What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

US Politics American 2020 Presidential Primary

TheHappyVampire

With many politicians considering a run for the presidency in 2020, I think it might be a good idea to create a thread for the 2020 presidential primary.

It's likely Donald Trump would not be facing a primary opponent. If he does, I think the only Republican who could give him a challenge would be former Governor of South Carolina Nikki Haley.

A lot of Democrats have decided or considering to run for President of the United States of America. Currently, my top choices would be Joe Biden, Julian Castro, Kamala Harris, Cory Booker, and Amy Klobuchar. I feel that they would have broad support.

Less old people that look like they could die in office would be nice IMO.

Joe Biden, Julian Castro, Kamala Harris, Cory Booker, and Amy Klobuchar.
I like a lot of their centre to centre-left policies, but I'm unsure the ones there other then Biden have the charisma to win the vote.

Like look at the last few elections for Dems, it's been people like Bill Clinton or Obama who've won, people that know how to get a crowd going for them. John Kerry or Hillary style people? They just ain't cool these days. Just look at how the primary went for Martin O'Malley...

I personally like Tulsi Gabbard, who has announced her running for the Democratic spot.

Progressive, but not aggressively so. Military background to embarrass Cadet Bone Spurs, and she can hold her own in the debating arena. One or two minor blemishes on her record, but nothing that is a silver bullet. Does well with the diversity vote without it becoming a giant racial issue like candidates such as Castro. Oh, and she is currently 37 years old and healthy (and not so bad to look at which is a hidden plus), which puts her far ahead of half of the field of possible candidates.
I have a feeling that Tulsi Gabbard might be a good candidate.
Damn it! Just a few seconds too late!

I personally like Tulsi Gabbard, who has announced her running for the Democratic spot.

Progressive, but not aggressively so. Military background to embarrass Cadet Bone Spurs, and she can hold her own in the debating arena. One or two minor blemishes on her record, but nothing that is a silver bullet. Does well with the diversity vote without it becoming a giant racial issue like candidates such as Castro. Oh, and she is currently 37 years old and healthy (and not so bad to look at which is a hidden plus), which puts her far ahead of half of the field of possible candidates.

Damn it! Just a few seconds too late!
Get rekt m8 ;)

I just hope its not another establishment candidate. They tried that last time and look what happened...

I just hope its not another establishment candidate. They tried that last time and look what happened...
Actually... given what has been coming up in the Trump-Russia investigation, Hillary would have won if it wasn't for Russia's interference (I am dead serious here, there is a reason that actual US judges had slapped at least one of Trump's cronies that what he did can be considered outright treason). Also, I've heard that Steve Bullock is putting his hat in the ring, and his record is rather cross-aisle despite the political environment. He also called out Hillary for her coal policies (partially because, let's get this out of the way and admit it, had horrible optics no matter what you say about it and partially because Montana needs the taxes on the coal industry and the supporting businesses to fund itself). However, he is better where he is in order to keep the Montana Governor House Blue.

Actually... given what has been coming up in the Trump-Russia investigation, Hillary would have won if it wasn't for Russia's interference (I am dead serious here, there is a reason that actual US judges had slapped at least one of Trump's cronies that what he did can be considered outright treason). Also, I've heard that Steve Bullock is putting his hat in the ring, and his record is rather cross-aisle despite the political environment. He also called out Hillary for her coal policies (partially because, let's get this out of the way and admit it, had horrible optics no matter what you say about it and partially because Montana needs the taxes on the coal industry and the supporting businesses to fund itself). However, he is better where he is in order to keep the Montana Governor House Blue.
It's not about WINNING, Aaron. It's about what they're supposed to represent, and Trump got a fuckload of points by calling Clinton the establishment and the establishment is not popular. Not only that, this guy is going to be tweeting up a storm at every single primary candidate.

That being said I don't think Trump can pull that "drain a swamp" card this time around, so perhaps electing a status-quotarian will work this time.

EDIT: If the only goal is to "win" then your values can be summed up as "anybody but a republican"

I have a feeling that Tulsi Gabbard might be a good candidate.
Honestly I hope she runs. She seems to actually have her integrity, despite dem-voters saying she's "a friend to Assad".

Last edited:
Honestly I hope she runs. She seems to actually have her integrity, despite dem-voters saying she's "a friend to Assad".
The most vocal "dems" wouldn't be satisfied with anything but a fucking hammer and sickle replacing the American flag, Tulsi is a reasonable voice within a party that is slowly getting more insane as time goes on.

We already knew the republicans were batty, the democrats don't need to try and one-up them.

No ur right, they should keep up their bloodless technocratic neoliberalism and hope no one continues to despise them for it
What we need is sanity not causing a situation where the military and intelligence services simply say fuck it and pull a coup...

I'm surprised at the amount of support Gabbard is getting despite her past opposing gay marriage. I also think its slightly ironic that we've been inundated in crazy right-winger theocrats that vibrantly support Israel for solely theocratic reasons from the GOP for so many years, now we've got another one from another faith supporting another regime for solely theocratic reasons in the DNC. Karma's a bitch. Honestly think she's kind of an Anti-Trump/Antirepublican at this juncture.

I'm surprised at the amount of support Gabbard is getting despite her past opposing gay marriage. I also think its slightly ironic that we've been inundated in crazy right-winger theocrats that vibrantly support Israel for solely theocratic reasons from the GOP for so many years, now we've got another one from another faith supporting another regime for solely theocratic reasons in the DNC. Karma's a bitch. Honestly think she's kind of an Anti-Trump/Antirepublican at this juncture.
Well she's a Dem from Hawaii.

Don't forget there that it's like impossible for Repubs to get elected, so anybody with rightish wing viewpoints is going to have to have to be on the Dem ticket.

I mean she's got a history of anti abortion, anti LGBT views...you wanna lose an election, go Tulsi! (As that's not going down well with the Dem voter base)

I mean she's got a history of anti abortion, anti LGBT views...you wanna lose an election, go Tulsi! (As that's not going down well with the Dem voter base)
IIRC She changed her stance on her LGBT views after a tour of the middle east and pushed pretty heavily for pro LGBT policies when she got back home and is continuing to do so.

Elizabeth Warren expressed interest for the presidency. Personally, she is best used as an attack dog in the Senate. Also, I have a preference for more moderate establishment Democrats like Biden and Booker.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom