What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bluepencil's Weekly Free Art Requests folder

bluepencil

Indentured Artist
Author
I am bored. And since I am indentured, time not doing anything is time I could be spending writing fanfics is not really helping.

Once a week, ask from me a piece of art pro bono. :)

So who wants first dibs?

I am bored. And since I am indentured, time not doing anything is time I could be spending writing fanfics is not really helping.

Once a week, ask from me a piece of art pro bono. :)

So who wants first dibs?

Oh, oh, me! A new banner art to replace the old one, please?

Get yer free 400x400 FiC avatars here!
Oh, oh, me! A new banner art to replace the old one, please?
What banner art? The one with Frozen in Carbonite up on top for the forum?

Nah, that's something @Lord Inquisitor Adornable will have to pay for. :p It's going to take a significant amount of time to work out with multiple version tests, much more than just hobby work I could knock out in a day or two.

Nothing official please, just your personal requests. Maybe a personal cartoon, memes and shit for your fanfics and quests, etc. Nothing too complicated.

[edit]
From now on priority on 400 x 400 images with a transparent background suitable for use as a FiC avatar.

Last edited:
start looking up ways to bribe, cajole or intimidate (hah, as if!) Adornable

Could you do a silhouette of a Dugong then? Just a sillhouette, on a background. Not really comfortable using a Dewgong as my avatar. Thank you very much! Multiple bows and salutes

What banner art? The one with Frozen in Carbonite up on top for the forum?

Nah, that's something @Lord Inquisitor Adornable will have to pay for. :p It's going to take a significant amount of time to work out with multiple version tests, much more than just hobby work I could knock out in a day or two.

Nothing official please, just your personal requests. Maybe a personal cartoon, memes and shit for your fanfics and quests, etc. Nothing too complicated.
Actually I think that was somthing we were talking about, I recall asking Horton for the pixel dimensions the logo would need to abide by.

@bluepencil

I wonder, how would you feel about scifi-themed art, if I provided you with shots of 3D models of ships?
This. This is the sort of thing I most love doing. :)

(wonders if I should repost my old scifi spaceship sketches)

This. This is the sort of thing I most love doing. :)

(wonders if I should repost my old scifi spaceship sketches)
... interesting! As you may or may not know, I've been working on a Wing Commander mod for the Homeworld series of game since almost as long as you did on Shinji and WH 40k and I do have a lot of models, while people in the community have also been doing various artworks over the years. For example, we have NinjaLA's works on the old, old ships:
WC1-Bengal.png

ninjalasketch39.jpg

Or Aaron Thomas, still scenes:
carrier_deck-czacen.jpg
(he was the original designer of the mod in 2006, so I use the one above as a loading screen)
excalibur-czacen.jpg

nebula_carrier.jpg

asteroid_carrier.jpg

2010yorktown1.jpg
One of the original Wing Commander games' artists on the main character:
bluehair50.png

So, if you'd be interested, I've got models for pretty much everything and can provide you with screenshots for inspiration in various environments and backgrounds. :)
8256F8300AFE97AD0131F41F5BA6C698EC75BCE8

... interesting! As you may or may not know, I've been working on a Wing Commander mod for the Homeworld series of game since almost as long as you did on Shinji and WH 40k and I do have a lot of models, while people in the community have also been doing various artworks over the years. For example, we have NinjaLA's works on the old, old ships:
WC1-Bengal.png

ninjalasketch39.jpg
I really really love the sheer 80sness of it. Kinda makes me want to actually start painting on physical media again.

If only shipping costs weren't so prohibitive. :(

Or Aaron Thomas, still scenes:
(he was the original designer of the mod in 2006, so I use the one above as a loading screen)
Nice!

I just so happen to have a folder of Rob Cunningham and J. Aaron Kambeitz' Homeworld art here too for style inspiration.

One of the original Wing Commander games' artists on the main character:
bluehair50.png
Does not look like Luke Skywalker, boo. :whistle:

So, if you'd be interested, I've got models for pretty much everything and can provide you with screenshots for inspiration in various environments and backgrounds. :)
8256F8300AFE97AD0131F41F5BA6C698EC75BCE8
Sounds complicated. This is probably going to be something I can do only in my spare time instead of a schedule. Could you share a link to a screenshots folder?

Might be something for my sketchbook.

