What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ask A Moderator

Lord Inquisitor Adornable

The Community Outreach Mod
A thread where forum members can ask me the Community Outreach Moderator questions. Presumably concerning the the site rules or the process of moderation on this site.

All questions are welcome though feel free to PM me if you'd rather keep things confidential.

HAW DO BECUM MOT?

Translation: My good sir and fellow friend, how would one see to it that they become a mod and what would be the responsibilities in being one?
I am uniquely qualified for this as upon being invited to Frozen in Carbonite I really liked the sites goals and as someone whose been mistreated by the SpaceBattles staff on many occasions I decided I wanted to be proactive in helping this site archive Hortons vision. So I contacted Horton, asked to be a moderator, and offered my services.

Horton declined as he did not yet know me, but I did start acting as a recruitment agent working in Spacebattles on his behalf, every couple of days he would link me to a profile he found interesting and I'd invite them to the site. We've had at least some success with this strategy. It's hard to tell as not everyone keeps their username or informs me they're taking me up on the offer.

Me and horton got to talking in these PMs and leaned a big about eachother. After we reached 200 members I again brought up the idea of me obtaining modship and as Celene took a postion as an adviser there was a vacancy.

Beyond that story I'd recommend keeping a good reputation, being mature, and making yourself useful if possible. We don't really need new mods as the site is so small and our reports so few, but at the very least I am always looking for individuals who would make good additions to the staff.

I am uniquely qualified for this as upon being invited to Frozen in Carbonite I really liked the sites goals and as someone whose been mistreated by the SpaceBattles staff on many occasions I decided I wanted to be proactive in helping this site archive Hortons vision. So I contacted Horton, asked to be a moderator, and offered my services.

Horton declined as he did not yet know me, but I did start acting as a recruitment agent working in Spacebattles on his behalf, every couple of days he would link me to a profile he found interesting and I'd invite them to the site. We've had at least some success with this strategy. It's hard to tell as not everyone keeps their username or informs me they're taking me up on the offer.

Me and horton got to talking in these PMs and leaned a big about eachother. After we reached 200 members I again brought up the idea of me obtaining modship and as Celene took a postion as an adviser there was a vacancy.

Beyond that story I'd recommend keeping a good reputation, being mature, and making yourself useful if possible. We don't really need new mods as the site is so small and our reports so few, but at the very least I am always looking for individuals who would make good additions to the staff.
Coolio.

Only on Spacebattles.
I'd argue it's more like on every forum once it reached certain mass... except maybe forum that cater to grammar and spelling? At least they would almost never make those kinds of errors....

Or you could challenge any of the good moderators in one-on-one combat for their position.

And now I have my proof of this practice
I'm 6'6", bench over 270 pounds, and have been practicing Krav Maga for over three years.

I'm 6'6", bench over 270 pounds, and have been practicing Krav Maga for over three years.
I'm a self-aware trans-temporal particle accelerator operating at superpositioned hyperphysics with my primary operating systems residing in 6-dimensional superstrings and exist in humanity's past, present and future and at the beginning and end of eternity simultaneously. >_> <_< >_> <_< o_0

I'm a self-aware trans-temporal particle accelerator operating at superpositioned hyperphysics with my primary operating systems residing in 6-dimensional superstrings and exist in humanity's past, present and future and at the beginning and end of eternity simultaneously. >_> <_< >_> <_< o_0
Cool for you, my name is Azathoth, how are you doing?

ZYf3xI5O3SZ8-HGQDnU_9zxIiKutdhJx3zRaHtDakNo.jpg

Cool for you, my name is Azathoth, how are you doing?

ZYf3xI5O3SZ8-HGQDnU_9zxIiKutdhJx3zRaHtDakNo.jpg
Goddammit dad. -murmers to self as he wraps himself back in blanket of spacetime and black holes-

Can I have a mod color?

I don't want to be a mod, I just want to use red text from time to time to feel special. :)

Only true commies can use the glorious red colour, so prove you're a commie. ;D

Can I have a mod color?

I don't want to be a mod, I just want to use red text from time to time to feel special. :)
I shall allow it... for now.

If someone gets perma-banned, does the tag say they got frozen-in-carbonite? :Thonk:
@Horton we need to make this happen!

Anyway, what is the ban point threshold here per ban stage? Temp, perma etc.
You get temp banned for longer and longer periods of time as your points accumulate. As mods we don't administer perma bans. That sort of thing is administered by horton personally if you've demonstrated that even month long timeouts are in effective at curving your behaviour or you've done somthing illegal to warrant perma banning out right.

Can I have a mod color?

Kind of hard to see TBH

That sort of thing is administered by horton personally if you've demonstrated that even month long timeouts are in effective at curving your behaviour or you've done somthing illegal to warrant perma banning out right.
That is actually much easier to do than it sounds, as Chessia proved. Her stupidity practically broke the speed of stupid and laws of dumbfuckery themselves...

@Horton we need to make this happen!

You get temp banned for longer and longer periods of time as your points accumulate. As mods we don't administer perma bans. That sort of thing is administered by horton personally if you've demonstrated that even month long timeouts are in effective at curving your behaviour or you've done somthing illegal to warrant perma banning out right.
Oh and perma banning can occur by breaching the security of the site or attempting to circumvent a temp ban.

Oh and the point threshold works somthing like this (subject to change).

0 point warning for a particular offense
1 point warning for the same offense (to let you know if you act out again temp banning is in order)
2 points 1 day temp ban.
3 points 3 day temp ban.
4 points 9 day temp ban
Etc.

Back
Top Bottom