What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

US Politics American 2020 Presidential Primary

What's actually needed is a candidate who can steal back the blue firewall states lost in 2016, people seem to forget that Trump could of been the first Republican president to win Ohio AND FLORIDA and lose the election. The electoral map favors democrats more and more every year.

To that end I respectfully disagree with @TheHappyVampire on candidates like Castro and Booker, and this Amy Klobuchar who I had to google becouse she's that forgettable. They're the kind of milktoast establishment goons who Trump slaughtered by the dozens on the campaign trail. Exciting the working class base in middle america should top the list for a democratic candidate, and beyond that we should keep an eye out for truly critical character or political flaws that could be exploited by the republicans to disengage the base.

I think Bidan could possibly do it, though I don't see his early positioning as promising.

Well she's a Dem from Hawaii.

Don't forget there that it's like impossible for Repubs to get elected, so anybody with rightish wing viewpoints is going to have to have to be on the Dem ticket.

I mean she's got a history of anti abortion, anti LGBT views...you wanna lose an election, go Tulsi! (As that's not going down well with the Dem voter base)
Tulsi isn't my preferred candidate, but it does need to be said that her flaws are pretty irrelevant in a general election versus Donald "grab them by pussy" Trump and his vice President Mike "shock the gays" Pence.

What's actually needed is a candidate who can steal back the blue firewall states lost in 2016, people seem to forget that Trump could of been the first Republican president to win Ohio AND FLORIDA and lose the election. The electoral map favors democrats more and more every year.

To that end I respectfully disagree with @TheHappyVampire on candidates like Castro and Booker, and this Amy Klobuchar who I had to google becouse she's that forgettable. They're the kind of milktoast establishment goons who Trump slaughtered by the dozens on the campaign trail. Exciting the working class base in middle america should top the list for a democratic candidate, and beyond that we should keep an eye out for truly critical character or political flaws that could be exploited by the republicans to disengage the base.

I think Bidan could possibly do it, though I don't see his early positioning as promising.

Tulsi isn't my preferred candidate, but it does need to be said that her flaws are pretty irrelevant in a general election versus Donald "grab them by pussy" Trump and his vice President Mike "shock the gays" Pence.
We need Jeb, he shall lead the Dems to victory.

We need Jeb, he shall lead the Dems to victory.
If he can get the audience to clap by asking nicely, he can certainly get america to vote for him by spending billions in corporate donor money.

If he can get the audience to clap by asking nicely, he can certainly get america to vote for him by spending billions in corporate donor money.
Imagine an election that's O'Malley Vs Jeb, I wouldn't know who to vote as both are awesome. O:

Well, Tulsi just dug herself a grave for one.

But Gabbard said Sunday that both parties are guilty of being unyielding, adding that both sides are displaying an "unwillingness to actually just sit down and work through the details that each side is putting forward, knowing that neither side is going to get everything they need."

Both Democrats and Republicans have "completely hardened their positions and are unwilling to come together and work out the differences," she said, pointing out it's not an isolated problem.

She said the problem is "an unwillingness to just say, 'Hey, here's my position. Here's yours. Let's figure out how we can work out the differences that we can, putting forward the best solution for the American people.'"
  • Trumpie brags about shutting down the government
  • Trumpie stamps his feet and says that if he doesn't get what he wants the government will stay closed possibly for months or years
  • Senate Republicans refuse to even consider any House bill that doesn't have wall money
  • Completely shit offer made by Republicans as a desperate face-saving measure, denied
  • Democrats are standing together day after day
  • Oops... except now Gabbard jumps in and figures that surrender to the terrorists is good governing, while breaking ranks with her party and the majority of people in the nation
Bye, Felicia.

• Trumpie stamps his feet and says that if he doesn't get what he wants the government will stay closed possibly for months or years
  • Senate Republicans refuse to even consider any House bill that doesn't have wall money
  • Completely shit offer made by Republicans as a desperate face-saving measure, denied
  • Oops... except now Gabbard jumps in and figures that surrender to the terrorists is good governing, while breaking ranks with her party and the majority of people in the nation
Bye, Felicia.

*winces*

Yea, playing the bothesame game at this point is probably a death sentence to any presidential aspirations. She was probably looking for a good way to bow out?

She was probably looking for a good way to bow out?
I think that she thinks she is still in.

She ain't in no mo'.

Even the anti-establishment style candidates need to form ranks on major stances like this one. Ranks broken, good luck fundraising and getting endorsements for the primaries. Over before it even truly began.

Too bad. She actually had some promise to at least shake things up a bit. Being the first to blink and start calling out your party signals blood in the water.

I think that she thinks she is still in.

She ain't in no mo'.

Even the anti-establishment style candidates need to form ranks on major stances like this one. Ranks broken, good luck fundraising and getting endorsements for the primaries. Over before it even truly began.

Too bad. She actually had some promise to at least shake things up a bit. Being the first to blink and start calling out your party signals blood in the water.

American politics seem to be way past the lets work together phase. The democrats at least must be fed up with all the one way compromises on major issues.

I truly believe the Dem primaries may mirror the Republican ones from last time. i.e the one that shitposts goes all out on issues the Dems are seen as the champions off will win.

I truly believe the Dem primaries may mirror the Republican ones from last time. i.e the one that shitposts goes all out on issues the Dems are seen as the champions off will win.
Maybe. Probably not though. Republicans already had a ready made base for Trumpie with the Tea Party nuts and the money they bring in. There are some shifts to the left with examples on recent House seat gains, but a Democrat meme machine would have Bernie Syndrome. Weaker fundraising in the primaries, very little chance in the general election.

I would've loved to have seen her as Senator, or maybe even President, one day (despite her anti-LGBT past) but now that I think about it, this was waaaaaay too early. She really stepped in it. Here's to hoping she recovers but I don't see it.

Kamala Harris to run for president in 2020
(CNN )Kamala Harris announced Monday that she is running for president in 2020, arguing that the time has come to fight against what she views as the injustices of the past two years of the Trump presidency.

In a brief video from her campaign that was released on social media Monday morning at the same time she appeared on ABC's "Good Morning America," Harris called on her supporters to join with her to "claim our future."

"Justice. Decency. Equality. Freedom. Democracy. These aren't just words. They're the values we as Americans cherish. And they're all on the line now," Harris said in the video, teasing her official kickoff in her birthplace of Oakland next Sunday.
Senator Kamala Harris of California has announced that she would be running for President of the United States of America.

While one of my preferred choices, she is a bit too new and I imagine her as U.S. Attorney General than president or vice-president. Well, good luck to her.

Last edited:

Bye, Felicia.
This graph says it all about bothsames.

polar_house_means_2014.png

Wow, it isn't as if the GOP has got more extreme...

This graph says it all about bothsames.

polar_house_means_2014.png

Wow, it isn't as if the GOP has got more extreme...
Well, it is a bit odd that Democrats end up being split into regional categories that do split but ultimately are more similar than different. The spread doesn't drift so much that there is ever a real threat of merger with Republicans, and the end result has been that the two regions are nearly identical today. Meanwhile the Republican party is one line because they tend to be in lockstep despite occasional whining amongst themselves.

...but for some reason the Democrats should also fall in line with the Republicans. For reasons.

Back
Top Bottom