Last edited:
Sounds complicated. This is probably going to be something I can do only in my spare time instead of a schedule. Could you share a link to a screenshots folder?
Oh, what I meant is YOU tell me whatever you want to work on, what ships (like, fighter, cruiser, single ship, battle, whatever you feel like), what background would you feel you'd enjoy using as inspiration, and I make the screenshots for you. That one was just an example from my mod's gallery, not a recommendation for art. :p

Oh, what I meant is YOU tell me whatever you want to work on, what ships (like, fighter, cruiser, single ship, battle, whatever you feel like), what background would you feel you'd enjoy using as inspiration, and I make the screenshots for you. That one was just an example from my mod's gallery, not a recommendation for art. :p
I wanna make pen and ink drawings of ships. :p Give me references.

could you make a Kyuubi transformation of Naruko?
Here what's Kyuubi form look like on original Naruto.
424634eca00e04783cf6ae41aa8c65fa55f801e4_hq.jpg

Here's Naruko design for the look with Kyuubi chakra aura,Rasengan aka an energy ball and red eyes
naruko__eat_me_out_tonight__by_korison_dcfr40f-pre.jpg

If that is okay with you?

Last edited:
Ok, I've got all sorts of vehicles (and powered armor/armored exoskeletons) for you to work with:

The design is very utilitarian with minimal frills and aesthetics. The 'core' of the armor is a metallic composite framework (made up of various non-foam and foam metals) that makes a skeleton of sorts covered in nanotubes with the outer layer being of the 'armor' type and the inner layer -which surrounds the skeleton- being a nanotube molymer. Inside the 'skeleton' is advanced kinetic dampening foam padding designed to minimize the effectiveness of concussive blasts and various implements to utilize various functions including fully-mechanical hands and feet. The outermost armor is a series of plates made up of an armor type metallic composite (like the skeleton it utilizes non-foam and foam metals with non-metallic armor components) designed to maximize armor coverage with minimal impediments to maneuverability. The user can jump up to 15 meters in a full combat load.

The most prominent feature is a detachable backpack that houses various mission-based systems including E-War equipment, a 'squad/platoon level' Future Warrior system, extended power packs, ammo packs for long-duration suppressing fire with LMGs, an external power pack for 'rapid fire' laser weapons, tube attachments for various MANPADs and SMAW style recoiless rifles/RPGs, and a thermo-optic cammo system with standard armament attachment points, the basic power pack (which can last 12 hours in combat, 18 on minimal settings, can be recharged on the fly with IFVs/APCs or extended via backpack mounted extended power packs), a 'basic' Future Warrior system, a 'Hyper Reality Visor' style short-range sensor system, and a 'basic' communications suite). It comes in various sizes like clothes (small, medium, large, X-large, etc.) to minimize problems with a 'one size fits all' approach and maximize part interchangeability.

If you have to show the soldier with a weapon, you can use the SolForce Pulse Laser Rifle with extra power cells and thermal clip magazines:
dcy0eqa-c5adfff8-4877-4a46-a62e-fb8b414b46d9.png

... or the SolForce electric ignition 'Burst' Rifle (basically, a M41 Pulse Rifle on steroids and is able to accept both standard and 'hypervelocity' ammunition) with extra magazines:
dcta3kl-dcf9a0d8-4a39-421f-9fed-c895ecb7c639.png

The PA(L) itself only masses 450 kilograms without the mass of the user or the equipment loadout and can carry itself and half again it's own weight (225kg) with ease thanks to the nanotube molymers. Users enter the rear of the armor (which has the back open to the side to allow egress/ingress) and simply slide in. This is different from the heavier power armor which forces the user to come in from the top.
The basic concept is the 'Black Knight' drone but taken to basically 'mini Bolo' levels.
hbl1KXd.jpg

(the 'Black Knight' drone which influenced the creation of the AGI-driven drone)​

The weapon system -called the 'Alpha class Rumbler'- is a stout little modular vehicle capable of taking numerous support roles. It can be basically the equivalent of an assault gun/mini-Terminator with a 45mm autocannon (or a 5cm 'burst-fire' pulse laser cannon) and trainable hardpoints for missile (usually thermobolic or HE versions of ATGMs, all of which have N-LOS capability) or rocket pods (which usually consist of 240mm Thermobolic/HE/HE-Frag rockets), it can be a mechanical mule that can also charge power packs, an Avenger-style AA system, a MEDVAC system, an ATGM carrier (with N-LOS capability), or an infantry mortar system (using a gun-mortar version of the 160mm mortar that can be reloaded externally).

