What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A mirror (RWBY/ Alt RWBY Crossover) (Spoilers)

Chapter 1

Jakarta

Cutest Mod
In the beginning, there was a sad and lonely woman. Stranded on top of a castle she could never escape, it is a comfortable existence, she gets to have every worldly desire she wanted. But it is a asphyxiating one, she cannot leave the castle no matter what. And through time's journey, her yearning of freedom grew stronger and stronger everyday. It was not until a great hero, by the name of Ozma freed this woman from her castle that she can experience this freedom she so desperately crave. But, as fate would have it. This great hero fell sick and died at a moment's notice due to a freak disease. Something the woman, who calls herself Salem, has no control over.

Heartbroken, Salem ventured into the realm of the god of light and asked him to revive Ozma, but alas he said no, then, he ventured towards the realm of the god of darkness and asked the same question, to which he replied cordially. The moment the god of light learns of his brothers actions though, he arrived into his realm with great haste, and proceeded to correct his brother's mistake. For a moment, it was a useless tug, with the soul of Ozma functioning as a rope, the god of light delivered oblivion, only for the god of darkness to bring him back to life. Alas, the moment the god of light convinced the god of darkness about the potential imbalance the world might endure if he let Ozma not die. The God of Darkness relented, and ultimately killed Ozma. And, as a token of punishment, forced Salem to live eternally until she knew the meaning of life and death. Whatever what that might entail.

Heartbroken, now disillusioned, and angry. She vowed revenge against the gods, to do whatever it takes to bring them to heel. She convinced every single early kingdom that she could court their leaders on to fight the gods, but, much to her frustration, and shock, the gods won that battle. And at least killed off the humanity Salem knew.

It was a long, long time. But humanity did reappear after the gods left. And-

I noticed that some of the students are sleeping. And of course, as any good teacher, I let out a guttural sound that a Queen should definitely NOT do when she is frustrated. Heh, I'm a Queen of the Unified Kingdom, so what do you wanna do? kill me? yeah, good luck with that.

"UUuuuugh!!! can you at least give some mordicum of respect!!" I predictably screamed, and immediately the other students rose up.

"Look, you're all Seniors, and I know going to a Huntsman/ Huntress college isn't exactly a walk in the park, but at least give me some attention!!"

I sighed, crossed my arms and stood in front of the desk.
tumblr_pi07htQulp1vj085ao10_540.png

"Alright alright, how about... the time when I fought the combined armies of the three kingdoms in the battle of the Southern Desert!" I declared. Which is then greeted with another sigh. Amazing, I am the single, most well researched and very well interviewed primary source, the Queen of the Unified Kingdom of Remnant, leader of the world, co-head of the government with my husband, and I can't even teach a history class without half the class snoring off, and the rest of the class furiously taking notes about my personal exploits for obvious reasons.

And It's only the end of the first week, man... what did I get myself into.

Well, to answer that is going to require a whole retelling of the story, which is a bit much, so maybe I'll condense it to the last say... couple of months.

I got an offer to teach at Beacon College, formerly Beacon Academy but the whole thing got renamed (and repurposed) after a recent bill passed by Congress. Of course, I was obviously shocked that the head of Beacon College, some woman named Glynda dared to ask me to do that, professors kinda stopped asking me to teach into their respective academies once I stopped responding to their mail. But, that final line on the last paragraph pretty much guaranteed that I need to become an instructor.

'A girl with silver eyes was recently admitted, her name is Ruby Rose. So I highly inquire you to see to it that she has the best education possible.'

Obviously, someone with the very ability to 'kill' me (read: Incapacitate me for at least decades, don't ask me how I know that) warrants some attention. So after a brief discussion with the Prime Minister, to which he quickly agreed, and with Ozpin, to which he quickly agreed as well. I took off for Beacon.

And now here I am, teaching history to a bunch of bored, tired, senior students. I surveyed the room, and noticed the girl with the silver eyes, that Ruby Rose, sleeping soundly, perhaps a bit too soundly for my tastes. And I cannot accept that.

"Ms Ruby Rose!" I shouted. To which the clumsy student suddenly rose up. "Quick question, do I have the ability to control all grimm?"

