What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Articles 11 and 13 Have Passed

Ironically enough, no one will notice this up and until companies like Facebook or Youtube pulls out of EU and their service becomes unavailable.

This gets no attention in media here, they focus more on the fact EU will end the winter-summer time change, or debate whether to support sanctions against Russia (as far as outside EU relations go, or sanction against Hungary (as far as inside EU relations go)

God bless capitalism

It was lefties pulling for it where UKIP and the Greens both had people protesting it at the EU headquarters. Like Sargon and Dankula.

Ironically enough, no one will notice this up and until companies like Facebook or Youtube pulls out of EU and their service becomes unavailable.

This gets no attention in media here, they focus more on the fact EU will end the winter-summer time change, or debate whether to support sanctions against Russia (as far as outside EU relations go, or sanction against Hungary (as far as inside EU relations go)

Oh don't worry, it'll be more than just facebook and youtube.

The last time shit like this was passed fucking google pulled out. Their entire news service gone.

Oh don't worry, it'll be more than just facebook and youtube.

The last time shit like this was passed fucking google pulled out. Their entire news service gone.
Of course. But my point it people won't really realize it until exactly that happens.

EU law is mostly viewed as a regulation on curvature of pickles here, or definition of butter, or similar, or as cushion job for discarded politicians, or on more serious note, or an forum on which politicians say how much they hate Russians. But Internet law isn't something that local companies can play dodgeball with.

Private companies can force people to pay for linking to their content?

Correct, you want to know who's advocating against said link tax?

Pretty much every corporation with a brain. There are some that are pushing for it, but they are really small. Honestly, I can't think of a single industry this actually helps.

Pretty much every corporation with a brain. There are some that are pushing for it, but they are really small. Honestly, I can't think of a single industry this actually helps.

Shit, I guess the EU is just putting in far stricter copyright, not because they want to support private enterprise, but just to be awful.

The Eurosceptics really were right!

Btw you can prove the breakdown of corporate support for and against was predominately against, I assume.

Shit, I guess the EU is just putting in far stricter copyright, not because they want to support private enterprise, but just to be awful.

The Eurosceptics really were right!

Btw you can prove the breakdown of corporate support for and against was predominately against, I assume.

And I assume you can prove that it helps corporations more than it hurts I assume?

Because it's a copyright law intended to allow companies to sue for copyright.

Pretty self evident its intent is to support private companies.

And murders their ability to get any views on their stuff.

Because no one is linking to it.

And I assume you can prove that it helps corporations more than it hurts I assume?
Sometimes hurting industries is a really good thing for larger entities.

Look at Nazi Germany and Japan, Most of the big german companies, and the Japanese Zaibatsus supported their governments while openly being aware how economically disastrous their policies may have been, because they were aware that inside of a Closed Nazi europe economy, or a Japanese Asian Sphere these already massive entities would be the only ones to weather the uncoming storm, thus hurting them in the short run, but giving them almost total Government supported national monopolies.

Similiarly, someone could make the argument that this might hurt pretty much anyone with a hand in user generated internet content at this point, which is everybody, it also essentially creates a strict upper limit on what companies can take a slice of the user generated internet pie.

Sometimes hurting industries is a really good thing for larger entities.

Look at Nazi Germany and Japan, Most of the big german companies, and the Japanese Zaibatsus supported their governments while openly being aware how economically disastrous their policies may have been, because they were aware that inside of a Closed Nazi europe economy, or a Japanese Asian Sphere these already massive entities would be the only ones to weather the uncoming storm, thus hurting them in the short run, but giving them almost total Government supported national monopolies.

Similiarly, someone could make the argument that this might hurt pretty much anyone with a hand in user generated internet content at this point, which is everybody, it also essentially creates a strict upper limit on what companies can take a slice of the user generated internet pie.

Except that it hurts everyone. Not just user generated content, but if you can't even link to news stories then said news organizations die. That's why the law was repealed after being passed in the other countries it's been tried it, google pulling out made their revenues drop by more than 60%.

Except that it hurts everyone. Not just user generated content, but if you can't even link to news stories then said news organizations die. That's why the law was repealed after being passed in the other countries it's been tried it, google pulling out made their revenues drop by more than 60%.
i wasn't necessarily putting an argument forward as my opinion or something I believe, just simply presenting a corporate justification for taking a big hit and all that jazz.

Just because they're wrong doesn't mean its not their justification.

Back
Top Bottom