What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bluepencil's Weekly Free Art Requests folder

stuckcat-scan2.jpg

Hmm. It seems that fluorescent yellow highlighter is simply so bright that while the human eye sees it just fine, the scanner just refuses to accept it as yellow. The light just bounces back so hard it becomes this washed-out white instead.

While this does mean orange+yellow becomes a usable skin tone, it really doesn't work to be missing a primary color.

Ugh. Will have to spend for a real marker set, then.

The physical limitations of drawing in real life is what make traditional art unique.
Right. Sometimes limitations are what enable new discoveries. Too much freedom can ironically lead to predictability and homogeneity.

It's very easy for me to identify sometimes "This was done in Paint Tool Sai", "This was by Photoshop", and "That's Krita" due to how colors and brushes have distinctive results even when in theory digital art can allow you to mix almost infinite range of colors and layer in pixel-perfect detail.

Last edited:
but I was never allowed to draw what I have in my head when I was young. :(
There must have been a very good reason for this…
@bluepencil, here's an idea, you in a hazmat suit, using a pair of tongs to receive @Aaron Fox's suggestion ;)

The thing was, in all honesty, that most of my teachers that I got saddled with didn't like me drawing at all. Period, end of story. It didn't matter if I was drawing space ships going through space or scenes of battle, most of my teachers screwed me over in that respect with both of my parents literally rolling their eyes in agreement that it was limiting me... and that rarely happens.

Last edited:
@bluepencil, here's an idea, you in a hazmat suit, using a pair of tongs to receive @Aaron Fox's suggestion ;)
But milSF isn't that salacious though?

(shipgirls)
(gungirls)
(mechamusume)

Brb, remembered some old drawings.

Where's my eel? :C

In all seriousness, don't rush. I was partially joking but it would be nice and welcomed if you made one.

A giant, Lovecraftian golden eel (Moray preferably).

Draw me a Lovecraftian Moray eel, he said.

rlwbs162mqq01.jpg

But they're already Lovecraftian monstrosities, what the hell.

Even down to double row crystal dagger teeth and tentacle tube noses.

[edit]
Wait, I just remembered something else.
hydra.jpg
From the distant past of 2005.

Last edited:
@bluepencil, I am still sorry for constantly dumping ideas onto you, but you know me... can't stop thinking of ideas. :(

This station is an older model, with the habitation modules in the center of the complex station. The habitation/command module is a bulbous tube with two habitation rings in a counter-rotating configuration. The bottom and top of this 300 meter tube-with-rings is a mass docking collar (capable of docking four aerospike style shuttles each) module with emitters for an anti-radiation/kinetic field that covers a massive area around it.

Connected to the command/habitation module is a network of connectors with basic radiation and micro-debris protection (a combination of whipple shields and various anti-radiation measures) in a grid-like pattern, with zero-g laboratories, storage bays, greenhouses, artificial gravity labs, solar panels, auxiliary docking facilities, hazardous material storage, and radiators. There are a handful of anti-meteor pulse laser cannon as well, but they're not used all that much.
Effectively the equivalent of a Humvee or a JLTV. Has four wide-rimmed wheels, each with an independent suspension. Can survive all smaller IEDs and anything below an HMG or anti-tank rocket/missile. Can be armed with a 15.5mm HMG, a 45mm automatic grenade launcher, or a 254mm ATGM launcher. Usually has a crew of three (driver, commander, gunner) with additional seats for three passengers. Can achieve a top speed of 140km/h and has a wide combat radius thanks to it's hydrogen cell power plant. It might be a bit taller and wider than a JLTV or Humvee, but it is quite useful for recon and patrol work.

Last edited:
@bluepencil, I am still sorry for constantly dumping ideas onto you, but you know me... can't stop thinking of ideas. :(
Yeah, you are kinda cluttering the thread. :( Give me a scene with three to five elements. :p

What I can work with are specific things with specific actions.

Or make a thread in which you can format all of these as a manual or something that I can then insert illustrations into.

Yeah, you are kinda cluttering the thread. :( Give me a scene with three to five elements. :p
Sorry.
What I can work with are specific things with specific actions.
Alright...
Or make a thread in which you can format all of these as a manual or something that I can then insert illustrations into.
Ok, I'll see what I can do...

@bluerock, how would a system like this work for you?