"Uhh... no?" She responded meekly. Clearly she just finished her training straight up from some huntress school before going here. I once went to such a school myself, or at least, casted a small spell on myself to make myself look younger and less... well, grimmy, and wow, the misconceptions they have about me there is something else.

"Correct." I responded. "But to what extent?" I further added.

"Maybe... in the general direction?" She responded.

"No Ms Rose, I have the ability to control grimm within a 50 meter radius, and only for a short amount of time at that. At best, 30 minutes to 2 hours. Yes, I did try to kill myself into a pool of grimm, and yes, I am technically a grimm-human hybrid, but the ability to control grimm is completely beyond my abilities. Hence... why you attend this college and hopefully graduate into a powerful huntress."

It was at that point that the bell rang and everyone suddenly rose up, It's as if they all got a shot of drugs into their arms and quickly exfiltrate the building as quickly as possible. Damn college students, procrastinating all night, sleeping all day, and somehow these people always, well, almost always, become some of the best huntsman and huntresses I've ever met.

"Just remember, your essay about the rise of remnant is due on Monday!! As well as early Human-Faunus relations as well!!" I shouted. Before I proceeded to exit the building as well. This has been a rather slow end to my day. The sun is setting, and I quickly walked back into the instructor's dormitory that the college had set up.

It's a pretty nice room, as nice as the college's budget will allow it. And with some injection of funds from the central government, it was turned into a veritable bedroom practically reminiscent of the royal sleeping chambers. Oh, and a separate study room with an unusual clock-like table. It had all these gears running... yeah, It's pretty weird.

Whatever, I though to myself as I crashed into the bed. It has been what. 158 years after the final unification wars? the one where the Unified Kingdom of Remnant was finally established? had to deal with all sorts of political shenanigans right after that happened. I remember having to deal with terrorist radicals, the faunus civil rights movement, the 'space-race' between the rest of Remnant and Atlas. And the establishment of the moon colony, lots of stuff happening, lots of stuff to deal with, lots of stuff that I myself and my husband have overcame.

Teaching a bunch of college students? please. Salem, you've got this!! I thought to myself, before I dozed off into a quick nap.

I'll probably update this after final exams are over. But, the gist of it? This comes from an alt-universe where Salem didn't turn evil.

Last edited:
So, any comments? I'm interested in your thoughts.

Dust doesn't work in space. This was a deliberate choice by the setting creators to stop people escaping remnant to flee the grimm, and was probably set up in universe by the two brothers to stop their experimental worlds from mingling and contaminating the result. A space race and moon colonies are massive AU.

Also your wording for the Atlas vs. Remnant space race implies Atlas isn't part of the planet of remnant. It should be "the rest of remnant", and make little sense in the context of unified global state run.

Dust doesn't work in space. This was a deliberate choice by the setting creators to stop people escaping remnant to flee the grimm, and was probably set up in universe by the two brothers to stop their experimental worlds from mingling and contaminating the result. A space race and moon colonies are massive AU.

Also your wording for the Atlas vs. Remnant space race implies Atlas isn't part of the planet of remnant. It should be "the rest of remnant", and make little sense in the context of unified global state run.

Who says anything about using dust? :p

Also, I plan on building up the world once more. The Atlas vs Remnant Space Race is one of them.

Chapter 2
I woke up to a sound.

Someone had entered this building, most probably unannounced. It's a rustle, usually enough for someone to shrug it off and continue sleeping. But I do know It's most definitely someone. I slowly woke up, and almost got the lights scared out of me.

"By the gods!! dammit Raven!" I screamed, before I clapped and the lights turned on, revealing a woman I know intimately well.
street_fighter_x_rwby___raven_branwen_by_isaac_moring-dcutfzx.png

"Can you not scare me like that whenever you need to deliver a report?" I asked, still very shocked at the sudden appearance of the woman.

Oh, and by the way, that's Raven Branwen, a very experienced agent of the Black Order. It's an old organization, founded by yours truly, the official title of the Black Order is 'to maintain and preserve the unified kingdom of remnant.' Well, okay, their actual role is to be the main internal investigative intelligence agency within the unified kingdom.

Okay okay, it also used to be my own and Ozpin's personal spy network. Back when things are more... medieval, and that is putting it lightly.