The reason that this thing hasn't taken over the battlefield is the basic requirements of AGIs (nothing less will do unless you want a human basically ass-hugging the thing in combat) being quantum computers and at least three months in the AI Crèche. It's basic armor allows it to withstand 25mm APHE autocannon on the front and sides with 15mm HMG/autocannon in the back and various mission packages allow it to resist most widely available RPGs/Recoiless Rifles from the front and the mid-tier RPGs/Recoiless Rifles from the sides. It is a bit wider and taller than the 'Black Knight' drone-tank that influenced it, but that is mostly due to the sophisticated quantum computer and hydrogen cell power plant. It's max speed outside of the 'mini-Terminator' setup is 35km/h, with the 'mini-Terminator' package decreasing it to 30km/h. Thanks to a combination of metallurgy and technology, the maximum mass of the vehicle is no more than 25 tons.

More requests for you @bluepencil MORE REQUESTS!

SolForce is always forced to go practically anywhere on Earth and beyond, and it was always in desperate need of vehicles to ensure that it can fight in all the conditions presented. Problem was, it didn't have the manpower or resources to develop their own equipment and was forced to copy or buy equipment from the various Fed-Cons and Meg-Corps. One of the first weapon systems that SolForce designed for itself by itself is the MacKenzie Calvary Tank, designed and tested on Luna, Mars, and various environs on Earth. It is a modular weapon system, designed to have it's chassis used for numerous other systems with ease.

It is powered by a high-powered hydrogen fuel cell powered a hybrid-electric drive train, which gives it an immense power to weight ratio and the ability to basically work on airless moons and planets alongside the mists of Titan and the numerous terrain types of Earth. The basic armor of the MacKenzie is a light composite armor made up of foam metals, non-foam metals, advanced regular and metallic ceramics, and other non-metal layers that is able to resist anything less than a 50mm ETC-Triple Coaxial Plasma Igniter cannon from the front. Despite it's 25 ton mass, it can book it at 90km/h on road and up to 65km/h off road. With modern New World Era technology, it can be simply pushed off a paradrop aircraft or fitted into a drop pod with ease.

It's main armament is a weapon pair, with a 60mm ETC-Triple Coaxial Plasma Igniter cannon Mk1 (only capable of utilizing HE, S-HE-F, EFP, and HEAT rounds) and two quad 254mm missile pods. The rest of the armament is made up of 20mm ETC-Triple Coaxial Plasma Igniter autocannon in coaxial and RWS mounts.

Size wise it's a slightly wider and longer Sheridan.

Sorry for being out of contact. :( My PC borked, had to replace motherboard and PSU.

For now...

@t-dugong , I see you've replaced your avatar. Apologies for being so slow.

But since you don't show up in the Carbonite Cafe, have a face avatar in that style anyway?

dugong.png

Mind making artwork of The Shrike (Hyperion Cantos dating Homura Akemi (PMMM)?

Blame my friend, @Nurgle Tank for this strange idea.
He is not good enough for mah waifu. :mad:

More seriously, it's more hilarious to me to visualize Homura being wooed by this creature who hangs about the Tree of Pain constantly bringing inappropriate gifts.

Ok, I've got all sorts of vehicles (and powered armor/armored exoskeletons) for you to work with:
Minibolo is fine. I'm going to have to mess around with the PA/L design because forward bending human legs simply are not designed for tall 15-meter leaps. Large carry load, high mobility or humaniform design. Pick two. :p

Seriously though, we can talk about this for hours. I love shit like this too.

could you make a Kyuubi transformation of Naruko?
Here what's Kyuubi form look like on original Naruto.

Here's Naruko design for the look with Kyuubi chakra aura,Rasengan aka an energy ball and red eyes

If that is okay with you?

-> request to draw cute girl
-> FLAGGED [HIGHEST PRIORITY]

Sorry for being out of contact. :( My PC borked, had to replace motherboard and PSU.

For now...
Ouch...
Minibolo is fine. I'm going to have to mess around with the PA/L design because forward bending human legs simply are not designed for tall 15-meter leaps. Large carry load, high mobility or humaniform design. Pick two. :p
Human-form design, large load capacity, replace the leaps with long-duration sprints ala the Patton class power armor from the game Section 8.

Back
Top Bottom