• Name:
  • Type:
  • Mission:
  • Mass:
  • Dimensions:
    • Length:
    • Width:
    • Height:
  • Power Plant:
  • Suspension:
  • Motive System:
  • Armor Composition and Thickness (fore/Sides/Rear/Top):
  • Armament:
    • Main:
    • Coaxial:
    • Secondaries:
  • Electronics:
    • Communications:
    • Sensors:
    • Electronic Warfare:
  • Top Speed (Road/Off-Road):
  • Notes:
  • Name:
  • Type:
  • Mission:
  • Mass:
  • Dimensions:
    • Length (Waterline):
    • Length (Overall):
    • Beam (Waterline):
    • Beam (Overall):
    • Draft (Waterline):
    • Height (Overall):
  • Power Plant:
  • Motive System:
  • Armor Composition and Thickness:
    • Main Belt:
    • Upper Belt:
    • End Belts:
    • Main Gun Turrets (Fore/Sides/Top/Barrette or Hoist)
  • Armament (only as applicable):
    • Battery 1/Main Guns:
    • Battery 2/Secondary Guns:
    • Battery 3:
    • Battery 4:
    • Battery 5:
    • Battery 6:
    • Torpedo Tube Set 1
    • Torpedo Tube Set 2
    • Others that I'm too lazy to list
  • Electronics:
    • Communications:
    • Sensors:
    • Electronic Warfare:
  • Top Speed (Top/Cruise):
  • Notes:

@bluerock, how would a system like this work for you?

• Name:
  • Type:
  • Mission:
  • Mass:
  • Dimensions:
    • Length:
    • Width:
    • Height:
  • Power Plant:
  • Suspension:
  • Motive System:
  • Armor Composition and Thickness (fore/Sides/Rear/Top):
  • Armament:
    • Main:
    • Coaxial:
    • Secondaries:
  • Electronics:
    • Communications:
    • Sensors:
    • Electronic Warfare:
  • Top Speed (Road/Off-Road):
  • Notes:
  • Name:
  • Type:
  • Mission:
  • Mass:
  • Dimensions:
    • Length (Waterline):
    • Length (Overall):
    • Beam (Waterline):
    • Beam (Overall):
    • Draft (Waterline):
    • Height (Overall):
  • Power Plant:
  • Motive System:
    • Main Belt:
    • Upper Belt:
    • End Belts:
    • Main Gun Turrets (Fore/Sides/Top/Barrette or Hoist)
    • Battery 1/Main Guns:
    • Battery 3:
    • Battery 4:
    • Battery 5:
    • Battery 6:
    • Torpedo Tube Set 1
    • Torpedo Tube Set 2
    • Others that I'm too lazy to list
  • Electronics:
    • Communications:
    • Sensors:
    • Electronic Warfare:
  • Notes:
There is no @bluerock, there is only Zuul.

But it looks like it could work. I had a similar system for my old ships and DogaCGA 3d models.
glcruiser01.JPG

glcruiser02.JPG

glcruiser03.JPG

glcruiser04.JPG

glcruiser-b.JPG

I don't quite remember the specs, but from what I'm looking at, it probably had

4x Dual "Super" Laser Defense Cannons
3x Dual Heavy Beam Cannon
2x Light Beam Cannon

2x Multirole Drone Launch Catapults
2x Missile Launch Tubes

2x Shield Generators
(forward, right over the drone racks,
and center, near the bridge)
14x Shield Batteries

gmcruiser_b.JPG

gmcruiser_c.JPG

gmcruiser_c1.JPG

gmcruiser_d.JPG

I used to have writeups for this too, but I forgot.

If it's mainly vehicles and ships, I dunno. Some kitbashed 3d models ok?

There is no @bluerock, there is only Zuul.

But it looks like it could work. I had a similar system for my old ships and DogaCGA 3d models.
glcruiser01.JPG

glcruiser02.JPG

glcruiser03.JPG

glcruiser04.JPG

glcruiser-b.JPG

I don't quite remember the specs, but from what I'm looking at, it probably had

4x Dual "Super" Laser Defense Cannons
3x Dual Heavy Beam Cannon
2x Light Beam Cannon

2x Multirole Drone Launch Catapults
2x Missile Launch Tubes

2x Shield Generators
(forward, right over the drone racks,
and center, near the bridge)
14x Shield Batteries

gmcruiser_b.JPG

gmcruiser_c.JPG

gmcruiser_c1.JPG

gmcruiser_d.JPG

I used to have writeups for this too, but I forgot.

If it's mainly vehicles and ships, I dunno. Some kitbashed 3d models ok?
Well, I'm developing a ship builder system for my spaceships but kitbashed 3D models for blue navy and vehicles would work quite well.

Also, would you accept Springsharp designs for older vessels as well? Sure it isn't as useful as the ones I've posted, but it should be enough right?

... and as a final note, can I have a copy of these to have on my external harddrives and flash drive? I can PM you my email address if you want.

Well, I'm developing a ship builder system for my spaceships but kitbashed 3D models for blue navy and vehicles would work quite well.

Also, would you accept Springsharp designs for older vessels as well? Sure it isn't as useful as the ones I've posted, but it should be enough right?
Try not to get your hopes up. :p If it sounds too much like work it starts to sound like something that needs to be paid for.