Yeah, we don't do things back like those olden days anymore, the Black Order nowadays track tax fraud, rogue huntsman/ huntresses, white collar crime, organized crime, and maintain general order as a sort of... investigative office for crimes the local police cannot handle. Think of it as inter-kingdom police. Going from village to village to track down criminals, detain them, put them on trial, and then back into the grind once more. The benefits Black Order agents receive is obviously stupendous considering their line of work.

And Raven, Raven is one of the best agents that I've ever known, a personal confidante of mine (along with her brother), as well as a generally good friend. I heard that she has her daughter attending Beacon College. So with that knowledge, It's either she coming here to deliver something that could endanger the school, or something of a case that she's working currently.

"Forgive me your majesty." Raven replied, her voice unusually soft for someone of her stature. "But this is rather urgent. I have to bring in my brother and another person of interest as well."

Seriously? she brought in two other people? "Ugh, whatever, let them in."

The door was opened, and someone quite unexpected showed up. It's someone that I am familiar with, an up and rising officer within the Remnant army, pledged loyalty to Remnant, much to the chagrin of her family when Atlas collapsed, but I've never heard much of her since.

Her family name though. That much I do know.

"Winter Schnee, how nice of you to come." I greeted, and right next to her, the usual drunkard brother of Raven has arrived as well.

"The pleasure is mine." The white haired woman replied. Her face perennially stoic despite being in the presence of the Queen.
963639fed4f73b4959a7089d48ba3a1c.jpg

It is to be expected, she lost almost everything after the collapse of Atlas' economy in '92 and the integration of Atlas into Remnant. Her family were... strong patriots and generally supply the Atlesian military with weapons and take on R&D contracts on behalf of the government as well. The Schnee Dust Company though, suffered greatly during 1992, company profits went into the negatives and stayed there for quite sometime, the Schnee family fortune was destroyed, their investments turned junk, and their various endeavors within Atlas could not be funded further due to the deteriorating state of their family fortune. As a result, the CEO and Patriarch of the Schnee dust company at the time, Jacques Schnee, went missing, and took away Whitley, his only son, and Weiss, his younger daughter. He would've taken his wife if it were not for Winter's actions.

Willow Schnee currently resides in Mistral, managing the reformed SDC last time I recall, she broke her alcoholism most likely due to WInter's intervention, assuming the headlines were to be believed, while Winter joined the Remnant Military after the integration, and quickly rose up to the ranks.

And here she is, standing in front of me.

Oh, and Qrow's just standing on the corner, looking broody and all mysterious and whatever. Typical Qrow.

"Ms Salem, this is a time sensitive issue, but we have reason to believe that Beacon Academy is in danger." Winter declared. "Have you heard of the mysterious terrorist named Cinder?"

Ah, of course. Her. "Heard it from the Raven herself, she's been tracking Cinder's movements for years by now."

"Well then, my sister here got some bad news." Qrow replied. "But before we get to that, you know my assignment right?"

"Yes, protection and monitoring of the fall maiden. What of it?"

"Well Cinder almost killed her, and absorbed half of her powers. We are bringing her straight into your palace the moment Ozpin heard of it. And she's currently in high intensive medical care."

I immediately stood up. "What?"

"It is true, unfortunately." Raven said. "She's got two people working with her, both well known criminals as well. Some woman named Emerald and a man named Mercury."

"And I would assume that you got misled or Cinder got ticked of your tracking efforts, and managed to lead you away enough for her to track down the fall maiden." I said. To which Raven blushed and held her head down.

"She's... more capable than I thought, much more capable, and now she wields... maiden powers."

"And this is why you've come to me yes?" I said. Before I sighed, "Raven, you did good. You're probably the best agent out there if it weren't for your brother. So I assume you've got an explanation? Nevermind, I can't hear it right now. You've said you've got urgent information? what is it?"

"Cinder's somewhere in town, and if word on the street is correct, then she is planning an attack soon, we have intel that a henchmen, there's no other way to put it, of her is apparently trying to raid a dust shop. So we need to go, now!" Raven declared.

"Yeah, I'm with my sis on this one." Qrow said. "We need every hands on deck on this one. Including the Ice Queen herself."

Winter only steeled her eyes at Qrow before she relented. "True, ma'am?"

