What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Afghan pilots training in America just wondering off

Vashon

Banned

I first I laughed, because they just wonder off and dgaf then I had a thought. How much dumber would it get if one of these fucks did a 9/11 explicitly with the training the US military gave them.

First I hear about corrupt afghan troops deliberately wasting US supplied ammo so they can sell the shell casings to scrap metal dealers.

then I hear about 150 afghan National army getting captured by Taliban.

then this.

First I hear about corrupt afghan troops deliberately wasting US supplied ammo so they can sell the shell casings to scrap metal dealers.
Thats....I mean......wow at least they aren't just selling the ammo outright. I guess to them it looks like a renewable resource.

Thats....I mean......wow at least they aren't just selling the ammo outright. I guess to them it looks like a renewable resource.
If the stories I've heard from the Vietnam war where US supplied allies like SV and SK sold their gear to the Vietcong, there's probably incidences of Afghan troops ammo to the taliban

*Shrug*

The Afgan gov troops are losing.

They know they are losing, they know that the US is about to dump em to the tender mercies of the Taliban, they know the higher ups have already their nests made in various western capitals with all the loot they managed to accumulate and they also know they will be the ones left for the Taliban to kill/torture/dismember.

Soooo...

Yea. If I were in their shoes I would do the exact same thing.

Not the selling ammo to enemies thing. The wonder off in the vastness of the US and never look back.

Holy mother of god, the country is screwed the moment the Yanks leave. These morons would surrender to the first vaguely angry looking dude with a pistol.

And then Afghanistan turns into the same hellhole it was earlier, until the Taliban naturally collapse. And then god knows what.

You know you screwed up when the guys living in caves have better strategy than you.

They should have just let Iran handle this mess.

Everyone has better strategies than the US military. Rice farmers, goat herders, etc.
I was alluding to the fact that they...don't. Have a strategy, I mean.

Half the time, the military isn't deployed with any idea as to what to do once the shooting stops.

Result: bungling on all levels, and eventually sheer fatigue leading to US forces withdrawing after razing the country down without actually winning the war.

I was alluding to the fact that they...don't. Have a strategy, I mean.

Half the time, the military isn't deployed with any idea as to what to do once the shooting stops.

Result: bungling on all levels, and eventually sheer fatigue leading to US forces withdrawing after razing the country down without actually winning the war.
Well, we couldn't win the war for exactly that reason. The very first, most basic thing needed to win a war is to have an actual goal you are trying to achieve, and we never defined one. We never had a chance to win in Afghanistan because we never actually defined what winning would be, and all the firepower in the world won't let you achieve a goal you've never defined in the first place.

Bush and company wanted to attack Iraq and didn't actually care about Afghanistan or Osama bin Laden, so they went in there in as quick-and-dirty way as they could to get it out of the way so they could invade Iraq instead. We went in without any long term plan, and it just festered on the backburner for years and years still with no plan. The end result being that we've spent nearly 20 years treading water in Afghanistan without direction, killing people without accomplishing much of anything.

Back
Top Bottom