What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Israel-Gaza conflict

@IndyFront maybe just summarize what it said?

@IndyFront maybe just summarize what it said?
Well if it was taken down it was most likely bullshit, it alleged Israel was using rape dogs, but then I squinted when they claimed it had "never occurred before" which is false, because it occurred under Pinochet. So yeah, I'm calling bullshit. Israel is fucked enough without having to make stuff up about them.

Well if it was taken down it was most likely bullshit, it alleged Israel was using rape dogs, but then I squinted when they claimed it had "never occurred before" which is false, because it occurred under Pinochet. So yeah, I'm calling bullshit. Israel is fucked enough without having to make stuff up about them.
From a look online it appears to have come from some bad subtitles in an Al Jazeera video which was actually saying prisoners had been subjected to rape and to dog attacks, rather than rape by the dogs.

Wouldn't be too sure. I remember years ago Richard Dawkins doing his special on "religion as the root of all evil" going to Israel and finding that the schoolchildren are literally taught that "it's okay if it's the Jews doing it to other people" when it comes to conquest and war crimes. (Tested by having them analyze the same set of events but in one cast set in the ancient Middle East and in the other case in ancient China)
let me guess, Dawkins backs Israel to the hilt nowadays?

let me guess, Dawkins backs Israel to the hilt nowadays?
From his Wikipedia article:

Dawkins has stated that he is "on the fence" about the Israeli–Palestinian conflict, and has stated on Twitter that "It is reasonable to deplore both the original foundation of the Jewish State of Israel & aspirations now to destroy it." Dawkins said that "can you explain why Palestinian Arabs should be the ones to pay for Hitler's crimes? You surely aren't going to stoop to some kind of biblical justification for picking on that land rather than, say, Bavaria or Madagascar?" Dawkins also expressed anger over Israeli actions during the 2014 Israel–Gaza conflict. He tweeted, "[t]he extent of the destruction in Gaza is obscene. Poor people. Poor people who have lost their homes, their relatives, everything."

From his Wikipedia article:

Dawkins has stated that he is "on the fence" about the Israeli–Palestinian conflict, and has stated on Twitter that "It is reasonable to deplore both the original foundation of the Jewish State of Israel & aspirations now to destroy it." Dawkins said that "can you explain why Palestinian Arabs should be the ones to pay for Hitler's crimes? You surely aren't going to stoop to some kind of biblical justification for picking on that land rather than, say, Bavaria or Madagascar?" Dawkins also expressed anger over Israeli actions during the 2014 Israel–Gaza conflict. He tweeted, "[t]he extent of the destruction in Gaza is obscene. Poor people. Poor people who have lost their homes, their relatives, everything."
lots of people got more hardline after oct07
and many of his new atheist friends are very Zionist

the bulk of new atheist weren't atheist so much as just neo nazis looking for a safer hat
Eh…. The "Four Horsemen" remained pretty much just pro-secular and/or anti-religion, as did a number of the mid-tiers like AronRa. Thunderfoot dipped his toes into alt-rightness but pulled back after noticing the piranhas in that river.

It's mostly the low-tier ones like Armored Skeptic that went alt-right. Because they were in it at least partially as a grift rather than being true believers in a cause like James Randi or Hitchens

Eh…. The "Four Horsemen" remained pretty much just pro-secular and/or anti-religion, as did a number of the mid-tiers like AronRa. Thunderfoot dipped his toes into alt-rightness but pulled back after noticing the piranhas in that river.

It's mostly the low-tier ones like Armored Skeptic that went alt-right. Because they were in it at least partially as a grift rather than being true believers in a cause like James Randi or Hitchens
true enough

I do not see Israel-Japan relations lasting much longer. I'm doing a deep dive into research about countries I want to visit when I have the money, and Japan and Palestine are on the list (although Palestine is at the bottom since I will most likely die there lmaooo)
More:

Last edited:
I do not see Israel-Japan relations lasting much longer. I'm doing a deep dive into research about countries I want to visit when I have the money, and Japan and Palestine are on the list (although Palestine is at the bottom since I will most likely die there lmaooo)
More:
Why would the Japan-Israel relations collapse? Because of some youth protests? Mate, we have muchlarger weekly protests in support of Palestine pretty much everywhere in Europe and noone is seeing anything happening whatsoever to the involved diplomatic relations.

It's not because the US population overall doesn't care that countries where the Palestinian cause is more popular will suddenly break down diplomatic relations wih Israel.

in any culture with mandatory military service said military service sees all civilians as just out of uniform soldiers and thus applied the Hannibal directive

Why would the Japan-Israel relations collapse? Because of some youth protests? Mate, we have muchlarger weekly protests in support of Palestine pretty much everywhere in Europe and noone is seeing anything happening whatsoever to the involved diplomatic relations.