I only looked at all of them before I walked past them, "just make sure that this henchman is captured, not killed, alright?"

All three individuals nodded.

"Now, Raven, lead me to that bastard. Qrow, Winter, you'll be on reserve in case something unexpected happened. Let's go!" I said, opening the window and jumping out, the trio following suit.

Last edited:
You need to use threadmarks :D

Chapter 3
I was jumping. The various houses where many a persons were sleeping soundly went through like a flash as a flew my way through the rooftops of the city. We've got a lead on Cinder, and the last thing I want to do is to blow that lead over some pity noise concerns.

"Raven." I called. "Please tell me, what does this henchmen of Cinder looks like?"

"Male, mid to late 20s, relatively young. Has a black hat on top, red hair, very flashy white coat, annoying personality to boot." Raven replied. Jumping through the city skylines alongside me.

"I see..."

We jumped through the skyline, silence reigning since we don't really have much to talk about. Qrow and Winter doing the same thing as well, but from other angles to ensure nobody will escape once we're done. We stopped once we reached a certain rooftop, overlooking a dust shop. Raven's intel says that he is going to raid this particular dust shop. For whatever reason.

I was standing there, okay, crouching. Monitoring the situation. It seems that the henchman has yet to arrive. I look at both Winter and Qrow, both of them monitoring the situation from afar, ready to intervene should something were to happen to me. Not that I need much help to begin with. Everything was going according to plan, once we nab this guy, Raven will interrogate him, and then Qrow, and then Winter, we get the intel we need, and I finally get back to sleep. It's a Friday after all.

But then it happened, there was a sort of... 'shift'. I couldn't feel it. But something feels incredibly wrong. I could not describe it, the damn event happened so spontaneously that I only noticed it in hindsight.

But I do notice it, and I stared at Raven right after that.

"Raven... did you... feel that?" I asked, to which Raven nodded. I turned my head and I saw Qrow and Winter seemingly feeling the same thing, they quietly joined with me and Raven.

"I assume you're here because of that 'thing' you just felt, right?"

I let out a whisper this time around. But both Qrow and Winter nodded their heads, "It seems something unusual has happened. But regardless, we have to continue with the mission. Capturing Mr Torchwick is of utmost importance for the security of Remnant." Winter whispered back.

"Typical Ice Queen, all business, no pleasure. It's unfortunately true though. So-"

I immediately grabbed Qrow's mouth and pushed him down the roof. A car just stopped by, someone's coming.

It looked like a bunch of mafia members from the local city's organized crime scene, they all use weapons, most likely some sort of gun, and... there he is. The main man himself.
latest

"I assume that he is the person we're seeking, yes?" I whispered again, to which everyone then nods. "Alright then, here are my orders. We all wait."

That's it.

"That's it?" Raven asked. "You're going to let one of the most nefarious criminals in Remnant get away?"

"Well, no, but I am interested in what he's taking from the dust shop. Certain dust may have better application in weaponry than others, and I intend to find out just what dust he stole. It's most likely fire dust, but nonetheless, let's just stay and watch for a bit."

There was silence, but everyone then nodded. "You are our Queen." Qrow said, before we then continued watching Roman and his gang marching straight up towards the Dust Shop. A couple minutes passed and then nothing happened. And suddenly.

The glass of the shop broke, a man thrown out, and a small woman with a red cloak suddenly appeared. Wait, is that?

"Qrow, is that Ruby?" I asked, and the man immediately nodded in confusion. "What's Ruby doing this late?"

Three mafioso, and then Torchwick, quickly exited the dust shop to confront Ruby. And she proceeded to kick ass and take names. An expected move considering Ruby's skilled enough to get accepted in Beacon Academy. Alas, Torchwick knows a thing or two about subterfuge, and right after he fired his stick, gun thingy into the woman (which she survived), he quickly climbed up the stairs of a building, intending to escape.

"Hmmm, Raven. Pursue Torchwick, the rest of us will wait here. Not giving off a scent of my presence here will be to the benefit of the operation."

Raven only nodded, and jumped out of the roof, just in time for her to join Ruby and confront Roman.

"Wait, who are you?" I heard Ruby asked.

To which Raven answered quite tactfully.