Make a new thread. Decide which vehicles or vessels are most important or most fundamental to you.
plate1.JPG

I usually start with a frame.

plate2.JPG

Then I make a universal reuisable set of guns for all future projects in that verse.

plate3.JPG

plate4.JPG

And then everything just builds off that.

Make a list of universal weapon mounts.
Then three universally usable hulls whose elements may repeat in others. Describe them well/attach reference pictures.

Then we can keep on reusing these elements to build new completely new vessels/vehicles as needed.

... and as a final note, can I have a copy of these to have on my external harddrives and flash drive? I can PM you my email address if you want.
A copy of what? Right click + Save As for images doesn't work? ;) Or do you mean the original working 3d files when I'm done?

Last edited:
Try not to get your hopes up. :p If it sounds too much like work it starts to sound like something that needs to be paid for.
I can go over the top...
A copy of what? Right click + Save As for images doesn't work? ;) Or do you mean the original working 3d files when I'm done?
Yeah, the models is what I would love to have... and I like to have high-quality images if I can...

I can go over the top...

Yeah, the models is what I would love to have... and I like to have high-quality images if I can...
That's fine.

I can't start on anything until you give me those lists in descending order of usability though.

Last edited:
More color testing.

fic-comic-00-colortest.jpg

fic-comic-01-colortest.jpg

It looks like marker yellow over highlighter yellow works, but yellow highlighter alone just fails. To my eyes, the flesh tones in the bottom image with orange marker on the croc kiddo and yellow+orange highlighter on the snake kiddo are identical in color and shade but come out differently once scanned.

Can't really get that sort of roughness with digital tools though.

As artists first we are trained to get our work as clean and accurate as possible. Then later we search for ways to put that messy roughness back.

