What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Artificial Insemination and Lesbian Couples in France.

Jakarta

Cutest Mod

What? France does not allow lesbian couples for artificial insemination? good on Macron to propose a bill eliminating that though.

@Rufus Shinra, @Chatokay, any nuance or inside knowledge you might bring in?

Jakarta: My understanding was that the original bill that permits the denial of IVF was less of a 'fuck homosexuals' bill, and more of a population control bill that happened to be bad for homosexuals.

Anyway, France's medical insurance won't pay for it, and hospitals can deny it if they so choose. Nothing is stopping them from going to a for-money non-state run hospital, for example in the USA or other countries with private health care, to do it... but state run hospitals in France cannot perform IVF without a man willing to be the legal father.

Also, frankly, in France... homosexual rights are kinda shit.

Last edited:

What? France does not allow lesbian couples for artificial insemination? good on Macron to propose a bill eliminating that though.

@Rufus Shinra, @Chatokay, any nuance or inside knowledge you might bring in?

I'm not sure I can add much, this topic isn't one where I am personally concerned. But yes, actually PMA is only allowed for heterosexual couples, that are married or can prove they live together.
To try to summarise, PMA is France is allowed if there is a medical issue that prevent a couple to have children, which is why single woman and same-sex couples don't have access to it, as their condition isn't a medical one.
Now, I of course agree with the proposed changes.

Now, I of course agree with the proposed changes.
As long as it allows LGBT to have as much access to IVF as cis-couples... I don't remember accurately I'd have to go re-read it.

I don't see why tax payer money should be spent so lesbian couples can have children without fathers. If they're prepared for the lifelong responsibility of parenthood then they can put in the leg work to find a man to impregnate one of them.

I don't see why tax payer money should be spent so lesbian couples can have children without fathers. If they're prepared for the lifelong responsibility of parenthood then they can put in the leg work to find a man to impregnate one of them.
Well, by your logic why should I, as a single cat, pay so an hetero couple can have children ? What you don't seem to understand is the principle of solidarity here. This lesbian couple you whine about having to pay so they can have a child ? They are paying so you can get free (to use) or affordable medical care, or for the roads you use to be in good shape, etc.

You mean tax payer money from fat cats and corporations? They're hardly people.

Well, by your logic why should I, as a single cat, pay so an hetero couple can have children ?
Becomes presumably there is some sort of medical issue that prevents that couple from conceiving. Health insurance covers medical expenses. Choosing to be in a homosexual relationship is a lifestyle decision. One I respect, but don't think deserves special treatment.

Becomes presumably there is some sort of medical issue that prevents that couple from conceiving.
Again, why would I pay tax for them, and not for a lesbian couple ? Neither are my problem after all, so since I'm willing to pay taxes for one, why should I refuse for the others ? Why the double standard here ?
Health insurance covers medical expenses.
Taxes is what allow everyone here to have access to medical treatment, health insurance allow you you to have more comfort.

Choosing to be in a homosexual relationship is a lifestyle decision. One I respect, but don't think deserves special treatment.
Then what's the problem ? They won't get special treatment, they will get equal treatment. The special treatment is what they got now.

Why don't these lesbians just adopt an orphan or even one of those Syrian refugees?
Before discovering the internet, I would have thought that the French simply looked downed on all non-French.
After discovering the internet and talking to some French people, I discovered that the French would take in the non-French. They would be absorbed into the French and no longer be non-French but French.

At this moment I learnt that the world would be [conquered] either by an American with a gun or a Frenchman with a baguette.

In conclusion the French are the Borg

Last edited:
Before discovering the internet, I would have thought that the French simply looked downed on all non-French.
After discovering the internet and talking to some French people, I discovered that the French would take in the non-French. They would be absorbed into the French and no longer be non-French but French.

At this moment I learnt that the world would be united either by an American with a gun or a Frenchman with a baguette.

In conclusion the French are the Borg
Résistance is futile. Lay down your nationalistic shields. Your culinary advancements and linguistic developments will be adopted to serve us.

Again, why would I pay tax for them, and not for a lesbian couple ? Neither are my problem after all, so since I'm willing to pay taxes for one, why should I refuse for the others ? Why the double standard here
Becouse your society has collectively agreed to spend public funds on proving healthcare to all citizens. If a woman has defective ovaries and needs a fertilized egg implanted because she's biologically incapable of becoming pregnant that's completely different to a gay woman refusing to find a man, adopt a child, or just pay for this operation with her own funds.

You act like being gay is some sort of crippling disability instead of just a sexual preference.

If a woman has defective ovaries and needs a fertilized egg implanted because she's biologically incapable of becoming pregnant that's completely different to a gay woman refusing to find a man, adopt a child, or just pay for this operation with her own funds.
What prevent this woman with defective ovaries to adopt a child, or to pay for this operation with her own fund ? Again, by your logic I should not have to pay taxes for either of them. That would be a valid argument in the US, but not here.

You act like being gay is some sort of crippling disability instead of just a sexual preference.
Not at all, but in both cases nobody is forcing them to have a child, it is a choice they are making.

Résistance is futile. Lay down your nationalistic shields. Your culinary advancements and linguistic developments will be adopted to serve us.
A Frenchman should know that Resistance is never futile.

Becouse your society has collectively agreed to spend public funds on proving healthcare to all citizens. If a woman has defective ovaries and needs a fertilized egg implanted because she's biologically incapable of becoming pregnant that's completely different to a gay woman refusing to find a man, adopt a child, or just pay for this operation with her own funds.

How is a couple where the man is sterile or impotent any different from two women? In both cases the one wanting to give birth can do so, but their partner cannot cause them to.

Against us? It is. Look at yourself in a mirror: you already have a bérêt on your head from talking to me. Embrace the craving for a cassoulet or a couscous and join us in the tasty side of the Force.
Hah, joke's on you. I was raised in an Italian family and exposed to the True Best Cuisine.

Ok, see, this is how I know you aren't actually Carl Benjamin. I mean, trying to impersonate someone that has spoken out against laws that appear to discriminate in general by... praising an unjust law that discriminates is not a good idea. Like, you've gotten the manner of speaking right but the actual things you're pushing aren't the positions he says he holds.

Ok, see, this is how I know you aren't actually Carl Benjamin. I mean, trying to impersonate someone that has spoken out against laws that appear to discriminate in general by... praising an unjust law that discriminates is not a good idea. Like, you've gotten the manner of speaking right but the actual things you're pushing aren't the positions he says he holds.
Who?

Back
Top Bottom