Welcome to FiC! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
So I've decided to put my Ubisoft+ to use and play Tom Clancy's EndWar. It's an RTS where you control a battalion in an all out futuristic war between Russia, USA, and Europe. In 2020 Russia starts a war between the "European Federation" and the USA for...reasons. Russia teams to fight the USA, but the USA delcares war on Russia for...reasons. You can chose to be an American, European or Russian battalion commander. Each one is essentially the same, except for thier WMDs. USA has kinetic bombardment, Europe has space lasers, Russia just has thermobaric missiles. The game has a very novel concept, as you can command troops with voice commands, and runs surprisingly well on modern systems. It gets really repetitive though. It's essentially 20 games of rock paper scissors that take 15 minutes each. Gunship beats Tank, Tank beats IFV, IFV beats Gunship.
Hi! This is my first TL, and I hope you all like it. I'm starting it today since today is the Colonel's birthday, and I'm planning on posting a chapter every Thursday or so starting next week. Questions and comments welcomed. Enjoy! Kentucky Fried Politics: A Colonel Sanders TL (Originally...
Jesus I was browsing through some old threads and found this gem recommended as being "so bad, it's good."
It is just...so, so stupid. The dude who wrote it has self-admitted he spend "all of elementary and middle school working his way through spec ed" but I'm convinced this fit was satire. Here's a little run down of what happens.
- SpaceX becomes the first company worth quadrillions. That's right. 15 zeroes. They build a space elevator to the moon in 2016
- American military technology becomes inconceivably advanced under the Howling administration, who promises to stop American soldiers from dying by starting more wars.
- Delta Force operatives kill 120 Mexican special forces on Mexican soil. Somehow, this doesn't end in war. Mexico demands 1 trillion in reparations, but considering inflation it's probably worth 3 peanuts and a cigarette.
- Unnamed terrorists decide to nuke the space elevator but are thwarted.
- The terrorists, numbering in the thousands, are reported as "resisting" are a put down with multiple shots to the head as a demonstration.
- In other news, women can join special forces which is...nice, I guess?
- Earth loses contact with mars.
- The Secretary of State suggests a peaceful solution to whatever did that. The President lambasts him in front of the joint chiefs and tells the navy to mobilize and equip their boats with .50 cals.
- troops mobilize on the ground to fight the enemy...in space.
- Elon Musk invents a translator device for the Batarians, which will provide a ruff[sic] translation of their language.
- The Batarians enter orbit, and receive a transmission from earth. They're blasting the Star-Spangled Banner.
- The army uses the space elevator to board the enemy ships.
- Whatever ships they can't board, they nuke.
- The End(?)
Starting a new Xcom files game. Things are going super well so far, currently in jan 1998. Knowing the tech tree and what guns are good before starting a game really helps. I can't keep up with a text lp but i might post some highlights on my profile
ok so an xcom files let's play seemed like a good idea at the time but taking a screenshot every action and dividing them up into sub-20 image posts for a mod infamous for camping strats now doesn't seem so plausible