What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra

Agreed, like the first series, the second one not so much, it became to modern with everything like cars, plans and such.
For me, modernizing the setting just didn't work because of the lack of firearms. You'd think someone would have invented them, especially someone like Amon. (Speaking of which, was I the only one who hated that his whole character was a giant lie? He'd have been much more interesting if he never had any connection with the Gaang and really did get his power from the spirits. But in a cool way- not a dark avatar nonsense. Dear god that plot was dumb, as was the name)

That and the idea of using lighting bending to generate power just seems ludicrously inefficient. That and metal bending being well known. To me, metal bending was always something that was doomed to be ludicrously overpowered even in the orgional series. Even without going full Magneto. I personally would have had Toph die before she can pass the knowledge of the power on.

I like the line Varik said about, 'Never let the facts get in the way of a good story, kid!' In fact that entire char and his assistant made my day. "Do the thing!" What was the assistant's name? I'm thinking it sounds like 'Julie.'

I'm ambivalent about Varik. I think they over used him a little too much. His zaniness got annoying with too much exposure.
True. The enterprising businessman with eccentricity has been overdone. More exposure for his competent assistant. I felt like he was mainly to get Asami back on track as a businesswoman and engineer.

Back
Top Bottom