Last edited:
Sorry @bluepencil for taking so long... took me a while to convert all of this...
  • Name: Alpha Class Rumbler
  • Type: AI Driven Mini-tank
  • Mission: Infantry Support
  • Mass: 25 tons
  • Dimensions:
    • Length: 18 meters
    • Width: 4.5 meters
    • Height: 3 meters
  • Power Plant: Hydrogen Fuel Cell
  • Suspension: Torsion Bar
  • Motive System: Treads (adaptable wide)
  • Armor Composition and Thickness (Fore/Sides/Rear/Top): Standard SolForce Ground Vehicle Composite -ablative alloys, carbon nanotubes, various foam metals, diamond weaves, mango ceramics, polysilicate alloy, iridium-osmium alloy, molybdenum polyalloy- (75mm/50mm/25mm/25mm)
  • Armament:
    • Main: 45mm L/65 ETC-TCPI SolForce Armament Works autocannon (-5 to +85 degree elevation with an elevation rate of 45 degrees per second, turret rotation speed is 55 degrees per second)
    • Coaxial: 15.5mm ETC-TCPI Heavy Machine Gun (can train with main gun)
    • Secondaries: 2x 6-tube 240mm rocket pods OR 2x 4-tube 305mm N-LOS compatible ATGM pods on trainable mounts on the sides of the turret
    • Countermeasures: 2x SolForce White Section HardKill Defense System 20mm micro-pulse lasers on CIWS mounts, 4x hull mounted 10-tube 90mm countermeasure dispensers, 4x turret mounted 6-tube 90mm countermeasure dispensers
  • Electronics:
    • Communications: SolForce White Section Standard Communications Array Mk 2
    • Sensors: SolForce White Section Standard Small Vehicular Sensor Suite Mk 2 with Urban Combat capability
    • Electronic Warfare: SolForce White Section Standard Small Vehicular Electronic Warfare Suite Mk 2
  • Top Speed (Road/Off-Road): 35km/h / 25 km/h
  • Notes:
    • The smallest autonomous drone on the planet, the Alpha Class Rumbler is a powerful tool within SolForce's arsenal. In SolForce Doctrine, the Alpha class is to support infantry formations they are attached to, and due to their relative rarity, Alpha class Rumblers are attacked to heavily armored 'Assault Infantry' formations who usually go into urban environs. This is rather beneficial to these formations as they have another mind and pair of eyes in the horror show that is urban combat.
  • Name: ATV-01
  • Type: Multi-Role Vehicle
  • Mission: Recon Car, Light Artillery Mover, Infantry Platoon-grade Command Vehicle, General Utility Vehicle, Light Mortar Vehicle, ATGM Carrier, Light AA Platform
  • Mass: 10 tons
  • Dimensions:
    • Length: 7.25 meters
    • Width: 3 meters
    • Height: 3 meters
  • Suspension: Fully Independent Suspension
  • Motive System: 4x4 wheel
  • Armor Composition and Thickness (fore/Sides/Rear/Top): Standard SolForce Light Vehicle Composite -ablative alloys, carbon nanotubes, various foam metals, diamond weaves, mango ceramics, polysilicate alloy, molybdenum polyalloy- (50mm/25mm/15mm/15mm)
  • Armament:
    • Main: 1x 15.5mm ETC-TCPI HMG OR 1x 60mm Automatic Grenade Launcher on pintle or RWS mount OR 305mm ATGM launcher
    • Coaxial: N/A
    • Secondaries: N/A
    • Countermeasures: 4x hull-mounted 6-tube 90mm countermeasure dispensers
  • Electronics:
    • Communications: SolForce White Section Standard Communications Array Mk 2 OR SolForce White Section Infantry Platoon Command Communications Array Mk 2
    • Sensors: SolForce White Section Standard Small Vehicular Sensor Suite Mk 2 OR SolForce White Section Small Recon Vehicular Sensor Suite Mk 2
    • Electronic Warfare: SolForce White Section Standard Small Vehicular Electronic Warfare Suite Mk 2
  • Top Speed (Road/Off-Road): 110 km/h / 80 km/h
  • Notes: The equivalent of the Humvee in SolForce, the ATV-01 series is a capable weapon system that has a long history with SolForce. Based upon the Union of North American States's Standard Light Wheeled Vehicle (SLWV for short), the ATV-01 adds several improvements including Virtual General Intelligence (VGI for short, basically incredibly good 'expert system' programs) compatibility. Usually used as a utility or recon vehicle, it is a common sight across SolForce territory. The vehicle requires a driver, and electronic warfare officer, and a gunner to operate optimally and has seats for another three soldiers, all of whom wear power armor.
  • Name: CT-01 MacKenzie
  • Type: Calvary Tank
  • Mission: Recon, limited Infantry Support, Artillery Battery Command Vehicle, Calvary Tank Platoon Command Vehicle
  • Dimensions:
    • Length: 7.25m
    • Width: 3m
    • Height: 3m
  • Motive System: Treads
  • Armor Composition and Thickness (fore/Sides/Rear/Top): Standard SolForce Light Vehicle Composite -ablative alloys, carbon nanotubes, various foam metals, diamond weaves, mango ceramics, polysilicate alloy, iridium-osmium alloy, molybdenum polyalloy- (150mm/100mm/75mm/75mm)
  • Armament:
    • Main: 60mm L/45 ETC-TCPI SolForce Armament Works cannon (HE, S-HE, EFP, and Beehive rounds only; -7 to +35 degree elevation with 30 degree per second elevation rate, turret rotation rate is 45 degrees per second)
    • Coaxial: 15.5mm ETC-TCPI HMG
    • Secondaries: 2x 4-tube 305mm ATGM launchers on the sides of the turret
    • Countermeasures: 4x hull mounted 12-tube 90mm countermeasure launchers, 4x turret mounted 8-tube combat reloadable 90mm countermeasure launchers, 2x SolForce White Section HardKill Defense System 20mm micro-pulse lasers on CIWS mounts
  • Electronics:
    • Communications: SolForce White Section Recon Communications Array Mk 2 OR SolForce White Section Artillery Battery Command Communications Array Mk 2 OR SolForce White Section Tank Platoon Command Vehicle Communications Array Mk 2
    • Sensors: SolForce White Section Small Recon Vehicular Sensor Suite Mk 2
  • Top Speed (Road/Off-Road): 80 km/h / 65 km/h
  • Notes: The search for a 'light' or 'Calvary' tank is a well-known and fraught with disaster, particularly in what was known as 'the West'. The major problem is that most nations wanted something that can at least harass enemy tanks, and that was becoming harder and harder to achieve with things like explosive-reactive, electro-reactive, and composite armors as well as ADS systems and vehicle-born E-War suites. Thus, SolForce changed the mission of the Calvary Tank from 'mini-MBT' -as the various programs kept evolving into- to a heavily armored and armed recon with very limited infantry support capability. With it's four-man crew (clad in light power armor), the tank has gained a reputation for being somewhat cramped. This is mostly due to the fact that there has to be a dedicated electronic warfare officer aboard to manage the electronic warfare suite.
