and boom, headshot!

Cons: What is this word that you are saying, soldier!

Chauchats need not apply.

In conclusion, Ma Deuce rules, all others drool.

unknown.png

*Strokes chin*

Naruhodo.

>Glorified nerfed Type 96/99 LMG vs semi-modern GPMG.

God this debate annoys me so much.

Yes, in SOME situations a gun like the bren is superior, but as a machinegun, for spraying rounds at targets, assisting riflemen, and defending, the MG series is hell of a lot better.

Yes, in SOME situations a gun like the bren is superior, but as a machinegun, for spraying rounds at targets, assisting riflemen, and defending, the MG series is hell of a lot better.
The MG-34 was replaced with the MG-42 because the MG-34 was expensive for an MG. Yeah, the MG with the absolutely ridiculous rate of fire is cheaper. The only reason that MG-34s were still used was because it simply needed the firing action twisted and pull the barrel out, not opening up to the side and pull the barrel out that way.

>Implying that the Japanese made original anything
>Calling an outdated gun modern because a company used its already existing design philosophy

Then why'd you make both a thread on it and encouraged others to do the same? Tsk tsk.

Nobody is saying the Bren is superior in all area, unless you're taking jokes literally...

The MG-34 was replaced with the MG-42 because the MG-34 was expensive for an MG. Yeah, the MG with the absolutely ridiculous rate of fire is cheaper. The only reason that MG-34s were still used was because it simply needed the firing action twisted and pull the barrel out, not opening up to the side and pull the barrel out that way.
Hmmm...? Zeno never mentioned the MG-34?

>Implying that the Japanese made original anything

Bruh, most of WW2 Japanese stuff was pretty damned original, knee mortar is such a niche and unique weapon.

Bruh, most of WW2 Japanese stuff was pretty damned original, knee mortar is such a niche and unique weapon.

>Literally half of it was just a copy or reversed engineer'd gun with a "Type" stamped on

Bombs on a stick were much better than knee mortar's!

>Literally half of it was just a copy or reversed engineer'd gun with a "Type" stamped on
So was european stuff. It's just that Japan only had europe to license from, so it looked like they relied on others moreso. when europeans all constantly swapped and borrowed the same stuff as well.

Handgun=Nambu=Original
Rifle=Arisaka=Original
SMG=Type 100=Original
LMG=Type 96/99=Original

:|

So was european stuff. It's just that Japan only had europe to license from, so it looked like they relied on others moreso. when europeans all constantly swapped and borrowed the same stuff as well.
Good thing I never said Europe was 100% original :v

Handgun=Nambu=Original
Rifle=Arisaka=Original
SMG=Type 100=Original
LMG=Type 96/99=Original

:|
>4 examples
:v

Nambu's are just Luger's acting like a Mauser.

Arisaka's, ye, original.

The Type 100 was based on the SIG Bergman 1920, of which in turn was based on the MP-18.

The type 96/99 was based on a Czech design, same as the Bren actually, so no, not really original.

Wow, 1 out of 4, nice :V

>4 examples

Arisaka's, ye, original.

The Type 100 was based on the SIG Bergman 1920, of which in turn was based on the MP-18.

The type 96/99 was based on a Czech design, same as the Bren actually, so no, not really original.

By that logic, pretty much all automatic weapons are 'based' on the original machineguns. ;|

Every gun has inspiration, but they are unique.

Also, the type 96/99 has nothing in common with the Bren/Czech guns, apart from their appearance.

Good thing I never said Europe was 100% original :v

>4 examples

Arisaka's, ye, original.

no offence but all guns are based on other guns. at least 99 percent of them outside of like, the firsts of every type of gun. You could trace the AK 12 to the STG. The STG to other german automatic weapons, those weapons to WW1 weapons, those to british Colonial automatic weaponry, those to Rifles, and so on and so forth.

By that logic, pretty much all automatic weapons are 'based' on the original machineguns. ;|

Every gun has inspiration, but they are unique.

Also, the type 96/99 has nothing in common with the Bren/Czech guns, apart from their appearance.
Nope, you've misinterpreted my logic :v

Except when they're knock offs :p
Like the WW2 Jap armoury :y

Bruh, aesthetic's are literally an actual determining factor in gun manufacturing. You are wrong by all accounts, then there's the fact the Type 96 and 99 all go back to a Czech license... Of which also includes the Type 97 ;P

no offence but all guns are based on other guns. at least 99 percent of them outside of like, the firsts of every type of gun. You could trace the AK 12 to the STG. The STG to other german automatic weapons, those weapons to WW1 weapons, those to british Colonial automatic weaponry, those to Rifles, and so on and so forth.
I know they are, that's how engineering new products work... But I'm not on about the full on "let's find the first gun" I am exclusively on about how the Japs did not have that guns in the state Zeno was claiming them to be in... I.E. Majority original/ have a license monopoly. The Japs had a reputation for not being home growers of new guns and to claim otherwise is outright false.

The MG-34 is the 'father' of GMGs while the MG-42 was the MG-34's successor...
I'm not even gonna bother if you fail to pay attention and answer properly... Again... NOBODY brought the MG-34 up!

No doubt there were light MGs and heavy MGs that that were better than the MG42 in their respective roles, but the Bren could never serve as a heavy MG or the M2 could never a light MG while MG42/34 could be configured to serve in multiple roles.

Clearly the winner is the RPD.
No, the RPD is... antiquated at best when compared to even the BAR. Pan-mags are notoriously bad from a maintenance, reloading, reliability, and various other standpoints and most nations only used them if there are no other alternatives. Drums were a bit better, but most nations adopted a box-belt combo by the end of the war. ... that is from what I've heard.

No, the RPD is... antiquated at best when compared to even the BAR. Pan-mags are notoriously bad from a maintenance, reloading, reliability, and various other standpoints and most nations only used them if there are no other alternatives. Drums were a bit better, but most nations adopted a box-belt combo by the end of the war. ... that is from what I've heard.
Damned American propaganda!

Back
Top Bottom