"I'm... someone that wants to arrest the guy with the hat." She answered. Before she unsheathed her sword and pointed it towards Roman.

Just in time apparently, for a Bullhead VTOL to rise out of nowhere and for Roman to gleefully walk inside of it.

He proceeded to throw a dust crystal towards Ruby. And Raven, aura activated, proceeded to predictably push her away from the oncoming blast.

And as if this night couldn't be filled with more surprises, the blast was blocked by... out of all people, Glynda Goodwitch. It seems that Roman has caught the interest of Beacon Academy as well, not a good strategy for survival Whoever this Cinder is.

Surprisingly enough, Glynda seemed to... Scowl at Raven? before she unloaded a bunch of dust infused attacks, casting storms and whatnot. And that is when she came out of the vehicle. Those eyes.

"It's Cinder, everyone, move!!" I screamed, before the rest of us blew our cover and jumped alongside Ruby, I, of course, used my spells to engage the bullhead, Qrow uses his gun, and Winter. Well, she can't fire weapons, but she can cast dust projectiles.

Almost all of which were blocked by Cinder, the moment she saw me though. I can't see her clearly, but it seems that her eyes light up, as if she's... confused by something?

An explosion then rocked the rooftop, most likely Cinder using her maiden powers. And, while we were recovering, the bullhead immediately took off and went off on It's merry way.

"Fuck!" I screamed, stomping the ground. "Sorry, It's not a royal thing to do, but... we almost had two birds with one stone, both a famous criminal and Cinder herself. Glynda, how did you-"

I didn't even finish my response before I saw a huge thing barreling towards me, I barely dodged the thing, and looked at Glynda in confusion.

"Glynda, just what the hell are you-"

At that point though, my head went dark and I only hear screams and shouts. Bullets firing, and other things being casted.

Last edited:
Chapter 4
I woke up towards the sound of chains. As I opened my eyes and tried to move my body, I realized that I cannot move them.

"What in the world?"

I looked downwards, and incredibly heavy looking chains are locked into my wrists, and a gigantic chain connected the cuffs to my neck collar. Both of them made from iron, and both of them incredibly heavy. Someone apparently took the opportunity to put me in these heavy metal cuffs, almost as if he/she saw me as a threat or something. Weird, I don't recall pissing someone big time in the last 20 years, and the people that I have pissed off beyond those 20 years, I have made amends with and move on.

Or probably... someone just wanted to prove to themselves that they can capture me and hold me for ransom, hey, it has happened before.

And by before I mean 200 years ago, it didn't end well once Ozpin heard about the situation. Ever see what an immortal husband can do when he's mad? yeah, you don't want to see that.

I proceeded to look at my surroundings, it looks very modern, solid white walls lined up, a glass front wall that is most definitely there to provide an illusion of vulnerability, a bed, a toilet bowl, some toilet paper, and that's it.

"A jail cell huh. Something's very wrong here."

It is indeed wrong, how in the world could someone possibly get the money to jail me in such an advanced cell? and also add in what looks to be solid iron chains nailed to the ground as well? I tugged the chains for a bit, testing to build quality, and sure enough, the chains are bolted straight to the bedrock by the looks of it. Incredibly extensive bounds, almost as if It's purpose built to hold me in.

"Whoever you are, trust me, this will not end well for you." I said, "Listen, just... let me go and I can maybe lighten your sentence significantly, okay?"

"I'm afraid that is not an option dear."

There was a chill down my spine and I screened the cell, that voice, It's Ozpin's!

"Ozpin? love? what do you mean not an option?" I asked, my face getting more confused.

There was a brief silence before someone, someone I did not expect, walked towards the cell and stared down at me.

"Please, the time when we were lovebirds is far gone now. You know better than to tug at my heartstrings, Salem."

"Huh? w-what do you mean? tug at your heartstrings? we've been married for literally centuries! raised thousands of children, almost all of them we unconditionally love, of course I'm tugging at your heartstrings! what the hell Ozpin?!? why did you-"

I then felt electricity coursing to my body, my muscle spasming out of control as something electrocuted me. Why? why is Ozpin doing this?!?

"Love, please.... let me go. I was just teaching Ruby and I was about to apprehend this guy named Roman, what have I done to earn this punishment?"

