What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

US Politics American 2020 Presidential Primary

Eh, the thing is that most US presidents had been governors beforehand, and thus seen as a sort of stepping stone before becoming president.
Spending some years in Congress does help establish a positive relationship with the congressmen and women before becoming president. I remember some discussion that not having congressional experience might hinder your ability to working with Congress.

My dream duo was Steve Bullock/Cory Booker. Something that would help bring in a broad appeal for rural, suburban, and urban Americans.

Spending some years in Congress does help establish a positive relationship with the congressmen and women before becoming president. I remember some discussion that not having congressional experience might hinder your ability to working with Congress.

My dream duo was Steve Bullock/Cory Booker. Something that would help bring in a broad appeal for rural, suburban, and urban Americans.
That's my hope too, as Bullock isn't an idiot and he needs someone that was in the legislative branch to know how to give the pork out.

Given that Carter was screwed politically partially because of his feud with Ted Kennedy... and partially due to the political context he was elected in...

That shit is why we lost in 2016, both those guys give me the HRC vibes in that way
I feel the same, although not in that way. I'm just being realistic. The simple fact is that Biden continues to solidify his already-overwhelming lead over other Democrats. Fool me once, shame on you, but this time around the onus is on the base to mobilize against Trump, and if they don't, it'll be their fault. The lessons are there in stark relief to be learned, and if they are not, it'll be because of intentional ignorance on the part of the Democratic Party and at that point the only thing that will save the U.S. from itself is Balkanization...

Same problem as the Republican Primary. The things he'd have to support and agree with to win the Democratic Primary would destroy broad base support.

Why Pundits Underestimated Joe Biden - The Atlantic

Writing on the same question, Michelle Goldberg declared, "Left-wing Twitter isn't a microcosm of the Democratic Party. It's just a small, noisy fraction of it."

During a discussion I joined on Left, Right & Center, the Daily Beast columnist Keli Goff suggested another possibility. She shared that her African American family members are more enthusiastic about Biden's candidacy than she would have guessed.

She theorized that their support wasn't issue-based.

Read: Trump's allies want to Clintonize Joe Biden

"To succeed in primarily nonblack spaces––you only do it when you have really good allies," she declared. "And I think that one of the things Biden gets credit for, rightly or wrongly, is this idea of being the blue-collar white guy who helped give Obama legitimacy with some of the blue-collar, white, male voters who voted for Obama-Biden and then crossed over for Donald Trump. I think African Americans give credit for that. Especially when the Obama campaign was really struggling, not always fairly, with some of these race-baiting attacks, sending Biden out on the campaign trail to fight some of those fights made a difference."

Joe Biden plots to stamp out the competition from other 2020 democrats

Why it matters: By all accounts, Biden's strategy is working — even though his campaign isn't even a month old. And others are noticing and feeling threatened.
  • He's running like it's a general election, cresting the aura of inevitability and readiness to stare down Trump.
  • He's effectively dancing around topics like the Green New Deal, which could be a killer in the general election, and instead telling voters about the climate proposal he'll unveil as early as the end of this month.
  • He's promised to never attack a fellow Democrat. As the frontrunner, he's the one who benefits from a primary with minimal infighting.
  • Early momentum begets money, so his campaign is racing to vacuum up front-runner coin.
Just look at the way President Trump can't stop talking about Biden. Or Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and activists like the Justice Democrats, who are relishing the opportunity to attack Biden whenever possible — particularly on climate change and his policy record.

'Slow and steady' strategy pays off for Biden
Trump's Biden Plan? It Could Get Dirty.
In Pennsylvania, Joe Biden Finds Support Where He Most Needs It
Biden Faces the Front-Runner's Perils | Opinion
Bill de Blasio's ridiculous presidential bid is a gift to Joe Biden
Biden motivated by Virginia racial violence, Trump response

I'm on board with this Mayor Pete guy, particularly his not-insane foreign policy

Chuck Todd interview with Pete Buttigieg: 9:00-20:00

Too bad Trump's gonna start another infinite war and probably get reelected because of it...

Last edited:
I'm surprised metoo didn't kill Biden's career the moment he elected to run.
Given what he's been accused of( rude but oblivious=is what i've heard) we'd have to send most of the older men in our lives to the gulag if we did

Given what he's been accused of( rude but oblivious=is what i've heard) we'd have to send most of the older men in our lives to the gulag if we did

If left reddit is anything to go by, the justice democrats would say "this but unironically"

This has nothing to do with his actual policies, but you can't run a candidate that is getting press like Joe Biden is this early and win.

If you want a moderate then pick Pete. Don't pick Biden as you'll alienate members of your own party by doing so.

I'm warning you Dems and this is someone who would be classed as a moderate Dem in the US.

Trump was bad at the time because he was so abnormal. He still is terrible and abnormal, but he's become psychologically solid in the minds of people as the hedonic treadmill has gone back.

This has nothing to do with his actual policies, but you can't run a candidate that is getting press like Joe Biden is this early and win.

If you want a moderate then pick Pete. Don't pick Biden as you'll alienate members of your own party by doing so.

I'm warning you Dems and this is someone who would be classed as a moderate Dem in the US.

Trump was bad at the time because he was so abnormal. He still is terrible and abnormal, but he's become psychologically solid in the minds of people as the hedonic treadmill has gone back.
would rather Pete myself

would rather Pete myself
For wins I'd say

Pete
Yang
Klobucher
Warren (maybe?)

Biden and Bernie split the party and the rest don't have much that'll give them a way of grabbing swing states.

For wins I'd say

Pete
Yang
Klobucher
Warren (maybe?)

Biden and Bernie split the party and the rest don't have much that'll give them a way of grabbing swing states.
Yang seems a bit too much of a political operative, Warren wont get the old people cause woman. Pete's a white guy and combat vet but also a minority the country is entertaing not hateing. he might as well be gay jfk

At this point what would guarantee a victory for the progressives is either Bernie or Warren dropping out in favour of the other.

Yang seems a bit too much of a political operative, Warren wont get the old people cause woman. Pete's a white guy and combat vet but also a minority the country is entertaing not hateing. he might as well be gay jfk

For many democrats being a white guy is an automatic disqualification, especially in minority caucuses. And being ex military is not the endorsement it used to be.

Yes, we know the Democrats are made exclusively of Tumblrinas SJW.
They're probably mostly made up of random people that don't know actual shit about politics, don't really care much about politics and kinda just vote as the Republicans are ewww.

...rather like any other main party out there and that includes the Republicans.

(My mother always votes Tory and doesn't really have reasons why other her friends do and then 'labour bad')

Or in fewer characters:

Back
Top Bottom