What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Asking a question - Is this a violation of any rules of FiC and if so, to whom should I report it?

t-dugong

Beach bum, Esq.
I have a problem with a couple of Morphile's post lately. In the two posts he stated that he would like to enact changes to Islam (his exact words was 'ram it down their throats). Not to change the minds of extremists, but to ram his ideals straight into all Muslims (he did put the qualifier fundamentalist before muslims in his post.

I attach his posts regarding this in the spoilers below:

You mean like ISIS, which utilizes religious scripture excerpts to justify a lot of atrocities and operates under widely-recognized religious laws, mostly just being considerably more hardass with them rather than adding new bullshit? And I did specify the characteristics of American protestantism I was wanting rammed down Islam's throat, the fractious and easily sect-forming nature, not the different, less outright dangerous, sort of fundamentalism. The reduction in threat comes from essentially making the Sunni/Shiite thing less violent and vastly more fragmented, so they're too busy arguing over the exact details to form a huge block of violent fundamentalists.

Hell, what I want to happen to Islam is pretty much the same, having an Islamic equivalent of American protistantism (a religion too localized and fragmented, highly permissive of further localizing and fragmentation as well as sect formation, to form a truly threatening fundamentalist group from) rammed down the throat of every fundamentalist Muslim on the planet. Keep the general religion, utterly obliterate actually following through with the Dark Ages bullshit the book quite directly advocates for, because it was, in fact, a Dark Ages work.

Does this constitue a violation of the rules of this board? If so, I would like to lodge a complaint and leave it to you guys to decide what to do. If not, I am sorry for bothering you guys and I will desist in engaging him on this topic as I do not believe I can hold a civil discussion with Morphile on this topic.

Morphile has been too vague here for me to decide if or if not it's acceptable. He seems to be promoting the idea of some form of change in Islam? Rather then advocating for violence and mass murder against Muslims, until he goes for the latter, I'm on the edge about banning him.

Morphile has been too vague here for me to decide if or if not it's acceptable. He seems to be promoting the idea of some form of change in Islam? Rather then advocating for violence and mass murder against Muslims, until he goes for the latter, I'm on the edge about banning him.

Ok, thank you for your answer, @Horton. I guess I'll just try not to interact with him overmuch. Sorry if I bothered you.

Honestly, if you where concerned about something or somethinh, why didn't yoh just use the report button, or discuss it via PM with Horton or one of his staff?

Honestly, if you where concerned about something or somethinh, why didn't yoh just use the report button, or discuss it via PM with Horton or one of his staff?

Because I'm not sure if this is a violation of the rules and I don't want to make fraudulent reports and I didn't think of a PM.

Because I'm not sure if this is a violation of the rules and I don't want to make fraudulent reports and I didn't think of a PM.
A fraudulent report would have been if you knew for sure that there was no room for one. But in this case ? You might not have been sure, but you had doubts, so a report wasn't unwarranted. Then, if it appears like you were simply misunderstanding the posts in question, well, the staff would simply ignore the report, that all.

A fraudulent report would have been if you knew for sure that there was no room for one. But in this case ? You might not have been sure, but you had doubts, so a report wasn't unwarranted. Then, if it appears like you were simply misunderstanding the posts in question, well, the staff would simply ignore the report, that all.

Thank you for your explaination, @Chatokay. Most appreciated. :)

Back
Top Bottom