Ozpin looked at me as if he was staring at a crazy woman. He then immediately lowered the glass walls, proceeded to walk right up to my face, and shook his head.

"Salem, you have been responsible for the spreading of Grimm, the instigator of numerous conflicts throughout Remnant, and also, you broke my heart when I try to speak reason to you. Please, just for yourself, do NOT try to weasel your way out of this."

It was then that an explosion was heard, I turned my head around and Ozpin as well. "We are not done here." He said, before he closed up my cell again and walked outside my view. Is it Qrow? is he trying to rescue me?

A red portal then appeared in front of me, and I saw Raven quickly arriving, cutting my chains and motioning me to escape with her. "C'mon, we don't have much time. If what Qrow thinks is true, then we really have to get out of here."

I nodded and walked alongside Cinder towards the portal, and entered into a nondescript hotel room, the scenery was visibly in Vale. So it must be not too far from that prison cell I was placed in. "Wait here, and don't answer that door no matter what. Winter is currently scouting for a bullhead that we can steal, and Qrow's busy distracting Ozpin. I'm going to go back and rescue him. And then we can proceed to tell you what happened, are you okay with that your highness?"

I promptly nodded. "You're Black Order Raven. Do what you have to do."

Raven then ran towards the portal, and sometime later, returned with Qrow, that rugged bastard was firing his gun towards the portal before Raven closed it. "Your highness." Qrow greeted. "Sorry for hurting your husband."

"It's fine Qrow. You did what you have to do." I replied, sitting on a chair, Vale looks... different, most of the buildings are there, but the street layouts, the skyscrapers, the signs, all of them. They look... wrong, not up to code.

"So, Qrow, tell me what you've been thinking? I heard from Raven and she tells me this one's going to be a doozy."

The man sighs, "Yeah, it is. So brace yourselves, but, after talking with Ozpin. It seems that we have been transported to another universe."

At first, I was silent, I was silent for a very, very long time. But then I proceeded to look at Qrow in the eyes, and shook my head.

"Qrow, I know that you're a no nonsense type of person, but even I find it hard to believe what you say is true."

"Then don't believe me, believe in what Ozpin has to say to me." He responded. Before he then grabbed his scroll and played a recording of him talking to Ozpin. It is a lot of detail, but I know my husband is serious, the tone, his phrasing, his everything. It all checks out. Being a wife to your husband for millennia gives you that kind of access.

So it is to no surprise of everyone that I put both my hands on my face, and began thinking.

"So, Ozpin had a huge fallout with me, and has been fighting against me ever since that fallout... ugh, I know it won't change much, but are you sure my husband is deadly serious when he says that?"

I know the answer, and Qrow only nodded in response. "You should know that answer your highness. Ozpin really, really despises you."

I lifted my hands from my face and then stared at both Qrow and Raven. "Then we must get out of here, get out of vale, and go straight into the wilderness, I can control some of the Grimm that will block your way, but we have to get outta here."

It was then that there was a knock on the door. Both Raven and Qrow readied their weapons. Raven proceeded to open the door, aura active and sword ready, but lowered her guard once she saw who was coming.

"I have a bullhead ready and waiting." Winter said, entering the room. "Where do you want to go Your Highness?"

Chapter 5
We reached the airport soon enough. Well admittedly less of an airport and more of a makeshift landing pad in a garden. Qrow and Raven cleared up enough land for Winter to land the bullhead, and all of us got into the jet. I noticed the scenery of the city of Vale as the sun starts rising up and the daily life for millions of Vale citizens beginning. Strange, the thought of them regarding me as a hostile enemy...

"Ugh... all of this is strange."

"You're telling me." Qrow commented. "Now, how do we get out of this place before all this comes crashing down on us? I'm already on shaky ground with him the moment Glynda mentioned seeing me with Raven. Your husband seems to think my sister is in cahoots with you on some grand evil plan to ruin Vale or something."

I can see Raven visibly cringing at that thought. "Me? ruin Vale? allying with someone who wants to destroy humanity? I mean, myself and Qrow attended beacon to find ways to more effectively kill huntsmen, but assuming we even continued that path. Why in the world would we ally with a Salem that controls Grimm? that's counterproductive at the very least!"

