What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Frozen in Carbonite Constitution

Aaron Fox

SB's Minor Junker Descendant and Hunter of Nazis
Author
Well, with the situation across the internet and our slowly growing popularity from those disenfranchised/kicked out of DWW, SB, and SV, we should start creating a 'living document' style 'forum constitution' to ensure that the forum prospers. While I'm not good with legalese, but this should be used as a founding document of sorts where all other rules must abide by. It can be amended of course (as no one document can withstand the tests of time) and with an overwhelming majority (probably somewheres around 80% of the forum) we can have a sort of constitutional convention if it can't stay relevant...

So Staff and Founders of FiC, what are your thoughts?

I vote nay.
Well, we don't want our forum to degenerate into SV or DWW... and SB's mod shenanigans are getting more and more blaitent these days...

... it's better that we have something that protects everyone then have shit like the Athene Fiasco. It doesn't even have to be a constitutional document, just something to keep everyone on the level as it were.
How about "Please, Lord, don't let me fuck up. Amen."
... not good enough.

Well, we don't want our forum to degenerate into SV or DWW... and SB's mod shenanigans are getting more and more blaitent these days...

... it's better that we have something that protects everyone then have shit like the Athene Fiasco. It doesn't even have to be a constitutional document, just something to keep everyone on the level as it were.
You're silly. We can't protect ourselves with a text. If shit goes bad, we leave, simple as that. Just sleep on it, will ya? It helps.

You're silly. We can't protect ourselves with a text. If shit goes bad, we leave, simple as that. Just sleep on it, will ya? It helps.
It's better than nothing...

@Horton, your thoughts?

It's better than nothing...
Nope, it's not. Because we don't know how to write legalese stuff, and either we roleplay it as binding, meaning welcome to loophole paradise or we do not and it's toilet paper. This is a web forum. There is no separation of powers.

The Greeks did not discuss a Constitution with the asses living on Mount Olympus, did they?

x,x

SV tried to do that.

Community compact and everything.

They sold it a year ago and according to the latest the Council has been reduced to less than a rubber stump.
I didn't keep an eye on that...
@Aaron Fox, I understand the sentiment behind your idea but the dream doesn't match our reality.
Would a founding document be better?

Isn't a founding document sort of like a mission statement?

A founding document is more involved than a mission statement. It outlines the terms in which an organisation is established and governed and all parties must agree to abide by it. Seeing as we flocked here so as to escape over-moderation from other sites a founding document will not fly.

So in a sense, we're all anarcho-libertarians here (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).

A founding document is more involved than a mission statement. It outlines the terms in which an organisation is established and governed and all parties must agree to abide by it. Seeing as we flocked here so as to escape over-moderation from other sites a founding document will not fly.

So in a sense, we're all anarcho-libertarians here (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).
I am not anarcho-Libertarian. I'm someone that can't fit into any one group, I have both progressive and conservative attitudes, I respect government and yet don't trust certain groups with said government, etc. I see that only thing keeping humanity at bay is rules and the consequences of breaking said rules... and that applies to everyone.

I am not anarcho-Libertarian. I'm someone that can't fit into any one group, I have both progressive and conservative attitudes, I respect government and yet don't trust certain groups with said government, etc. I see that only thing keeping humanity at bay is rules and the consequences of breaking said rules... and that applies to everyone.

I'm not saying you're an anarcho-libertarian
I'm saying that this forum follows that model.

Back
Top Bottom