What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 election: how can the democrats win?

No, given the situation, they'll likely see even the people within the various government bodies siding with the revolution. When I mean 'October Revolution', I mean 'even the military is sick of your bullshit'.
well if the military had decided they are acting against a domestic threat then the point is moot, and were talking about a different hypothetical

well if the military had decided they are acting against a domestic threat then the point is moot, and were talking about different hypothetical
Yeah, people forget that during the October Revolution, even the Russian military was sick of the provisional government's ineptitude, incompetence, and unwillingness to back out of the war.

Yeah, people forget that during the October Revolution, even the Russian military was sick of the provisional government's ineptitude, incompetence, and unwillingness to back out of the war.

Really the Bolsheviks were just the first to jump at the opportunity presented. If they hadn't chances are Wrangel, Kornilov or some other band of crazies would have thrown the decisive blow.

Really the Bolsheviks were just the first to jump at the opportunity presented. If they hadn't chances are Wrangel, Kornilov or some other band of crazies would have thrown the decisive blow.
Actually the Bolsheviks were smart and took over the not-obviously-vital-but-later-found-to-be-vital tea warehouses (at least to everyone else anyway). That, surprisingly enough, gave them the ultimate edge over their opponents. From what I've read, there is one thing that Russians love more to drink than vodka: tea. as in they're more fanatical tea fanatics than the British. Sure their preferred tea is a darker type but it basically gave the Bolsheviks the edge they needed.

Actually the Bolsheviks were smart and took over the not-obviously-vital-but-later-found-to-be-vital tea warehouses (at least to everyone else anyway). That, surprisingly enough, gave them the ultimate edge over their opponents. From what I've read, there is one thing that Russians love more to drink than vodka: tea. as in they're more fanatical tea fanatics than the British. Sure their preferred tea is a darker type but it basically gave the Bolsheviks the edge they needed.
Popularity is a surprisingly good weapon in the midst of a revolution. Certainly the tea helped when they made their move ("should I side with the people handing out my tea or the people who arrested my brother five years back?" and what not) but it was Lenin's choice to revolt when he did that sealed a Bolshevik place of importance in Russia, rather than be just one of many radical factions.

Popularity is a surprisingly good weapon in the midst of a revolution. Certainly the tea helped when they made their move ("should I side with the people handing out my tea or the people who arrested my brother five years back?" and what not) but it was Lenin's choice to revolt when he did that sealed a Bolshevik place of importance in Russia, rather than be just one of many radical factions.
Yeah... and this is getting into derail territory so we better stop it before we get hammered.

As far as democrats go, I haven't seen good criticism of Tulsi that hasn't been shot down immediately. There's a few hilarious moments on the JRE podcast recently because a NYT journalist went full NPC. I'm really enjoying the resistance to her in a schadenfreude kind of way. I hope she keeps her head.

I just listened to a the newest JRE podcast. Andrew Yang was on and he talked about universal basic income. He talked about artificial intelligence and job depletion. He talked about real economic shit. Like how manufacturing jobs were gutted completely and those district hurt the most (millions lost jobs) voted overwhelmingly Trump as a consequence. He's facing that head on. I don't see any candidate seriously talking about this on their platform.

Lastly, look at these two political ads:

One which is from a speech, the other is "i'm for good things and against bad things"

Back
Top Bottom