The plane then began taking off, both Raven and Qrow visibly in a bad mood, the thought of being in another world slowly sinking more and more.

"Where do we go now, your highness?" Winter suddenly interrupted. "We could go to Atlas, Mistral, Vacuo, anywhere you want really. This bullhead has enough fuel and food to get us there."

Hmmm, where to go indeed. Going out on our own is a losing proposition from the get go. Maybe menagerie? or perhaps...

"Take us to the Emerald Forest. I want to talk to Ozpin one last time, Qrow, Raven, you'll be my guard."

A palpable silence filled the room. A silence broken when Winter walked up to me with an incredulous look on her face. Apparently activating the Bullhead's autopilot system.

"Your highness, forgive my rudeness, but are you sure? this Ozpin hates you with all his being!" She said. "I just don't want to explain to your husband when we get back about how you're stuck somewhere in another universe! that is going to be a report I do not want to write."

"And that is why I have Qrow and Raven guarding me. Even my dear husband and Glynda would think twice about taking me, Qrow, and Winter head on."

I sighed, before I looked at Winter with a smile, "listen, it will all be alright. Okay? I just... need to talk things out with my husband, this Ozpin seems dismissive early on, but I sense his confusion before it turned to anger, I want to utilize that, try to convince Ozpin that I'm not her, and if it fails... then I'll just push him to the Emerald Forest and we fly to Mistral, all the while I'll cast an spell on myself, masking my appearance back to my previous un-grimmed self."

Winter only stared at me for a few minutes. Before she relented, "alright, if that is what you want. Then I will do it. I swore loyalty to Unified Remnant a long time ago, and I will not let it be tested just because I disagreed with my queen."

I returned her response with a hug. "You... are an interesting woman Winter. Thank you for understanding, It's been a pleasure knowing more how a Schnee family member operates. And I have to say, I'm impressed."

Winter nodded before returning back to the cockpit seat, flying the jet straight into the Emerald Forest. I knew Ozpin is most likely preparing for the initial trials, a perfect time for me to introduce myself.

The jet landed on a clearing near the area where the trials should take place. And I walked out of the Bullhead, Qrow and Raven in hand. There's no way Ozpin would've not noticed that, and I was right.

Walking off of the forest, I saw the face of my husband, the person who I loved with all my heart.
2617671-1477357428999-Vol2_Ozpin_ProfilePic_Normal.png

Unfortunately, he seems not at all pleased with my sudden appearance, and further frowned when he saw both Qrow and Raven in my flanks.

"I do not have the slightest clue how you managed to convince both the Branwen's to join your wretched cause Salem, but whatever it is, it won't work on me." He said clearly, readying his staff.

"Please, I am not here to fight." I replied. "I just want to talk, and if you are not convinced, then I have both Raven and Qrow here, and Winter is in the bullhead acting as backup."

Ozpin was taken aback even more when I mention Winter. "So it seems that even you have infiltrated the Schnee family. How... despicable, and so like you to manipulate others like that."

"Listen, beloved. I'm only here to discuss things with you, you know that I can burn the entirety of Vale to the ground, so please. If you are not doing it for me, then at least do it for the people who live on Vale."

That should do it. Sorry love, but I need threats to get over what I'm about to say here.

"Fine, I will listen to whatever it is you have to say, just do note that I will take everything from what you say with a grain of salt."

I sighed, looked at both Raven and Qrow, both of them nodding separately, and begin my explanation of everything.

"I am... not the Salem you know of beloved. The memory of you and myself fighting in that castle, I did not have that memory. The thought of me having such a strong hatred of humanity, wishing It's perennial destruction did cross my mind once, early on in our early Kingdom's history, but, it is you Ozpin, or should I say, Ozma. That tempered my hatred, and guided it into a better path."

"I am not from this universe Ozpin. Is what I have to say to you, I came from a universe where we both didn't fall out, but instead fathered many, oh so many children along the way, as well as guiding our Kingdom towards better and better prosperity, it eventually culminated in the unification of all of remnant into one single nation. I was a teacher at Beacon College when the 'shift' happened, and-"

"Wait, you mean to tell me that you are a teacher at my huntsman academy? I have heard lies before Salem, but this is something else."