  • Name: SPAAG-01 'York'
  • Type: SPAAG
  • Mission: Close in Air Defense
  • Dimensions:
    • Length: 7.5m
    • Width: 3m
    • Height: 3.75m
  • Power Plant: Fusion Cell
  • Armor Composition and Thickness (fore/Sides/Rear/Top): Standard SolForce Light Vehicle Composite -ablative alloys, carbon nanotubes, various foam metals, diamond weaves, mango ceramics, polysilicate alloy, iridum-osmium alloy, molybdenum polyalloy- (100mm/75mm/50mm/50mm)
  • Armament:
    • Main: 2x 45mm L/90 ETC-TCPI SolForce Armament Works anti-air autocannon (-5 degrees to +90 degrees elevation with an elevation rate of 60 degrees per second, turret rotation rate of 90 degrees per second)
    • Coaxial: N/A
    • Secondaries: 2x 6-tube 240mm trainable SAM pods (-5 degrees to +85 degrees elevation with an elevation rate of 50 degrees per second) on the sides of the turret
    • Countermeasures: 4x hull mounted 12-tube 90mm countermeasure launchers, 4x turret mounted 8-tube combat reloadable 90mm countermeasure launchers, 1x SolForce White Section HardKill Defense System 20mm micro-pulse laser on CIWS mount
  • Electronics:
    • Communications: SolForce White Section Standard Communications Array Mk 2
    • Sensors: SolForce White Section Small Anti-Air Sensor Suite Mk 2
  • Top Speed (Road/Off-Road): 80 km/h / 65 km/h
  • Notes: Built off of the CT-01 chassis, the SPAAG-01 'York' is a close air defense platform for all combat units within SolForce, a mission that it does fairly well. Designed to protect all combat formations from enemy air attack, the 'York' can quickly target and destroy enemy helicopters, VTOLs, and low-level aircraft and their munitions with comparative ease. It's three man crew can make any pilot's day miserable, if not outright their last.
  • Name: MBT-01A9 'General Williams'
  • Type: Main Battle Tank
  • Mission: Spearhead, Assault
  • Mass: 65 tons
  • Dimensions:
    • Length: 8.25m
    • Width: 4.5m
    • Height: 2.75m
  • Armor Composition and Thickness (fore/Sides/Rear/Top): Standard SolForce Light Vehicle Composite -ablative alloys, carbon nanotubes, various foam metals, diamond weaves, mango ceramics, polysilicate alloy, Iiridium-osmium alloy, molybdenum polyalloy- (250mm/175mm/75mm/100mm)
  • Armament:
    • Main: 65mm L/55 SolForce Armament Works Coilgun (-7 to +25 degree elevation with 20 degree per second elevation rate, turret rotation rate is 50 degrees per second)
    • Coaxial: 15.5mm ETC-TCPI HMG
    • Secondaries: 1x 15.5mm OR 60mm AGL on RWS mount
    • Countermeasures: 2x SolForce White Section HardKill Defense System 20mm micro-pulse lasers in CIWS mounts, 4x hull-mounted 20-tube 90mm countermeasure launchers, 4x turret-mounted 10-tube 90mm countermeasure launchers
  • Electronics:
    • Communications: SolForce White Section Standard Communications Array Mk 2 OR SolForce White Section Tank Platoon Command Vehicle Communications Array Mk 2
    • Sensors: SolForce White Section Standard Tank Sensor Suite Mk 2
    • Electronic Warfare: SolForce White Section Standard Small Vehicular Electronic Warfare Suite
  • Top Speed (Road/Off-Road): 80 km/h / 50 km/h
  • Notes: The latest of SolForce's line of main battle tanks, the 'General Williams' is the spearhead of SolForce's armored forces. Always forming the head of any assault, the 'General Williams' has proven itself as a capable weapon system. The A9 variant is the first tank to be armed with an electromotive cannon instead of an Electrothermal Chemical-Triple Coaxial Plasma Igniter (ETC-TCPI) cannon. This allows it to not only throw incredibly powerful projectiles with ease -allowing it to have the most powerful non-naval gun in the world- with a comparatively immense ammo capacity thus allowing it to stay in the field longer. The four man crew are located in the hull with the turret being completely automated.
  • Name: C1
  • Type: Corvette
  • Mission: Littoral Combat and Ship Escort
  • Mass: 4,000 tons
  • Dimensions:
    • Length (Waterline): 125m
    • Length (Overall): 130m
    • Beam (Waterline): 20m
    • Beam (Overall): 22m
    • Draft (Waterline): 4.25m
    • Height (Overall): 6.5m
  • Motive System: Water Jet
    • Main Belt: SolForce Light Vessel Armor Composite (alloyed and non alloyed metal foams, carbon nanotubes, diamond weaves, mango ceramics, polysilicate alloys, molybdenum polyalloy), 140mm
    • Upper Belt: SolForce Light Vessel Armor Composite (alloyed and non alloyed metal foams, carbon nanotubes, diamond weaves, mango ceramics, polysilicate alloys, molybdenum polyalloy), 70mm
    • End Belts: SolForce Light Vessel Armor Composite (alloyed and non alloyed metal foams, carbon nanotubes, diamond weaves, mango ceramics, polysilicate alloys, molybdenum polyalloy), 30mm
    • Deck Belt: SolForce Light Vessel Armor Composite (alloyed and non alloyed metal foams, carbon nanotubes, diamond weaves, mango ceramics, polysilicate alloys, molybdenum polyalloy), 60mm
    • Superstructure Belt: SolForce Light Vessel Armor Composite (alloyed and non alloyed metal foams, carbon nanotubes, diamond weaves, mango ceramics, polysilicate alloys, molybdenum polyalloy), 70mm
    • Main Gun Turrets (Fore/Sides/Top/Barrette or Hoist):
      • Main Guns: SolForce Light Vessel Armor Composite (alloyed and non alloyed metal foams, carbon nanotubes, diamond weaves, mango ceramics, polysilicate alloys, molybdenum polyalloy), 120mm/80mm/40mm/0mm
      • Secondary Guns: SolForce Light Vessel Armor Composite (alloyed and non alloyed metal foams, carbon nanotubes, diamond weaves, mango ceramics, polysilicate alloys, molybdenum polyalloy), 80mm/60mm/30mm/0mm
  • Armament:
    • Battery 1/Main Guns: 2x 76.2mm L/70 SolForce Armaments ETC-TCPI Ship Autocannon (1x Fore, 1x Rear; -5 to +85 degrees elevation with 65 degrees per second elevation rate, 270 degree firing arc with 75 degree per second traverse speed)
    • Battery 2/Secondary Guns: 4x 150mm L/80 SolForce Armaments Electron Pulse Laser Cannons (1x Fore superfiring, 1x Rear superfiring, 1x Port deck, 1x Starboard deck; -7 to +90 degrees elevation with 80 degree per second elevation rate, 200 degree firing arc with 90 degree per second traverse speed)