It's not because the US population overall doesn't care that countries where the Palestinian cause is more popular will suddenly break down diplomatic relations wih Israel.
Japan is extremely pro-UN/internationalist, so even if there is no "official" cessation of diplomatic relations between Israel and Pro-Palestine countries, if the current conflict between Israel and the international community gets any worse it could lead to people choosing sides, even if unofficially. Of course, you could be right and this all chills out, I'm less optimistic however.
Also the second link you missed seems to indicate Japanese officials are perfectly fine with distancing themselves from Israel: https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20240703-japan-slams-israel-for-legalising-west-bank-settlements/
EDIT: More news - https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2024/7/8/gaza-toll-could-exceed-186000-lancet-study-says

Last edited:
Japan is extremely pro-UN/internationalist, so even if there is no "official" cessation of diplomatic relations between Israel and Pro-Palestine countries, if the current conflict between Israel and the international community gets any worse it could lead to people choosing sides, even if unofficially. Of course, you could be right and this all chills out, I'm less optimistic however.
Also the second link you missed seems to indicate Japanese officials are perfectly fine with distancing themselves from Israel: https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20240703-japan-slams-israel-for-legalising-west-bank-settlements/
EDIT: More news - https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2024/7/8/gaza-toll-could-exceed-186000-lancet-study-says
Japan might be UN/internationalist, but in the end, the whole Palestine stuff is not remotely important enough to justify causing a political crisis with the US, on which they are utterly dependent in terms of security and defense.

Japan might be UN/internationalist, but in the end, the whole Palestine stuff is not remotely important enough to justify causing a political crisis with the US, on which they are utterly dependent in terms of security and defense.
I'm not saying Japan and the US or Israel will get into a direct military-to-military confrontation, but in the already-unlikely scenario that tensions between the international community and Israel escalate to a point where Japanese relations with Israel become untenable - something that is indeed possible - the U.S. and Japan could end up on opposite sides of a third major international conflagration. This has happened numerous times between Turkey and the U.S. in Syria, wherein U.S. and Turkish forces have exchanged fire (although one of those was due in large part to the idiocy of US leadership, in this case Trumpy) despite them both being NATO allies and bound to defend each other by defense treaty, much like the U.S. and Japan. Of course, deconfliction measures exist between the two sides due in large part to their interconnectedness via various defense-bureaucratic redtape, so I think for an idea of how a Japanese-U.S. relationship would work were they to find themselves in the unlikely event of backing opposing sides in a major international conflagration - we'd see the U.S. and Japan smooth things over and for the most part remain allies, despite backing opposing sides (Japan backing Palestine and U.S. backing Israel, while remaining cordial for the most part), once things were settled and over with.

Also current tensions absolutely do exist between the U.S. and Japan, just look at this putrid ongoing bullshit. If I had it my way the degenerate pieces of shit that undertook this heinous crime would be chemically castrated

EDIT: Links to back up US-Turkish confrontations->
This has apparently been an ongoing proxy war between the U.S. and Turkey with conflicts occurring at least a few times a year, despite them both being NATO "allies"

Last edited:
I'm not saying Japan and the US or Israel will get into a direct military-to-military confrontation, but in the already-unlikely scenario that tensions between the international community and Israel escalate to a point where Japanese relations with Israel become untenable - something that is indeed possible - the U.S. and Japan could end up on opposite sides of a third major international conflagration. This has happened numerous times between Turkey and the U.S. in Syria, wherein U.S. and Turkish forces have exchanged fire (although one of those was due in large part to the idiocy of US leadership, in this case Trumpy) despite them both being NATO allies and bound to defend each other by defense treaty, much like the U.S. and Japan. Of course, deconfliction measures exist between the two sides due in large part to their interconnectedness via various defense-bureaucratic redtape, so I think for an idea of how a Japanese-U.S. relationship would work were they to find themselves in the unlikely event of backing opposing sides in a major international conflagration - we'd see the U.S. and Japan smooth things over and for the most part remain allies, despite backing opposing sides (Japan backing Palestine and U.S. backing Israel, while remaining cordial for the most part), once things were settled and over with.

Also current tensions absolutely do exist between the U.S. and Japan, just look at this putrid ongoing bullshit. If I had it my way the degenerate pieces of shit that undertook this heinous crime would be chemically castrated

EDIT: Links to back up US-Turkish confrontations->
This has apparently been an ongoing proxy war between the U.S. and Turkey with conflicts occurring at least a few times a year, despite them both being NATO "allies"
What kind of major conflagration could come from the Palestinian situation? Noone outside ME shitty places cares enough to go to war about it, and Japan's military is only relevant in its region.

What kind of major conflagration could come from the Palestinian situation? Noone outside ME shitty places cares enough to go to war about it, and Japan's military is only relevant in its region.
Does Japan not back Ukraine against Russia? Why would they be inconsistent and not back Palestine against Israel if things spiraled out of control? Both Russia and Israel are much more powerful nuclear-armed states bullying their poorer neighbors and both lie outside of Japan's region?

Does Japan not back Ukraine against Russia? Why would they be inconsistent and not back Palestine against Israel if things spiraled out of control? Both Russia and Israel are much more powerful nuclear-armed states bullying their poorer neighbors and both lie outside of Japan's region?
And how is Japan backing Ukraine? Words and maybe some intel or small equipment, that's it. Plus, Ukraine can have stuff delivered to it despite Russia's desires, while you cannot deliver anything to Palestine without Israeli say-so.

Japan's relevance to the Ukraine-Russia war is borderline nil.

Back
Top Bottom