"Then don't listen to me, listen to the evidence I have in front of you."

I whip out my card showing my credentials, all official looking. I saw Ozpin wearing a very similar type of card during our conversation in the cell, so it should be enough to give him some sort of pause. He took it and analyzed it with every fiber of his being. Typical Ozpin.

After a couple of minutes, he handed it over to me, but then proceeded to ask me a question I'd expected, but didn't really want to answer.

"And how is this not some forgery?" He asked.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, "do you really think that I'd go all this way, into the emerald forest, inside one of the most guarded places in all of Vale, just to gloat or kill you? does it stand to reason that, assuming I was here, I'd just go out of my way to destroy Vale right out of the get go?"

Ozpin went silent for a few minutes, "Don't think for a second that I believe in this wild fantasy story you're concocting, but, you do have one thing that makes sense, your very presence here. Why are you here Salem?"

Last edited:
Chapter 6
I exhaled a sigh of relief. He still doesn't believe me, but he is willing to listen to reason. Typical Ozpin.

"I am here because I am interested in forming a truce, I don't want to get hunted on by your huntsman and huntresses, and I am willing to give you my services in exchange."

"Like what?" Ozpin replied. "Prevent further Grimm attacks on Vale? please, like I would believe in that. Now you're going to tell me that you're going to teach the students in the art of fighting!"

I only glanced at Ozpin, raising my one eyebrow, I know for a fact that he knows my body movements, and, just as expected. He opened his mouth and stared at me.

A stare that he continues until Qrow decided to break the ice.

"Yo Oz, you going to just stare at her like that or what?"

Ozpin shook her head and reformulated himself. "Sorry, I was aware of that face my wife makes whenever she's serious about something. I am just... well, I am a mixture of emotions right now. But perhaps you can explain what are you planning to do when you-"

"Oh, hey Uncle Qrow!!"

I saw a bunch of students arriving. Seems like the test is finally about to start. The one woman that greeted Qrow has golden hair and wears quite the... provocative costume.
1036full-yang-xiao-long-%28rwby%29.jpg

"Wait. Sister? what are you doing here?" I heard someone, someone with white hair staring at Winter. The Remnant Officer turned her head, facing towards the other woman and looked at her confusingly.

"Are you... no, that can't be." I heard Winter. "I thought you were dead."

"What? what are you talking about?" That other woman wondered. "Winter, c'mon, don't tell me you don't recognize me! I'm Weiss! your younger sister!"
latest

Winter backtracked for a bit, visibly confused at the sudden appearance of her sister. "But... but you were."

"What? defied the orders of my family and came here?" Weiss asked.

"N-no, just..."

Winter turned her head around, I saw it throughout her body. Her body was visibly shaking at the thought of seeing her sister for the first time.

"Winter, are you okay?" She asked. With winter simply not responding. Walking away from her and entering the bullhead.

Except for Yang, Ruby and Weiss though, the rest of the team seems to be walking towards the jump pads and preparing themselves. I even saw a young blond man who most likely have no business here walking to the pads as well. Probably someone who got here from connections or something, well, maybe he'll distinguish himself. Maybe he'll not.

"Professor Ooooozpiiin!" I heard a woman with bright red hair call him. "Who's that Grimm looking woman? is she someone that I need to BREAK HER LEGS?!?"

"No Nora, that would be quite unnecessary." Ozpin replied. "She is here as one of the testers for today."

"Oh, I see, well alright then! c'mon Ren! we've got a test to ace!!" She said, dragging another man alongside her. A man that acts and looks much less uhh, 'active' as that other young woman.

"So, Ozpin. You said that I will be testing the children. What... do you mean by that?" I whispered besides him. I don't mind testing, but I am not confident that Ozpin has just let go of his grudge against me just like that.

"Well, since Glynda just informed me that she isn't coming. Perhaps you'll be in charge of the students' safety." He replied. "Make sure the students perform well, but if there is a Grimm that is too much for the students to handle, then kill it. Kill the Grimm, and perhaps... we can make some sort of arrangement."

I only nodded. "If that's what you want, then that's what you get."

"Alright, then do prepare Salem. Because the test starts..."

And right on cue. The students' platforms launched them off into the air.

"Now."

Back
Top Bottom