What's new
Frozen In Carbonite

Welcome to FIC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Primarch's Journey (40K/Multicross?/At least one other piece of fiction)

The beginning

Habstab

Master of the Stab
"Let us play a game. And my favorite kind of game. When the 'Main Character' is our of their depth. Alone, in a strange place/land/world, unable to get back home."

"Some of these heroes curse the name of their 'benefactors'. Others praise them, as they can build a new life without anything from their old one interfering. Still others try to rebuild there old lives, no matter how futile that is. And, there are even a few who simply do not care, for, in the end, they are creatures of habit, and merely moving them will do nothing to change them."

'Yet, I ramble. You do not need to know these things do you? You need know only this. You have been given an opportunity to choose a new champion, out of a list, of course, and the world they end up in. Choose wisely..."

----

Choose a Primarch

[][Primarch] Lion El'Jonson, The Dark Knight.

[] Fulgrim, The Palatine Phoenix.

[] Perturabo, The Lord of Iron.

[] Jaghatai Khan, The Warhawk.

[] Leman Russ, The Great Wolf.

[] Rogal Dorn, The Blade of the Emperor.

[] Konrad Curze, The Night Haunter.

[] Sanguinius, The Great Angel.

[] Ferrus Manus, The Gorgon of Medusa.

[] Angron, The Red Angel.

[] Roboute Guilliman, The Lord of Ultramar.

[] Mortarion, The Death Lord.

[] Magnus the Red, The Master of Prospero.

[] Horus Lupercal, The Breaker of Tyrants.

[] Lorgar Aurelian, Bearer of the Word.

[] Vulkan, The Lord of Drakes.

[] Corvus Corax, The Deliverer.

[] Alpharius, Head of the Hydra.

[] Omegon, Head of the Hydra.

----

"There are many timelines for these nineteen, and simply limiting you to the 'base' versions would be so boring, wouldn't it? Perhaps you wish to choose an alternative version of these Primarchs as your 'champion'..."

----

Choose which timeline the choosen Primarch will be from:

[] Base/Horus Heresy.
+The same old same old...
[] Roboute Heresy.
+Those who were once heroes in one timeline can easily become villains in another...
[] Write in a timeline?

----

"And now, where shall this champion arrive at?"

----

Choose a world:

[] A world infested with monsters, created by a even more terrifying monster. (Remant)
[] A world bound by fate, where each blade of grass has a purpose. (Kingdom of Amlur)
[] A world where the actions of prideful fools created a monsterous race that continues to plague the would to this day. (Dragon Age)
[] Write in?
+ Perhaps you know of a world better suited to your champion

----

A/N:... Why did I think this was a good idea. Blargh. Anywho, criticism or the like is greatly appreciated.
 

t-dugong

Beach bum, Esq.
[X] Jaghatai Khan, The Warhawk.

[X] Base/Horus Heresy.
+The same old same old...

[X] A world bound by fate, where each blade of grass has a purpose. (Kingdom of Amalur)
 

Viceroy

Might be a machine
[X] Magnus the Red, The Master of Prospero.
[X] Roboute Heresy.
[X] A world where the actions of prideful fools created a monsterous race that continues to plague the would to this day. (Dragon Age)
 

Piens51

Member
[X] Magnus the Red, The Master of Prospero.
[X] Roboute Heresy.
[X] A world where the actions of prideful fools created a monsterous race that continues to plague the would to this day. (Dragon Age)
 

Habstab

Master of the Stab
I'll leave the vote open for about another eight hours.
Actually, I highly doubt that they're going to be additional votes before then, so, vote closed.

Winning vote:

[X] Magnus the Red, The Master of Prospero.
[X] Roboute Heresy.
[X] A world where the actions of prideful fools created a monsterous race that continues to plague the would to this day. (Dragon Age)
Voters: @Viceroy and @Piens51
 
Magnus the red in a land of magic

Habstab

Master of the Stab
----
POV: Magnus the Red, The Master of Prospero
----
Rage. It is all you feel as the Lord of Change smashes through your sons, trying to slaughter its way to you. None of your sons having the psychic powers to face the monster, and their mortal strength is no match with its own unnatural strength.

"MAGNUS!" You can hear the beast before you can see it. And when you do see it, you see a blue beast covered in eyes, beaks, and claws. "YOUR FEBEL SONS PERISH BY MY HAND. AND WHAT OF YOU, SORCERER KING? HIDING-"

"BEGONE, FOUL BEAST OF THE WARP! YOU ARE NOT WELCOME HERE!" You shout back at it. You use your immense power to crush its' body, causing some of the creature's 'veins' to burst open, leaking corrupted blood onto the floor of the Photep.

"WEAK... YOUR POWERS HAVE GROWN WEAK! ABANDON THIS WEAK IMPERIUM, AND JOIN-" The demon snarls, breaking out of your psychic grasp. But, it is quickly sent flying back as a bolt of warp lightning hits it dead in it's 'chest'.

"I shall never bow before your King of Lies!" You growl, purple flames shooting from your right hand, washing over the Lord of Change. The abomination screams in pain, before charging at you.

"THEN PERISH!" It shouts, its' claws glowing with the power of the warp, dodging another blast from you, before slicing open a large chunk of your armor, leaving shallow cuts in the flesh underneath. You grit your teeth, before stabbing it in the back with your chain axe, ripping its unnatural flesh. "YOU ARE TOO WEAK TO SAND AGAINST US, SON OF THE ANATHEMA!"

As you continue your duel with the demon, you can sense some of your sons rushing towards you. They couldn't hope to harm this Lord of Change, and you will not let this abomination take the life of any more of your sons. A put your free hand on the monster's chest, each of your fingers crackling with energy, before letting out a gigantic blast sending the demon flying as its' chest broke open, its'many beaks crying out in pain.

"SO... YOU ARE AS POWERFUL AS WAS PREDICTED..." The Lord of Change chuckles darkly. "BUT... DO NOT THINK THAT THIS IS A BATTLE YOU CAN WIN. FOR I KNOW OF SPECIAL SPELL THAT CAN DEFEAT EVEN YOU..." Each of the Abomination's eyes gain a predatory look. Each of its' claws glow once again. Yet, before you can act, a squad of your sons charges in, some firing their bolters and others trying to use their psychic abilities to draw the demon's attention away from you. Yet, all their attempts do is merely anger the beast as he releases the curse he was casting upon you. You try to destroy it with your own power, but find it pushing through your defenses easily. You can feel your soul slowly leaving your body and being dragged into the warp, yet, you catch a glimpse of something... Hopeful. As your body falls to the floor as you see the demon free, your sons rush to you side, trying to help you. With the last of your strength you tell them of what you saw, before fading into the warp...

----
Where on Thedas does Magnus arrive? Choose one:
----
[] A castle under siege, it's defenders trapped with no way out. And it looks like you've
-[] Write in what you do next.
+ "Is that some sort of abomination?"
+ Locks in the Human Noble Origin for the Grey Warden.
[] In an underground cavern, filled to the brim with strange creatures.
-[] Write in what you do next.
+ "Raaaa!"
+ Locks in one of the Dwarf Origins for the Grey Warden.
[] Next to a shining lake that has a giant tower in the middle. Ah, it seems one of the locals has noticed you...
-[] Write in what you do next.
+ "W-What are you? S-Some kind of demonic mage? S-Stay back!"
+ Locks in one of the Mage Origins for the Grey Warden.
[] In a forest, next to some sort of old ruins. And, for some reason, there is an old woman standing near you, looking at you curiously.
-[] Write in what you do next.
+ "Why hello there, you shouldn't be here."
+ Does not lock in any Origin for the Grey Warden.
[] Write in a location?
----
Size vote.
----
As Magnus is a Primarch, he is naturally gigantic. But, you can alter his size so he can access more locations around Thedas. Or you can let him stay as tall as he normally is.
[] Tall human?
[] Average Astartes?
[] Regular Magnus size?
----
A/N: Decided I wanted to include something besides the votes. So, have a fight scene. I don't think that I'm that good at battles between psychic warriors. Anywho, any thoughts or criticism on this update?
 

t-dugong

Beach bum, Esq.
[X] In a forest, next to some sort of old ruins. And, for some reason, there is an old woman standing near you, looking at you curiously.