    • Missile Bay 1: 1x 48-cell Missile VLS with 305mm quad-pack missile cells (between forward main gun and forward secondary pulse laser cannon)
    • Missile Bay 2: 1x 48-cell Missile VLS with 305mm quad-pack missile cells, 4x twin-pack 533mm VLS cells (between rear main gun and rear secondary pulse laser cannon)
    • Torpedo Tube Set 1: 2x 5-tube 533mm torpedo racks (1x port side, 1x starboard side)
    • Helicopter Group: 3x Intermeshing Rotor Anti-Submarine helicopters deployed from center hanger and helicopter pad
    • Countermeasures: 4x 12-tube chaff-flare launchers with reloading capability, 2x sensor decoy launchers, 2x 16-tube torpedo countermeasure launchers
  • Electronics:
    • Communications: SolForce White Section Small Blue Navy Communications Suite Mk 2
    • Sensors: SolForce White Section Standard Blue Navy Sensor Suite Mk 2
    • Electronic Warfare: SolForce White Section Standard Blue Navy Electronic Warfare Suite Mk 2
  • Top Speed (Top/Cruise): 45 knots/20 knots
  • Notes: A small ship with a powerful bite, the C1 class is SolForce's first in-house corvette design. Used for littoral and escort duties, the C1 is considered a decent warship. The C1 class all have a crew of 55 men thanks to the extensive automation. With their low operating and construction costs, the C1 is one of the most recognized naval vessels in the seven seas.
  • Name: Orion Smalls class Super Carrier
  • Type: Super Carrier
  • Mission: Fleet Command, Power Projection
  • Mass: 150,000 tons
  • Dimensions:
    • Length (Waterline): 350m
    • Length (Overall): 360m
    • Beam (Waterline): 50m
    • Beam (Overall): 65m
    • Draft (Waterline): 14m
    • Height (Overall): 22m
  • Motive System: Water Jet/Conventional Screw hybrid system
    • Main Belt: SolForce Light Vessel Armor Composite (alloyed and non alloyed metal foams, carbon nanotubes, diamond weaves, mango ceramics, polysilicate alloys, molybdenum polyalloy), 320mm
    • Upper Belt: SolForce Light Vessel Armor Composite (alloyed and non alloyed metal foams, carbon nanotubes, diamond weaves, mango ceramics, polysilicate alloys, molybdenum polyalloy), 240mm
    • End Belts: SolForce Light Vessel Armor Composite (alloyed and non alloyed metal foams, carbon nanotubes, diamond weaves, mango ceramics, polysilicate alloys, molybdenum polyalloy), 60mm
    • Main Gun Turrets (Fore/Sides/Top/Barrette or Hoist):
      • Main Guns/Battery 1: SolForce Light Vessel Armor Composite (alloyed and non alloyed metal foams, carbon nanotubes, diamond weaves, mango ceramics, polysilicate alloys, molybdenum polyalloy), 120mm/80mm/40mm/0mm
      • Secondary Guns/Battery 2: SolForce Light Vessel Armor Composite (alloyed and non alloyed metal foams, carbon nanotubes, diamond weaves, mango ceramics, polysilicate alloys, molybdenum polyalloy), 80mm/60mm/30mm/0mm
      • Trinary Guns/Battery 3: SolForce Light Vessel Armor Composite (alloyed and non alloyed metal foams, carbon nanotubes, diamond weaves, mango ceramics, polysilicate alloys, molybdenum polyalloy), 80mm/60mm/30mm/0mm
    • Deck: SolForce Light Vessel Armor Composite (alloyed and non alloyed metal foams, carbon nanotubes, diamond weaves, mango ceramics, polysilicate alloys),
    • Superstructure: SolForce Light Vessel Armor Composite (alloyed and non alloyed metal foams, carbon nanotubes, diamond weaves, mango ceramics, polysilicate alloys),
    • Battery 1/Main Guns: 4x two-gun 127mm L/60 SolForce Armaments ETC-TCPI dual-purpose automatic blue navy cannon (1x Fore Port-Fore, 1x Fore Starboard-Fore, 1x Aft Port-Aft, 1x Aft Starboard-Aft; -12 to +85 degree elevation range with 65 degree per second elevation rate, 270 degree rotation range with 60 degrees per second traverse rate)
    • Battery 2/Secondary Guns: 8x 60mm L/100 SolForce Armaments ETC-TCPI CIWS in CIWS mounts (1x Port-Fore, 1x Starboard-Fore, 1x Port-Aft, 1x Starboard-Aft, 2x Port amidships, 2x Starboard admidships; -15 to +90 degree elevation range with 65 degree per second elevation rate, 180 degree rotation range with 90 degrees per second traverse rate)
    • Battery 3/Trinary Guns: 4x 150mm pulse electron lasers in CIWS mount (1x Aft Port-Fore, 1x Aft Starboard-Fore, 1x Fore Port-Aft, 1x Fore Starboard-Aft; -5 to +85 degree elevation range with 65 degree per second elevation rate, 180 degree rotation range with 90 degrees per second traverse rate)
    • Missile Bank 1: 4x 12-tube 305mm self-reloading box launcher for ADATS style multi-role missiles (1x Port-Fore, 1x Starboard-Fore, 1x Port-Aft, 1x Starboard-Aft)
    • Missile Bay 1: 1x 2-cell 762mm VLS
    • Air Squadron 1: 24x FA-03 Multi-role fighters, 2x CAT-01A2 Carrier Fuel Tankers, 2x EWA-01A4 'Skyeye' AWACS craft
    • Air Squadron 2: 24x CB-02 Naval bombers, 2x CAT-01A2 Carrier Fuel Tankers, 2x EWA-01A4 Skyeye AWACS craft
    • Air Squadron 3: 24x F-02A5 fighters, 2x CAT-01A2 Carrier Fuel Tankers, 2x EWA-01A4 Skyeye AWACS craft
    • Air Squadron 4: 24x EWF-01A5 Electronic Warfare Fighters, 2x CAT-01A2 Carrier Fuel Tankers, 2x EWA-01A4 Skyeye AWACS craft
    • Helicopter Group 1: 12x Intermesh rotor anti-submarine/ship helicopters, 12x Coaxial Rotor multi-role helicopters
    • Countermeasures: 8x Chaff-Flare countermeasure launchers, 4x sensor decoy launchers, 4x torpedo decoy launchers
  • Electronics:
    • Communications: SolForce White Section Standard Capital Blue Navy Communications Suite Mk 2
    • Sensors: SolForce White Section Carrier Sensor Array Suite Mk 2
    • Electronic Warfare: SolForce Carrier Electronic Warfare Array Suite Mk 2
  • Top Speed (Top/Cruise): 40 knots/20 knots
  • Notes: This is the most powerful blue navy ship within SolForce, and the second largest warship afloat. With thousands calling the ship their home, the Orion Smalls class is the epitome of 'super carrier'. Well defended with it's initial armaments, it can defend itself rather handily in a pinch, but it's main weapon is it's immense air group of 136 aircraft. With it's powerful sensor array, it can detect any surface vessel to it's horizon and send that data to other ships in the network.
__
Also, here are some other templates that I've been working on:

• Name:
  • Type:
  • Mission:
  • Mass:
  • Wing/Rotor Type:
  • Dimensions:
    • Body Length:
    • Body Width:
    • Body Height:
    • Wingspan:
  • Armament:
    • Gun Rack/Pod:
    • Internal Ordinance Bay 1:
    • Internal Ordinance Bay 2:
    • Internal Ordinance Bay 3:
    • Internal Ordinance Bay 4:
    • External Ordinance Rack 1:
    • External Ordinance Rack 2:
    • External Ordinance Rack 3:
    • External Ordinance Rack 4:
    • External Ordinance Rack 5:
    • External Ordinance Rack 6:
    • Countermeasures:
  • Power Plant:
  • Electronics:
    • Communications:
    • Sensors:
    • Electronic Warfare:
      • Electronic:
      • Decoy:
  • Speed (Top/Cruise):
  • Notes:
  • Name:
  • Type:
  • Mission:
  • Mass:
  • Motive Type:
  • Power Plant:
  • Dimensions:
    • Body Length:
    • Body Width:
    • Body Height:
    • Ground Clearance:
  • Armament:
    • Battery 1/Main Guns:
    • Battery 3/Trinary Guns:
    • Battery 4:
    • Battery 5:
    • Battery 6:
    • Missile Set 1:
    • Missile Set 2:
    • Missile Set 3:
    • Missile Set 4:
    • Aircraft Squadron 1:
    • Aircraft Squadron 2:
    • Aircraft Squadron 3:
    • Aircraft Squadron 4:
  • Electronics:
    • Communications:
    • Sensors:
    • Electronic Warfare:
  • Notes:

