What's new
Frozen in Carbonite

Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 election: how can the democrats win?

7phm5nm49qm01.jpg

Yep. Overlaps with

So basically: I wonder to what extent will the media will de facto allow a campaign that doesn't revolve around Trump.
They get their steady feed of scandals from leaks, investigative news reports, and PAC ads.

Attacking Trumpie beyond pointing out his failures is not necessary for the campaign itself. They can also make contrasts in policy, like funding border security without wasting money on a wall that people don't want, etc.

Just don't give in to the temptation to chase the wind. That turns Trumpie into a martyr again with hypocritically pointing to his opponent and saying that they are only about attacking him and being negative. Instead, counter his platform and let everyone else tear him apart for you. He still bleeds, Democrat keeps their hands clean, and instead of giving Trumpie a single point to focus on he has to try and counter a multitude of attackers.

They get their steady feed of scandals from leaks, investigative news reports, and PAC ads.

Attacking Trumpie beyond pointing out his failures is not necessary for the campaign itself. They can also make contrasts in policy, like funding border security without wasting money on a wall that people don't want, etc.

Just don't give in to the temptation to chase the wind. That turns Trumpie into a martyr again with hypocritically pointing to his opponent and saying that they are only about attacking him and being negative. Instead, counter his platform and let everyone else tear him apart for you. He still bleeds, Democrat keeps their hands clean, and instead of giving Trumpie a single point to focus on he has to try and counter a multitude of attackers.
Hell, none of the campaigning Democrats are mentioning him thus far. Seems to be working fine to me.

And if Bernie puts his name forward the words "rape essay" will be put front and centre on every talk show
Well, he didn't exactly have the support of mainstream media last time around either, so that won't be surprising to anyone.

This makes me wonder how the Clinton campaign walked into this head-first and to what extent they could have actually avoided it, in the sense that perhaps the media circus would have disproportionately gave Trump time anyway.
I'd say the result of psychology, let me do a bit of armchair reasoning and some Googling.

You basically had a situation in which one party was largely ahead of each other going by the polls and it was obvious at the time that Trump wasn't popular, human beings being lazy creatures as they often can be saw the lead in the polls and likely thought? "Damn, this'll be a landslide, we don't really need to try" and as a result the Dems sit back during the election and put less effort into campaigning in the types of states that they need and Trump being the underdog was campaigning at the time.

But:

About 13 percent of voters in Wisconsin, Florida and Pennsylvania decided on their presidential vote choice in the final week, according to the best available data. These voters broke for Trump by near 30 points in Wisconsin and by 17 points in Florida and Pennsylvania.

So by the time the Clinton campaign realised they might lose, it was too late, Trump had months upon months of preparation, a time in which to campaign and promote his policies and views. It also didn't help that a lot of what Clinton said in debates was more complex then Trump's style of "Build a wall" and that type of rhetoric is most of the time more effective at getting support from people, it's likely less effective on us here as we're the type who like discussing policies with more of an academic type of nuance, but to the average voter who probably doesn't even know what a central bank is? It gets them going.

But yep, I'm pretty sure it had something to do with the lack of campaigning by the candidate and the level of emotional intelligence of that candidate.

Another problem is what has been revealed in the Trump-Russia investigation with Russia and the GOP being more or less complicit with it (or at least, the higher ups).
I will say it's nice to see the nra acting at least publicly showing that they are not proud of being caught out for being a putin catspaw

I will say it's nice to see the nra acting at least publicly showing that they are not proud of being caught out for being a putin catspaw
Eh, from what I understand that depends on who you ask, but then again from what I've heard the higher up you go in the group hierarchy, the more they pertain to the gun companies' interests.

Eh, from what I understand that depends on who you ask, but then again from what I've heard the higher up you go in the group hierarchy, the more they pertain to the gun companies' interests.
well that only makes sense as the NRA was just a way to sell guns and gun accessories just a generation ago, that money doesn't just go away, sounds like the lobbyist forgot who the boss is

well that only makes sense as the NRA was just a way to sell guns and gun accessories just a generation ago, that money doesn't just go away, sounds like the lobbyist forgot who the boss is
No, the NRA is basically doing as intended after the gun companies took over, and most of the people on the bottom of the pole don't know it yet. This is what happens when you don't regulate. :(

No, the NRA is basically doing as intended after the gun companies took over, and most of the people on the bottom of the pole don't know it yet. This is what happens when you don't regulate. :(
if the Russian connection was the companies idea, how did they think getting the NRA lobby in bed with a foreign power would profit domestic arms manufacturers?

if the Russian connection was the companies idea, how did they think getting the NRA lobby in bed with a foreign power would profit domestic arms manufacturers?
Given that, from what I can tell, to further their power no matter the cost. The general population is getting less and less tolerant with the NRA's bullshit and have been declining in political power, from what I can tell. From what I can tell, most companies want to go back to the glory days of the Gilded Age, forgetting that during that time everyone below the rich were getting primed to do an October Revolution impression on them.

Given that, from what I can tell, to further their power no matter the cost. The general population is getting less and less tolerant with the NRA's bullshit and have been declining in political power, from what I can tell. From what I can tell, most companies want to go back to the glory days of the Gilded Age, forgetting that during that time everyone below the rich were getting primed to do an October Revolution impression on them.
dark humor, in red October situation how fast do you those arms companies would forward their sales records and NRA registrations to the ATF to save their misbegotten lives

dark humor, in red October situation how fast do you those arms companies would forward their sales records and NRA registrations to the ATF to save their misbegotten lives
Not fast enough because you have to cause causality to take effect to save their lives. As in 'go back into the past and force their younger selves to not be greedy idiots if not outright killing their younger selves' levels of causality problems. Oh, and the October Revolution had a majority of Russia siding with the Bolsheviks... especially once they took over Russia's tea supply (there is one thing that Russians love to drink more than Vodka, and that is tea and lots of it).

Not fast enough because you have to cause causality to take effect to save their lives. As in 'go back into the past and force their younger selves to not be greedy idiots if not outright killing their younger selves' levels of causality problems. Oh, and the October Revolution had a majority of Russia siding with the Bolsheviks... especially once they took over Russia's tea supply (there is one thing that Russians love to drink more than Vodka, and that is tea and lots of it).
dude they know who has what, NRA was always a backdoor register system only way to keep the marketing on point, they'd roll before the out break of a full blown conflict city scale riots at best

dude they know who has what, NRA was always a backdoor register system only way to keep the marketing on point, they'd roll before the out break of a full blown conflict city scale riots at best
No, given the situation, they'll likely see even the people within the various government bodies siding with the revolution. When I mean 'October Revolution', I mean 'even the military is sick of your bullshit'.

Back
Top Bottom