[X] Regular Magnus size.
 

Piens51

Member
[X] In a forest, next to some sort of old ruins. And, for some reason, there is an old woman standing near you, looking at you curiously.


[X] Regular Magnus size.
 

Steel10

FiC’s Resident Shitlord
[X] In a forest, next to some sort of old ruins. And, for some reason, there is an old woman standing near you, looking at you curiously.


[X] Regular Magnus size.
 
Awakening

Habstab

Master of the Stab
A/N: As the "what you do" option was left empty I just wrote what came naturally to me.

----

[X] In a forest, next to some sort of old ruins. And, for some reason, there is an old woman standing near you, looking at you curiously.


[X] Regular Magnus size.

So... Seems I didn't know about something Magnus could do... He can change his shape/size. Like... He can become the size of a Titan and wrestle with one... So... I feel that the size vote, in regards on what it's was originally going to be, so I'm going to change somethings around... Sorry.

Pain is the first thing you feel as your soul finally leaves your body. Or did? It is not your soul that feels pain, but your body. Is a part of your soul still stuck within your body?

... No. Your soul did indeed leave, yet, now it is housed in a body that feels the same as your old one. Did the curse 'fail' and send you-

"Awake now, are we?" You hear a voice ask. Your eyes open and see an old woman with a look of curiosity on her aged face. "Now, who exactly are you?" She questions you almost casually. It's... Strange to say the least. Most normal humans would be more cautious around a Primarch such as yourself.

You slowly use your new body's pair of legs to stand, towering over the woman, yet, even now she seem... Unimpressed? "Magnus." You reply. Truly, why-

"Why, it seems you do have manners. I was afraid that you would be rude like my last few guest." The old woman chuckles. "And, a answer deserves one in turn. My name is Flemeth. Now, do you know where you are?"

You take a quick glance at your surroundings. It seems you're in some sort of swamp. And, in the distance, you can see the ruins of an old... Fort? Perhaps. Hmm. Why did you even expect that would work. Your soul pulses with power as you force the warp to bend to your will. Yet, immediately you stop in confusion. There are important things that are... Missing? How did you not notice this before? But... You can neither feel your father nor... Anything else that you should...

"You seen stunned boy. Find something... Unsettling?" Flemeth asks you with a unconcerned look.

... How can this be? Did that demon's curse send you somewhere you cannot sense your father nor any other psyker? Or did curse simlpy cripple your ability to use the warp? But that-

"If you're just going to stand there, I'm might as well leave." Flemeth sighs dramatically.

...

What shall you do next?

[] Write in?

---

Gained traits/effects:


Size(Primarch): If an Astartes is a giant to an average sized human, most Primarchs are giants to Astartes.

Warp based transformations: As a master of warcraft Magnus can alter his body's shape and size at will. Some even say that his true body is one not of flesh, but of pure psychic will.

The eye of the cyclops: With a single glare of his eye Magnus can lay bare the secrets of any mortal.

Master of the warp: Without his mastery of the warp Magnus would probably be one of the weaker members of his brotherhood. Yet, with it, Magnus is a god of war made manifest, causing whole armies to fall to their knees with a single spell.

----

A/N: Not happy with this update. But... It's better than waiting another month to write something else.

And I'm counting 40K's psykers and DA's mages as different things. Power wise. If a Templar sees you using the warp, they'll assume you're a DA mage, while some mages may be able to tell that you... Aren't exactly tapping into the fade.

Anywho, thoughts and comments on their update are appreciated.
 

Habstab

Master of the Stab
So... Been a few days and no votes... Should I have put a few example vote options alongside the write in option? If so, sorry for not doing that.
 

bluepencil

Indentured Artist
Author
So... Been a few days and no votes... Should I have put a few example vote options alongside the write in option? If so, sorry for not doing that.
Yeah, you probably should.

I mean, the obvious thing would be to [Ask Questions]. This is Magnus, the supernerd among Primarchs, and he's always going to want to gather information. So to make things interesting, what's a compelling reason to do something other than the most logical but blandest outcome?

Or just give us the needed infodump already instead of asking a [Write In]. Decisions are about actions, not information.
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)

Top