Last edited:
@bluepencil, how are things going on your end? Is reality giving you trouble again?
I forgot that February has only 28 days instead of 30. :p I haz obligations to meet update schedules.

You'll see this start being done in March.

I forgot that February has only 28 days instead of 30. :p I haz obligations to meet update schedules.

You'll see this start being done in March.
That's alright mate, also, took on your advise and started a request dump thread... with some of my PimpMyGun designs. ;)

@Aaron Fox
Something that is three meters tall and eighteen meters long is not a goddamn minitank.:p

Also,
->infantry support mini tank
->does not carry mortars for indirect fire support whut

basetank1.PNG
Please excuse if it doesn't match your readouts just yet, this is just a prelim version and I lost track of what was in there while kitbashing.

Last edited:
@Aaron Fox
Something that is three meters tall and eighteen meters long is not a goddamn minitank.:p

Also,

basetank1.PNG
Please excuse if it doesn't match your readouts just yet, this is just a prelim version and I lost track of what was in there while kitbashing.
Well, if wikipedia is any indication, the Black Knight is 2 meters tall by itself and that doesn't have a bloody AI stuffed into it alongside all the support systems required to make the AI work (including the power plant). I made sure it didn't go past (well, not too much) the M2 Bradley in height though...

... wait, how did that one get in there? That wasn't supposed to be in there! It should only be 8 meters long, not 18!

Damn missed typos...

Well, if wikipedia is any indication, the Black Knight is 2 meters tall by itself and that doesn't have a bloody AI stuffed into it alongside all the support systems required to make the AI work (including the power plant). I made sure it didn't go past (well, not too much) the M2 Bradley in height though...

... wait, how did that one get in there? That wasn't supposed to be in there! It should only be 8 meters long, not 18!

Damn missed typos...
It's still larger than the SuperAV which is an infantry carrier.

450px-Bozen_1_%28271%29.JPG

Mass15-24 short tons
Length7.9 m
Width2.7 or 3.0 m
Height2.3 m
Crew1
Passengers8-12

The proportions I used was basically chopping the length of everything in half except the turret.

See, the problem with a standard IFV/APC and then converting it to AI use is that someone is still going to think "You know, instead of an AI why don't we just use that hull to carry more dudes/power armor instead?"

If a human can't fit, you must equip! ;)

Last edited:
It's still larger than the SuperAV which is an infantry carrier.

450px-Bozen_1_%28271%29.JPG

Mass15-24 short tons
Length7.9 m
Width2.7 or 3.0 m
Height2.3 m
Crew1
Passengers8-12

The proportions I used was basically chopping the length of everything in half except the turret.

See, the problem with a standard IFV/APC and then converting it to AI use is that someone is still going to think "You know, instead of an AI why don't we just use that hull to carry more dudes/power armor instead?"

If a human can't fit, you must equip! ;)
Well, when I was picturing it in my head, the major problem that small size on a vehicle of that weight (the Black Knight is 12 tons, this vehicle just slightly more than double that) is ground pressure, allowing a turret that can accept the elevation capability (given that newer IFVs are having AA-grade gun elevation like the Griffin 3... and they're in the same ball park as the M2) to target higher skyscraper targets (which means 85 degrees), have a respectable ammo load for the autocannon, and fitting the entire AI assembly and the powerplant that is capable of powering that and everything else is going add up. This has to go across multiple types of terrain mind you.

Also, don't believe me that newer IFVs are getting AA-grade gun elevations, the Griffin 3 would like to have a word with you (and this is a close development with the US Army mind you):
General_Dynamics_Griffin_III_new_concept_of_50mm_light_tank_at_AUSA_2018_United_States_Army_defense_exhibition_925_001.jpg

Back
Top Bottom