What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brazilian Fascist wins the 2nd round of Presidential Elections

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazilian_general_election,_2018

I don't need to say how bad this is. Jair Bolsonaro, a Far Right Senator, has entered the second round of presidential elections with ~46% of the vote. His rival is a PT Minister who got ~29%. Barring a miracle, Bolsonaro is going to get in and oh boy is it going to be disastrous for Brazil.
It surprised noone, TBH. The mainstream parties in Brazil are, IIRC, absurdly corrupt and are actively dodging all responsibility for their shit while Brazil itself suffers from an economic and violence crisis that fucks everyone not rich enough to pay bodyguards.

This is gonna suck for the country.

"Brazilian fascist"

Ok... Who is he gonna purge the country from??? I mean Brazil is made of a hodge podge of minorities? Who is the Great Enemy? Jew and Soros aside I mean.

Reactions: EiC
"Brazilian fascist"

Ok... Who is he gonna purge the country from??? I mean Brazil is made of a hodge podge of minorities? Who is the Great Enemy? Jew and Soros aside I mean.

No muslims around so either pardos or black people.

Hopefully he doesn't win but if he does then things will get interesting, depending on how dedicated he is to the fouler parts of his ideology.

Some of his quotes here

"The son starts to look like that, kind of a little gay, takes a leather and changes his behavior."
In a debate on TV House in 2010

"I will not fight or discriminate, but if I see two men kissing in the street, I'll knock."
After the then president FHC hold a flag with the colors of the rainbow in defense of the union homoafetiva, in May of 2002

"I do not take that risk, my children were very well educated."
In response to Preta Gil, about what she would do if her children related to a black woman or to homosexuals, in the program CQC, de Band

"Women should earn less because they get pregnant. When she returns [from maternity leave], she will have another month's vacation, meaning she worked five months in a year. "
In an interview with the newspaper Zero Hora in February 2015

"The mistake of the dictatorship was to torture and not kill."
In participation in the Panic program of Jovem Pan radio in July 2016

"Pinochet should have killed more people."
On the Chilean dictatorship of Augusto Pinochet in an interview to the magazine Veja, edition 1575, of 2 of December of 1998

"At the time of the dictatorship, they should have shot some 30,000 corrupt, starting with President Fernando Henrique."
In May of 1999, in a TV program, in defending the closing of the National Congress

"You can be sure that if I get there (Presidency of the Republic) you will not have money for NGOs. If it depends on me, every citizen will have a firearm in the house. It will not have a centimeter demarcated for indigenous reservation or quilombola. "

...sounds like a lovely guy.

Welp

Buh bye Amazon.

Bye bye democracy

Bb Rio carnival?

What was the quote? This is how democracy dies not with screams and laments but thunderous applause?
yeh and I thought Trump was bad...

lol yup, doubt he cares much about democracy either, these types don't and will have no problems undermining things once they get in.

This group started in the 30s and was more inspired by Italian fascism then Nazi ideology.
Wow, so actual fascists, not wannabe Nazis. That's actually a little interesting.

Apparently now there's a shitty steam game with a thinly veiled version of him as president being the protagonist where you go around and murder leftists, gays, minorities, etc... and it's causing some backlash.

Back
Top Bottom